News: Donald Trump goes on a twitter rant against Megan Rapinoe

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Jun 26, 2019.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, ok, now I finally get what's that thing on his head! :p

McSkillz repped this.
  2. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    глупый предатель

BrooklynSoccer and blissett repped this.
  3. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Way back when, politicians who ran for President and any other public service office generally did not offer themselves. They were drafted by others and nominated. They didn't make a video or ride an escalator self-announcing their intention to run.

It was, as Franklin pointed out, not a 'cool' move to do.

4. kumuyc

kumuyc Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I wonder if Jaelene Hinkle will chime in? She's already banished from the team for having a wrong think so why hold back?

5. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Actually, WNT brought her into camps and on rosters after the she was actively campaigning and seeking publicity against the Civil Rights of not only her coach, but her teammates.

McSkillz repped this.
  6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Hang on. I am not entirely familiar with the intricacies of this story, but I broadly understand what is going on.

Are you saying that Hinkle was actively seeking to violate the rights of some of the people on her team? Can you show me precisely where/how/when this took place? That seems to be one hell of a charge, and possibly implicating criminal proceedings.

This is the first time I've seen such a charge on BS, and I thought I had read a fair amount about it in the USWNT forums specifically.

CoachJon, MRAD12 and Barry Selph repped this.
  7. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Please, before you post, re-read what I write. Your inability to even read a post is exhausting.

As I said, Hinkle was actively seeking publicity against LGBT rights. She actively participated in interviews, social media posts and in a 15 minute TV segment on how her Religious beliefs are more important than her teammates equality or LGBT rights.

@Timon19, it's clear from your previous posts you don't think the LGBT community or players on this team deserve their equality.

Bob Lamm repped this.
  8. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Yeah, you couldn't be more wrong on that one. They deserve the same rights as everyone else.

I'm trying to ascertain where Hinkle did something legally wrong.

9. kumuyc

kumuyc Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Jaelene Hinkle doesn't want to participate in wearing LGBT pride jerseys because it goes against her personal belief. Megan Rapinoe doesn't want to participate in White House visit or singing of national anthem because it goes against her personal belief. Only one of them deserve to be banished from the team because reasons.

CoachJon, jack sticker and Barry Selph repped this.
  10. BrooklynBaby

BrooklynBaby Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Memphis
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Of course, a significant part of the LGBT etc. movement is we now have men winning women's sporting events in schools around the country. I'm against this, of course. What say ye?

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #61 MRAD12, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    I feel I have to jump in every time this is brought up.

Jaelene Hinkle from what I've read and heard and I've tried to follow this a little bit, never said she is against LGBT rights. From what I understand she is a Christian and she did not want to wear the LGBT colors on her uniform during a game for the USWNT because of her religion. She never said others shouldn't wear it. She has not discriminated against LGBT players in any way that I know of, she never said Gays should have less rights, etc. Nothing like that.
    She just said SHE didn't feel right wearing these colors on HER uniform when playing for the USWNT.

What if in her mind and religious conviction by wearing the LGBT colors jeopardizes her chance to go to Heaven? We may not believe the same as her but who are we to judge her on this?

Jaelene Hinkle plays with players who are Gay on the field all the time and seems to not have a problem.
    Hinkle is a great defender and IMO should be on the USWNT.

If Rapinoe has the right to not honor the playing of the National Anthem, does Jaelene Hinkle have the right to not have to wear the LGBT colors on her uniform?

12. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    What the hell does it matter who you sleep with. ???
    I’m so tired of all this.

FanOfFutbol and blissett repped this.
  13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It doesn't.

14. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I was making a general comment ... in case there was any doubt

15. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    only one? the irony of someone representing the USA and not proud , won't sing the anthem or do what all her other teammates do and is custom - hand over heart

even the English born coach can do it.

and she's the captain!

Convenient. If her beliefs were so strong she wouldn't play for her hateful country but then she'd miss a marketing opportunity for her brand wouldn't she?

she gets a lot of exposure being on the US Team and a lot of paychecks seemingly as the women play a lot more than the men. Who's the all-time caps leader for the US and how many US women are above 300? or 250 even?

I am NOT one of those 'Merica or Bust persons, far from it. I don't even think the US is the greatest country in the world. Really I don't.

I hate what we do all over the world and what we're trying to do in places like Syria, Venezuela etc.

16. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I stand and sing and put hand over heart.
    But I support Megan’s right to do as she does.
    Because.... America

orcrist, CoachJon, FanOfFutbol and 3 others repped this.
  17. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This is a rather new "tradition" I only saw this rarely before the nineties.

Auriaprottu, Bob Lamm, sitruc and 2 others repped this.
  18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Her right whether you like it or not.

While I wouldn't put cynicism past anyone, that's pretty ridiculous. Jozy Altidore is a Jehovah's Witness, and thus cannot make a public display of fealty to a worldly entity. And he doesn't. He merely stands at attention silently, eyes ahead or down. No one says "boo" about that.

Kinda sounds like it.

Gilmoy and blissett repped this.
  19. BrooklynBaby

BrooklynBaby Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Memphis
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    "A survey produced by the Harris Poll in partnership with Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) finds young Americans’ comfort with LGBTQ individuals has plunged from 63 percent in 2016 to 45 percent in 2018.
    According to the Accelerating Acceptance report, Americans aged 18-34 who say they are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people dropped from 63 percent in 2016 to 53 percent in 2017, and then to 45 percent in 2018"

.https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-lgbtq-acceptance-plunges-63-to-45-two-years/

orcrist repped this.
  20. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Re-read my posts then. She is/was actively protesting/speaking against the Civil Rights of her teammates and coach.

It's pretty simple.

Bob Lamm repped this.
  21. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odd the group fighting against intolerance also happens to be very intolerant themselves. You lose allies when your focus becomes about you and not about what you say it is. Pretty soon they will be the Kings and Queens of dismissive intolerance.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And this should show what?

CoachJon repped this.
  23. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Hinkle has a done a lot more than just decline to wear a rainbow jersey.

BTW, you can't even get this specific information correct. She was called back into camp after she refused to wear a uniform the team agreed on wearing.

24. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You say it's simple, but I don't think it is as simple as you say.

What civil right was she protesting, exactly? Was she advocating for the removal of said right, in a legal context? Was she expressing personal disapproval of <insert item>?

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    By all means, elaborate.

What civil right does this refusal violate?