News: Donald Trump goes on a twitter rant against Megan Rapinoe

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    its an insult because it is not their place to undermine the presidents invitation and they know it. If the team rejects Trumps invite and accepts Pelosi and Cryin Chuck..... it belittles the President. Thats their objective and I hope most of the team sees that and refuses to be used in this manner. As for Rapinoe... her time is almost over, Shes the only one talking, but not for long

2. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    What does this mean?

Are you saying that he's some sort of monarch who cannot countenance dissent?

You keep asserting the truth of this, but fail to explain why.

onefineesq repped this.
  3. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You throw out words like 'insult' and 'honor' and then use kindergarten insults to describe elected officials you don't like.
    I love when conservatives talk about "principles" as if they were some rock-solid god-given basis for their hateful behavior, but they'll flip in a second when the shoe's on the other foot.
    I'm sure you were high-fiving your conservative friends when Netanyahu was invited by Congress to ignore Obama, an actual suborning of the Constitutional roles in question.
    And you're snippy because a *soccer player* didn't want to kowtow to your traitor in chief?

4. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Uhhh....

5. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm not seeing your posts, but since it came so quickly after mine I noticed it.
    Briefly:
    1. I'm not the one who acts like the Presidency has a thing like lèse-majesté, so I'm not contradicting myself.
    2. Traitor is my honest assessment of what he is; not a pithy insult. I truly believe he is a traitor.

JanBalk, sitruc, jackiesdad and 2 others repped this.
  6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Aw, shucks! You had me on your list! Honored!

I don't see how one necessarily implies the other.

Ah, so you are Correct! That makes it totally not childish.

7. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Agreed
    In Russian it's called предатель or predatel'

McSkillz, orcrist and Bob Lamm repped this.
  8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    #333 song219, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    I don't think Rapinoe will be 35 by Jan 2021 so Trump doesn't have to worry.
    If she ran for election she would have an equal amount of experience as Trump had during his first run.

9. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is funny how both sides fail to realize how similar they are to each other in behavior. They believe in different things, but many times you can't tell the difference between them when it comes to behavior.

puttputtfc and jnielsen repped this.
  10. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who really cares who insults which President. We just spent 8 years hearing about how the President's office should be respected above all, or how it should be critically examined and publicly called out. Now the seat of power changed and the sides flip flopped their arguments.

11. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    bahahahaha I noticed the address on the post,,,, say no more

12. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Actually, we DIDN'T spend 8 years hearing that. We asked for common decency for another human being, but you must be hallucinating about the other part. Then again, one MUST have been on hallucinogens to vote for the Orange Toddler.

McSkillz, JanBalk, sitruc and 3 others repped this.
  13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    How does this help?

jnielsen repped this.
  14. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Maybe you didn't spend 8 years hearing it. I can start throwing out quotes and evidence, but experience has proven it won't matter so it is a waste of my time. And the odd thing is I voted for Obama.

15. Bob Lamm

Bob Lamm Member

Mar 7, 2016
    New York City
    I'd said I wouldn't post again on this thread, but since the same argument has gone on and on... here's a bit of information. For those of you who don't live in or near New York--and may not have been able to see lots of coverage--the tickertape parade today honoring the U.S. team attracted an overwhelming crowd. The ceremony where the players and coaches were given keys to New York City was joyous and moving.

The last speaker was Megan Rapinoe. Her wonderful remarks run for the first six and 1/2 minutes of this video. Rapinoe was received with incredible love throughout the parade and at the ceremony by so many girls and women, by young and old, by New Yorkers, by people who'd come from nearby states, and by some who told reporters they'd flown in from far away just to be at the parade and/or ceremony. Find whatever videos you can.

16. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    #341 BrooklynSoccer, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019

Sorry, I'm not sure how I missed this response directed at me.
    I have no idea what your first sentence means. Who's not supporting what cause and what delivery?

Then you say, " I really don't have a problem with Rapinoe's stance on homosexuality."

hmm..

Rapinoe doesn't have a "stance" on homosexuality. Being gay isn't something you decide to take a stand on. Did you mistype and mean "her stance on homosexual equality?" In that case, do you mean that you don't really care that she is fighting for Americans to have equal rights?

Cannons, LevskiSofia and MRAD12 liked your post, so perhaps they can also chime in on what resonated about this post. First, you think this is Megan being "self absorbed" by discussing equality? While this may not effect you 4 personally, it does affect many people in this country.

If you are offended by someone taking a knee for equality BUT not upset that some American's, including Rapinoe, aren't actually equal in this country then that says a lot more about you, than Rapinoe and I can't help that.

sitruc, orcrist and McSkillz repped this.
  17. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rep this post twice if I could. Brava.

18. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #343 Dfwsoccer01, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Honestly, I don’t see that Rapinoe has opened anyone’s eyes to anything with her spectacles. The same group of people who have supported what she stands for, will continue to (regardless of who it is speaking). The people who don’t believe in her message, or anyone else with the same message, still don’t And the people who are always on the fence, simply don’t care, or don’t mix topics like this within sports, they just want her to stop talking and play soccer.

And just to clarify, I associate the equal pay separate from Rapinoe and her unity message. I find financial piece very important and obviously something that needs to be at the forefront of US women’s soccer, but I believe Hope Solo actually started this campaign and there are many others besides Rapinoe involved.