AllWright AllWright AllWright : Haji moving to the Coventry

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Dec 17, 2013.

1. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    So from what I have gathered here is that Haji is so bad that not even BS slagging him off is enough for him to a get a goal. That is pretty BAD.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  2. Is he the second(?) YA to help a Dutch Eredivisie club relegate in two secutive seasons?

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Life is hard. You can't buy happiness no matter what you do. Can't get to heaven on a roller-skate. Can't take a taxi cab to Timbuktu...

Some day we'll love you... If you just post hard enough...

superdave repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yes, EPB helped Breda get to where they are.

5. Not a good rating this time:
    Heracles – VVV 6-1
    [​IMG]
    Cyriel Dessers. © BSR Agency
    Heracles: Blaswich 6; Bakboord 6, Pröpper 7 (80. Van den Buijs -), Knoester 7, Czyborra 7; Merkel 7, Mauro Júnior 7 (86. Bijleveld -), Kiomourtzoglou 6,5 (46. Jakubiak 6,5); Van der Water 7,5, Dessers 8, Dos Santos 7.
    VVV: Kirschbaum 5; Pachonik 4, Schäfer 4, Röseler 4,5 (54. Van Bruggen 5), Janssen 4; Neudecker 4, Post 4,5, Van Ooijen 4,5; Wright 4,5, Soriano 5,5, (67. Opoku -), Yeboah 4 (66. Dekker -).

Scheidsrechter Kamphuis: 6

taylor repped this.
  6. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey man, don't forget Sarge!

7. Voetbal International rating: 3.5

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. AD Sportwereld rating matchday 14:
    VVV – FC Twente 2-1
    FC Twente: Drommel 7; Latibeaudiere 5 (81. Berggreen -), Busquets 6, Schenk 5, Verdonk 5; Roemeratoe 4, Selahi 5.5, Espinosa 5 (58’ Aburjania 5); Aitor 5, Vuckic 5,5, Nakamura 5,5 (64. Menig -).
    VVV: Kirschbaum 6; Pachonik 6 (74’ Dekker), Schäfer 5,5 Kum 6; Janssen 6, Opoku 6 (84. Sinclair -), Post 6, Linthorst 6; Wright 6, Soriano 6 (88. Yeboah -), Van Ooijen 6.
    Scheidsrechter Van der Eijk: 6

10. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    It was on ESPN+ and I got the end of it. Wright looked sharper than I’d seen him before, his hold up play was solid and his time wasting was on point.

Gacm32 and taylor repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    This is a huge win for VVV, bringing them within striking distance of momentary safety. Sadly they have AZ next week - who have scored I think 13(!?) in their last 4 games...

12. Also it's important to notice they're not leaking goals too. They only have 8 goals scored against and of those 8 they swallowed 4 in one match, against Heerenveen.
    So apart from that one outlier they only had 4 goals against in 13 matches. That's an impressive number of clean sheets.

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, they are on fire since meeting their match against the mighty Frysk!

It's too bad VVV have to follow up this nice win with a red-hot AZ. (Be better if they could play at stumbling team. Maybe one from a city further south... )

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  14. Well, safety from relegation is gained by winning from your competitors, not the top clubs. So a loss against AZ isnot going to be decisive, as most of the fellow relegation fighters are unlikely to beat AZ.

15. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    1199110041795801089 is not a valid tweet id

16. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    AZ is just gravy. VVV's following two games are relegation six-pointers with Emmen and Zwolle. Get 3-4 points out of those and they could actually exhale.

Sufjan Guzan repped this.
  17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Haji already has 900 minutes in Eredivisie games this year. He's getting the needed starts and minutes to improve. If he's going to become a non-relegation Eredivisie-level striker/wing, this is the year.

superdave repped this.
  18. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I've mentioned, there is very little chance VVV keep Haji beyond this contract. I am not sure when Schalke stop subsidizing but my guess is after this season but maybe it's next season.

Unless he scores in droves, he's not going to get another Eredivisie team to take him since he doesn't have an EU passport.

So where does he go.. that's the question for him.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Haji could benefit from the Almost Assist stat.

20. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this earlier but I wouldn't expect counting stats from Haji this season. I would just want him to remain a starter and contribute to the team's good moments. His next team is going to have to look at the tape and make most of their decisions from that.

Winoman repped this.
  21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Wasn't implying he's in the long-term plans, just that he's getting good minutes and the opportunities we'd hope for him to get.

22. VI rating VVV-Twente: Wright 7.

Tom Collingsworth, Winoman and Gacm32 repped this.
  23. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Are there any salary requirements or passport issues in Belgium? I don't remember any so if that's true, a mid-tier team over there might be an excellent spot to land if he doesn't stay at VVV.

24. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    As I stated from past posts, hes a bear in hibernation. he needs good solid minutes and games for a year.

with Schalke, outside of 200 or so Bundesliga minutes, most of his minutes came vs part-time Cooks and store clerks. No Challenge.

25. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You're forgetting the season spent on loan at Sandhausen in BL2, which is a rather challenging level.

Mind you, it's not surprising that you've forgotten about that. He was useless for the entire season.