Dominican Soccer

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by G5ive, Jun 13, 2009.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    well read this and judge for yourself

http://www.diariolibre.com/futbol/2...nuncia-torneo-nacional-con-578-jugadores.html

You might think ''great'', a youth championship with 578 players born in 2000 and 2001 but allow me to tell you the truth. (I know it because my son participated). He only played two games, vs Stgo and vs Moca because Salcedo did not show up. Futbol 7 vs 7 on half a field. Two times of 25 minutes. Lots of boys had altered birth certificates (I had never seen so many 13 and 14 years olds that were like 5ft 10 with 170 pounds). From each group of 4 provinces only 1 advanced to the quarterfinals. That way DR is going to make it to the WC 2022 ? I don't so.

Makandal repped this.
  2. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there is going to be a friendly against the Cayman Islands on May 13th.

Unofficial list of call ups: http://www.balompiedominicano.com/2015/05/convocados-para-la-seleccion-amistoso.html

Just players from the LDF. Honestly a perplexing list if this is final. Still no Fana and now no Domingo Peralta or Barmettler. Yet somehow Wellington Aragamonte, who has started on the NT, made it. And while he does have experience he hasn't played all that much sitting behind Alexander Rodriguez, who was also called up.

Honestly I'm not sure what Cheche's plan is, but these first two squads he has assembled have been disappointing. How is there going to be any cohesion built up when you aren't always calling up your best players. Where are Edipo, Lombardi, and Lugo all who were arguably the best performers against Cuba. You don't even have the player who captained the team the last time it played... some real head scratching stuff going on right now.

Makandal and brentgoulet repped this.
  3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    I believe he is injured, because I did not see him play vs Ptopta last saturday

MLSn00b repped this.
  4. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    LOL! It's eerily similar to what is happening on the other side of the border, in term of big talk of moving futbol in the country forward with professionalism, new league, fields and whatnot but it's out of whack.

brentgoulet repped this.
  5. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Prezidan yo pale anpil kaka :mad:, they ain't foolin' me, I grew up in Europe, I have seen how soccer should be

6. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fana said hello to Cheche and scored a hattrick today. Still no official release on who's getting called up for the friendly, so this at least puts more pressure on Cheche for a last minute change.

Paul Calixte and brentgoulet repped this.
  7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  8. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  9. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makandal, MLSn00b and brentgoulet repped this.
  10. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's still with the MNT. He was at the press conference to make the roster for the upcoming match against the Cayman Islands. Just wonder if there may be at least some truth to that article. I wouldn't be surprised if he really did feel like there was a major lack of organization and if he weren't getting his full pay. The federation is only really organized when it comes to politicking.

Story about the press conference
    http://www.balompiedominicano.com/2015/05/seleccion-de-rd-sostendra-amistoso.html

brentgoulet repped this.
  11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    MLSn00b repped this.
  12. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  13. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheche is made his resignation from the NT official today. Says that it is due to "personal reasons" and pretty much said that the rumors that had arisen were not true. Also left the door open for a return to the NT.

14. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Well, he should make up his mind becoz a few days ago he was saying something very different :p

“Decidí desvincularme de la Selección de República Dominicana”, dijo Cheché Hernández al programa radial De Taquito en Colombia.

“Me deben aún unos dineros en Republica Dominicana y espero me solucionen”, agregó

https://www.vicbaez.com/reporte-renuncia-jose-cheche-hernandez-como-dt-seleccion-de-futbol/

15. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Dionisio Soldevila @dSoldevila · 19 hHace 19 horas
    En Colombia dijeron que Cheche Hdez se iba de seleccion RD por desorden y falta de cumplimiento. Hoy lo pusieron a decir lo contrario en RD

Dionisio Soldevila @dSoldevila · 15 hHace 15 horas
    Según fuente, los "problemas personales" de Cheché Hernández son que le prometieron US$15 mil mensuales y le saltaron con 2 mil...

Dionisio Soldevila @dSoldevila · 11 hHace 11 horas
    Cheché Hernández dice en entrevista con radio colombiana que nunca le pagaron en 3-4 meses. Trata de agilizar un pago mínimo para irse

16. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to know the FEDOFUTBOL dog and pony show is still alive and well. Of course they could always say that Cheche was getting paid 15K before the Osiris Pocketing Tax. And if Cheche was made to lie during his resignation press conference, one has to wonder what else Osiris and friends were controlling in terms of his managing of the national team.

brentgoulet repped this.
  17. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osiris has to watch where he steps in this case...Zimbabwe already got kicked out of the 2018 World Cup for failing to pay a former coach.

MLSn00b and brentgoulet repped this.
  18. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    [​IMG]

MLSn00b repped this.
  19. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    LOL! Voy a dejar esto en paz. Al menos no han escrito Isla Hispaniola como se dicen aqui en EE.UU.

Paul Calixte and brentgoulet repped this.
  20. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    The other day I saw this picture on the LDF facebook page poking some fun regarding the success of the league so far. I thought it was clever cartoon.

[​IMG]

brentgoulet repped this.
  21. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Congrats Macandal, tu entiende el pulo dominicano :thumbsup:

Makandal repped this.
  22. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Il Capo di tutti capi Blatter had arranged a very nice hotel room for his special friend Osiris

[​IMG]

MetroChile repped this.
  23. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Osiris is losing his sugardaddy [​IMG]

MLSn00b repped this.