Does Brazil Need To Replace Mano Menezes?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Daniel96, Feb 28, 2012.

1. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    funny thing is pep guardiola would have them playing just the way everybody in brasil wants but then it would not be good enough because it took a foreigner to make them play like that and is a pride thing brasilians want to show they are the best especially now since spain is getting so much dick sucking. Which i understand i want to see brasil back on top and show the world that the beautiful game was invented in brasil not spain.

[]__[]

2. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Spain/Barcelona "Tiki Taka" and Brazil "Jogo Bonito" are two different style of futbol. The Brazil fans probably still wouldn't be happy with Pep.

3. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    it's not a brazilian thing, none of the major national squads hire foreign coaches (England and Portugal don't count as "major").

4. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it has anything to do with major or minor. What it is is the simple fact that Brazil has won the cup 5 times and there is no country big enough to supply Brazil with coaches. Maybe Italy or Germany but, Italy has problems itself and Germany does not have a world class coach available to export. Spain is a fad while Brazil has been relevant for decades. The Spanish fad will pass but, Brazil will still be around and will always be a contender to win the world cup. In the end if Brazilian coaches are no longer good they should be sent for retraining because there is no coach who can handle the pressure or has a country with Brazil's record to supply it with Coaches.

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tiki Taka with brasilian talent would be ten times more successful then the current barcelona team.

[]__[]

6. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Spain and Barcelona systems are similar on the surface (ball retention), but very different under the hood. Spain doesn't play as aggressively as Barcelona. They don't have the South American energy in the forms of Lionel Messi, Dani Alves and now Alexis Sanchez. ;)

Xavi often plays a completely different role for Spain than he does for Barcelona because of Del Bosque's insistence on playing Xabi Alonso with Busquets. Alonso is redundant next to Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta. I've always thought Alonso should back up Xavi, so that two of David Silva-Juan Mata-Cesc Fabregas can always start further forward with a striker (or all three without one).

Barcelona often has no designated striker, but Spain always have a center forward in the side. This summer, Soldado and Llorente will be the main two along with Villa if he recovers in time.

Physically, Brazil can play a possession based game if they manage to get their attacking players up to par. I think it is fair to say Brazil's had fitness issues with its attacking players over the years, and this hurts Brazil in the modern game especially with the emphasis on conditioning in forwards now.

Brazil has defenders and fullbacks (as always) ready to play in this manner, but players like Neymar and Ganso must make serious physical progression and not be as frail as their predecessors.

7. Mesousa

Mesousa Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think he should be given to after the olympics.