Does Brazil Need To Replace Mano Menezes?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Daniel96, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do you think Mano Menezes will be replaced as the Brazil Coach/Manager before 2014 World Cup.
    If so who do you reckon will replace him.

Is Mano the reason why Brazil are playing poor, or is it the lack of class player.

2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yes. And hire an outsider with no ties to anyone.

Wait til Mourinho wins La Liga and the CL this year, then hire him. :D

3. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do you think that can happen, Jose Mourinho managing Brazil?
    Just say if that does happen do you think Brazil will win 2014 World Cup?

But Barcelona will win La Liga and Champions League this year :)

4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    If the CBF put winning above all else, I think they should hire from the outside. The brasileiros orgulhosos on here will undoubtably disagree with with me, but thats just my meaningless opinion.

As far as Mourinho, he will stay at Madrid until he wins both championships, which very well could be this year. And he is so egotistical, I could definately see him wanting a WC trophy. Unless he decides to go to PSG and win yet another CL in another country. But IMO, he'd be perfect for Brasil if this very unlikely perfect storm happened to form.

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    there needs to be some continuity going towards the world cup so if he is going to be replaced it needs to happen right now i would love for the selecao to hire marcelo bielsa he is the right guy for the job and i love how he uses 3-3-1-3 as his base formation.. i just doubt the brasilian federation will hire an argentine because of the rivalry

6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    If we ever decided to go for a Euro coach; Mourinho or Hiddink would get my vote.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Call me crazy, but Felipão is STILL the best choice as a Brazilian. He had a proven track record that the players must respect. He doesn't have patience for petty games and he is good enough tactical to get it done with what we have. Last year at Palmeiras, he had one of the worst squads out of the big 12 Brazilian clubs. The two biggest stars on the team, Valdivia and Kléber, hardly played due to injury or indiscipline.

Mano lacks pretty much all of the traits above. He lets his star players do as they please and lacks a strong background. At least Dunga commanded respect for his accomplishments as a player.

8. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just get your coaches retrained. Brazil would be a very hard team for a non Brazilian to coach because expectations are very high. For example all of you are down right now even though you won. The pressure of the job would be too much for most coaches.

9. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We will see what changes Mano makes for the next 2 friendlies which are in the same month.
    I want to see improvements.

Australian Time
    25/5/2012 - Brazil vs Denmark
    30/5/2012 - Brazil vs United States

10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Yes, they do (in answer to the question in the title)

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Brazilian Time
    26/5/2012 - Brazil vs Denmark
    31/5/2012 - Brazil vs United States

- bloody Australian time! Who is this kid? He will be moderator next week.........!

12. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    mmm Mourinho? a big naaaaaah for Brazil NT. This lad never had a clue how to build a team with good possession and atttacking build up (samba style)

Hiddink ... a big yess ... but I'd like to try the home made Zico

13. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    It would have been nice to see Leanardo being apponted as the NT coach instead of Mano in the first place.Now that he's a PSG sporting Director it won't happen in the near future.
    Leanardo did wonders with a very average Milan team.He made lazy Ronaldinho run and play again.Ronaldinho's last impressive season was when Leanardo was in charge of Milan. What Leanardo did for Inter during the 6 months he was in charge was very impressive.He was the only coach who really did well for Inter after Mourinho's departure. Experienced coaches like Benitez and Ranieri could not do what Leanardo did .

Marcelo Bielsa is another coach who can do wonders.But being a non brazilian and that too an Argentinian makes it a wild dream.

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    People, dont' even bring up the possibility of a foreigner. No ********ing way. That will NEVER EVER happen, thank God.

I'm for Murici, Felipao, Zico, Leonardo, and perhaps Leao.

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    TOTALLY AGREE

Note: Leao and Zico would not take it with Teixeira there - he shafted Leao in 2001 re the FIFA Confederations Cup

16. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Zico, or Felipao are the only two saving graces.....

To answer the question, Mano needs to be sacked ASAP.

17. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The sad thing is that the last 1,5 year just been a big waste.

It was a great time to build the team for 2014 but we still can't see anything positive.

So even if he gets sacked now or anytime soon it will be very difficult to build a strong team for the world cup.

18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I remember we having a thread like this for Dunga and Felipao and Zico name was brought up as well. :D Like Dunga situations, it going to take some kind of disaster for Mano to lose the job. Plus he has been undefeated since the Germany game.

19. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Zico is probably getting paid quite handsomely to revive Iraq. I doubt he goes.

I can see Felipao leaving after the Paulista to be quite honest. This stint of his with Palmeiras has been nothing short of tumultuous.

20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have to second that.

21. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    so you wouldnt want pep guardiola coaching the brasil national team

[]__[]

22. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Non brasilians should stay away from Brasil. This is a personal affair.

23. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

24. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Well, I am not one - and I have no intention of staying away! But yes, ******** to a foreign manager.

25. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I don't mind a foreign manager but it would never happen.