Does anyone have the Definitionskatalog Offizielle Spieldaten?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by mace, Jan 18, 2018.

1. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi,

I‘ve been getting into some stat taking based on game films and things are more complicated than they seem at first glance. For one, just defining what is what proved to be a challenge. After some googling, I see that I am not the only one who struggles with it. In fact, the German League (Deutsche Fußball Liga) has published a 64 page document which defines all aspects of the game actions (I think this is used by OPTA or Detre or whoever does all the record keeping for them). The document seems somewhat difficult to obtain, so I thought I’d ask the good folks here .

So.... does anyone here have a pdf copy? The document is titled, in German of course, “Definitionskatalog Offizielle Spieldaten” I would love to have a look.

Alternately, what do you guys use as a guide for what defines what? For example, when a player one touches a ball to pass is that counted as an actual pass? What if the player was under pressure from a bad pass, and the subsequent one touch does not reach the target.. is that considered a bad pass? What if the pass hits a defender and goes out of bounds? Is that a good pass because possesion was maintained or bad because the target was not reached? All these little things go on and on....