Do you miss Previous Italian Players?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Recently I have been thinking of how much I miss these players:

Francesco Totti
    Luca Toni
    Fabio Cannavaro
    Fabio Grosso
    Marco Materazzi
    Zambrotta

Do you also miss any of these players? I wish at least Totti and Toni could come back. They were really good attackers together and Totti in my opinion outclassed Messi.

2. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I miss Zambrotta and Totti dearly! I miss Francesco's vision and creativity, that he would invent the craziest and unusual way to send a ball through to a teammate. I miss Gianluca's work down the wings, he had an ability to beat his man and had great crosses into the middle of the pitch. He also was able to be as great as he was defensively as offensively as well

3. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Of course I miss a lot of them. Panucci is one missing from your list. I took him for granted when watching him play but there was something special about him and he added a piece of grit to every team. Something that's missing from Italy now.

4. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Miccoli

Scorp redded repped this.
  5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which world cup did Panucci play in again? It wasn't 2006 right? I remember him but forget which world cup he played in.

6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah they were great players. Totti had a bit of magic in him, I felt that he was able to think ahead of what was going to happen and he knew good solutions to many problems the other team was creating. I felt Pirlo, Totti, and Toni worked great together.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you wanna go old school then you need to name better names :D

to me its more sad that during italy's golden generation 1990 - 2006 the coaches didnt play more offensive and basically didnt live up to the expectations of the players available

8. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Verratti is better then all of these guys combined.

9. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Deand21594 repped this.
  10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are you kidding?

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well those are the people that won the world cup in 2006.

12. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hell yeah I'm serious. Best 3cm backwards and sidewards passer in the game today.

13. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No, I miss no one. The past is the past. Worry more about the present and the future. With good coaching and a united team, Italy can win the Euro.

14. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I also miss Gattuso. He was passionate and ferocious, a fire always burned inside him. I also miss Nesta, he was so elegant in his defending I am yet to see a player like him since. And of course I miss Maldini, my favourite player of all time. The captain of my Azzurri forever in my own reality and heart

Nek Sanalet repped this.
  15. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nesta and Maldini are the reasons I became a Milan fan when I was younger.

16. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I miss Balotelli :/

whill4 and Daei_10 repped this.
  17. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's rashilist!

18. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree in part, though I think we always lacked something in midfield. A good all-round box-2-box midfielder and that team would've won 4-5 big titles in a row. The defense and attack stocks were incredible.

Daei_10 repped this.
  19. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    #19 mikeyjames, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    the little pitbull gattuso. that guy would put you on your @SS if you tried fancy moves when he he was anywhere near you.. players would see him coming and do this....

[​IMG]

that guys was a no nonsense player.

#Legend!!!!

20. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's sad how no prospects are like Gattuso in character and style. That toughness is missing from the squad. Florenzi has some of those qualities but the pieces just haven't been all put together..

Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini, prime Buffon, Zambrotta, prime Totti, Del Piero, Vieri...

Deleted User x and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    According to Tottifan, we have one now... He's just injured.

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, but he isn't as famous. I believe he is probably just not at his prime yet.

totti fan repped this.
  23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He peaked years ago at Fiorentina. A promising youngster who looked like the real deal was his best..

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #24 Calcio Pauly, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Yeah well, he will tell you that if Montolivo wasn't injured during the world cup, we could have won. I'm not sure Montolivo world have had that sort of effect. Im not sure he's that World Class, if at all. Sure he hit that one long ball vs Germany that buried them in 2012, but is that enough? What say you? He's also already 29. Hey I'd love to be wrong and see him become another Pirlo or something. I just don't see it happening and especially now after a bad injury. I just can't agree that he ever was really World Class. Some fans remember select moments and it makes an impact on their mind, I suppose.

25. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Amazing that we couldn't win any titles from 90-2006. Not until we got a competent midfield did we win in 06--even though most of the champions (besides Buffon/Canna) were passed their prime.