Do you believe there was a conspiracy against Italy at the 2002 World Cup?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by HomokHarcos, May 7, 2015.

1. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After watching this video, I'm beginning to wonder if it was coincidental that these goals were all disallowed, or if Italy was really wanted out of the World Cup.

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not really to get italy out, just to help asian football and a host nation along. Do some research on the ref, he is a straight as a roundabout. Watch recent favours Ghana got to get out of 2010 groups once it became clear every other African team were failing.

Look at the brown envelopes for Russia and Bahrain. Fifa are corupt, back then maybe people didn't want to believe it so but its not even a debate anymore in my eyes.

3. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There's only so much a bought ref can do. A team like Italy should've suspected the fix might be in and steel themselves to overcome the possibility... instead of letting the frustration get to them.

From what I remember though, on paper it was a brilliant team but no real midfield. Also Vieri choked? in front of goal and there you go.

totti fan and Sal repped this.
  4. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I blame Di Livio

5. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Most fixed World Cup ever

el napulitan and OnTheWayOfDamascus repped this.
  6. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's just say you don't let a 3rd world country referee officiate an important game like that.
    FIFA knew what they were doing.

el napulitan repped this.
  7. OnTheWayOfDamascus

Oct 26, 2010
    Andiamo avanti...Andiamo avanti...

8. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The whole tournament was a joke. Spain was robbed even worse than Italy. It was evident the fix was in so South Korea would keep advancing.

Parcae repped this.
  9. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have no sympathy for Spain being robbed. Their players have been doped to stardom over the last 8 years

10. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    of course it wasnt coincidental, no surprise is that the very 1st game korea didnt have a dodgy favour they got kicked out. moreno was a dodgy kunt. kust go look at his history

11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed for sure BUT that Italy team was stacked and should've kicked Korea's ass.

12. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    trapatoni was a huge disaster, it says something when you're still seen as a disaster after having 5 legit goals disallowed

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Byron Moreno is now out of jail.....

16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wonder where he is. I'd love to buy him an all expenses paid vacation to Sicily. They'd find his body floating out by Malta by the next world cup

Barilla and totti fan repped this.
  17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sepp Blatter did back us up though on the 5 goals.

18. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    sepp blatters a ********wit and a cuorrupt ********. Who cares if he backed us up. Do something about it.

19. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    To be honest I don't think there was a conspiracy. Very unlucky obviously. A lot of the calls were close and not clear cut. Vieri's first goal vs Croatia was the worst call, a goal for sure. Inzaghi was shirt pulling the croat defender for what could have been the 2-2 equaliser although his shirt was also being pulled. Against Mexico the first goal should have stood, Montella's goal I think was just offside. Against Korea Tomassi was very close to being offside, maybe just on. The keeper stopped anyway no guarantee he would have scored but he was in the box seat. The send off, second yellow on Totti was bullshit imo.

We've had a lot of calls go against us since I've been watching, and some go our way.

1994 - Zola send off vs Nigeria, absolute nonsense.

Spain, Tassotti elbowing Enrique in the box should have been a red card and penalty. I think Baggio was offside too where he scored the winning goal for us.

1998 - vs Chile, ball to hand not hand to ball. Got an equalizer vs in the 85th which Baggio converted. No penalty there, lucky.

2000 - I think it was Di Livio at the death vs Turkey in our first game at euro's, he was onside.

vs Romania, Inzaghi I think had a goal ruled out where it would have been 3-0.

Final vs France, Desailly elbowing Canna should have been red.

2006 - red card vs Australia Materazzi??? Grosso's penalty??? I thought it was a red, and was a penalty.

Final vs France Toni was onside we had a goal ruled out. Malouda dived as well to get their penalty.

2008 vs Romania - Toni perfectly legit goal wrongly ruled out for offside again.

2010 world cup - di natale or Quagilarella has a goal chalked off at the end. Nonsense. Would have put us through to the next stage.

2012 - goal ruled out when cassano rolled it into an empty net. Wasn't offside.

one of our guys was onside too when we scored a third vs germany

Germany's penalty was rubbish also. Ball to hand.

2014 - quite possibly could have had a penalty go against us vs England.

totti fan and Rosay repped this.
  20. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'll also add the 2008 euro qualifers. Vs France they score an offside goal barely a minute into the game where it could have been Henry gathered the ball, maybe passed to Sagnol and Givout finished. We go 2-0 down, get one goal back and should have had a clear penalty as one of our players was held back on the goal line where he would have scored anyway. The ball almost crossed the line too in that bit of play. Instead of 2-2 France score again and we lose 3-1. What about the farce at hampden park in our second last qualifier. That could have cost us a place at euro. Toni scores almost a minute in, Di Natale surprise surprise has a goal wrongly ruled out for offside which would have made it 2-0 then Furguson scores a goal for the scots levelling it when he was actually offside. Ridiculous. How can this shit repeat?

In the Scotland game Pannucci scored the winner from a foul that should have gone the other way. He scored from a header. Must admit that was wrong. Don't know how people could say Scotland was robbed as it was injury time and all we needed was a draw. Highly unlikely they would have scored in that time. Possible, but highly unlikely. They were talking as if they would. In any case, it should have been 2-0 and game over.

21. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I don't think that there was a direct conspiracy against Italy. The main issue was that all opponents of South Korea should be removed from the competition. Just from my memory I can create several important moments:
    - South Korea - Portugal (red card of Joao Pinto, very strange match).
    - South Korea - Italy (everything was bad in this game, even ex-Perugia player Ang Jung Hwan was removed from the club in the same evening, because he scored against Italy in 117th minute).
    - Italy - Croatia (referees wanted to remove Italy in the group stage, because we all knew that we could see potential knock out stage between Italy and South Korea. They have thought that Croatia could be easier opponent against South Korea than Italy.
    - South Korea - Spain (also some key errors, alleged out of Joaquin and clean goal after that, false decision).

Logical conclusion seems obvious here, South Korea needed to go through entire tournament, opponents were not important. Basically all Korean opponents were damaged, I also think that there was one penalty against USA or Poland, not sure anymore.

22. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that South Korea definitely didn't deserve to beat Italy or Spain, but I believe Joao Pinto's red card was justified.

23. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #23 Pietro Calcio, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    the guy that runs that channel is some dillusional south korean on a crusade trying to legitimize south korea because of all the talk out there by the majority of people saying south korea didn't deserve to go that far and they bribed refs to do so. So he created that channel in the vain attempt to try and persuade what the majority of people already believe going by the evidence and common sense. He also created it to contradict the many other videos on youtube that show and prove otherwise....his videos are a joke much like his channel...WC2002Truth....gimme a F7cking break dude....no one is buying it...no matter how many videos you post and how hard you try

South Korea deserved NOTHING that WC..... and their previous and post record illustrates that point even further

24. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said that South Korea didn't deserve to make to make the semifinals, it's just that I don't get why people think Joao Pinto's red card was the wrong decision. I know there were several wrong decisions that tournament, but again, Joao Pinto's red card was not. If not, explain how that tackle did not warrant a red card.

25. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #25 Pietro Calcio, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    you say they deserved to make the semis....but the majority says they didn't deserve to make the KO rounds really....look at their WC record....before and after that....how in that WC ( they hosted) did they magically end up in the semis with an abysmal record?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea_national_football_team

that red card wasn't wrong...but there were other things that happened during that game against portugal overall that favored korea more than portugal....going by memory Pinto was sent off in the 27th min of a pivotal game. So they were down to 10 men already and then by 66th min Beto got a 2nd yellow and they were down to 9...South Korea still had 11 until the end of the match...IMO that match was rigged too...

the whole tournament really south korea had many more calls go their way than against them.....very few went against them

Look up Byron Moreno...the guy that was the Ref for the Italy-South Korea game. What the hell was he doing officiating such an important game? I believe even before that WC he did shady things and was an official from some 3rd world country. He shouldn't have been there....who put him there? better yet...who made sure he was put there?

After the Spain game the dots were all added up and it was obvious the tournament was " tainted"

South Korea "had" to get to the semi's at least

make sure to read the whole page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Moreno