Do you believe El Salvador can win against Panama?

Discussion in 'Central America' started by jagum, Apr 21, 2008.

1. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I do believe, especially because the last match will be played in San Salvador in a full stadium..

Other interesting upset would be Puerto Rico against Honduras... everething can happen..

good luck !:)

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah i do, i think with a lot of dedication which right now our players are mentally doing real well. I think Panama is thinking it's going to be real easy, and i doubt it. I mean trust me i'm not going to sit here and predict that were going to win. BUT i do think we have a hell of a shot. We have history on our side. If we win our next few amistosos EL Cusca will be packed! I think it will be hard for Panama to beat us there.

3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    ES have built up alot of confidence in their game as of late. Kevin is right, Panama definately wont just sit down and take a beating, but the way i've seen ES play lately it'll be a hard fought series which ES could win.

4. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    el salvador can beat anybody in concacaf. im no saying it will be easy but i tell you why we could beat anybody.

1. Honduras is no France
    2. Costa Rica is no Brazil
    3. The US is no Italy
    4. Mexico is beatle outside the Azteca
    5. Panama is been good since what? 5 years?

Cheyo Quintanilla is getting a lot better in costa rica. A lot of our boys are coming to the US to 2nd division, eventually theyll move up to MLS, and ES is already looking for more talented players in the US with Salvadoran parents.

But the most important. History, we were always next to Honduras and Costa Rica... we may be in a big hole right now but we still have that superiority complex, sh... when I was a kid, Honduras and Costa Rica were our hijos :cool:

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I think this will be a close series , but the last results vrs Anguilla are clouding the actual strength compare to other more established countries in the Concacaf.

this talk of History will be your downfall, the present needs to be ES focus..

make the history, don't think it will be what gets you to the next round.

6. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

history can be a huge fact my friend.

i went to the gold cup games knowing that my country and my azul y blanco prob has the worse team ever in the history of el salvador, we beat a team that was supposed to be "superior" idk since when.

then we played a guatemala with mls megastar pescadito ruiz, if you went to the stadium, you could see that "superior" guatemala winning out of a lonely goal, suffering at the end vrs mostly young only salvadoran leuage players....

im not going to talk about the game vrs the usa since we were missing our best players plus the starting keeper, half of the team was gone when the US had this amazing talent from EPL :D

at the end, getting out of el cuzcatlan would be tough for panama, about 40,000 hardcore people is going to go insane, cheyo can take the Cienfuegos role, never the magico one...

Panama better put at least 3 goals way in the first round, if not, you could see this young squad remembering some good old days with some of the best soccer in central america.

like my grandpa would say.

"un indio enganchado es bruto." :cool:

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La historia se debe respetar pero ya no pesa. :)
    Eso de la historia dejenlo ahi no mas.

Metro

8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Cabal, pero creo que va ser una serie muy, muy competitiva. Ojala que al final el azul y blanco salga como el mejor.

9. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    you can change the future, but you cant change history ; )

10. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    always hilarious...:D salvadorans with the napoleonic complex (in football)
    not trying to put anyone down but i really do think that panama will own...

11. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    honduras is no france because since nothing is impossible we could possibly beat them, its not too far-fetched

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think El Salvador could scrape a win at home but I don't think they stand much of a chance in Panama, but hey anything can happen.

13. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Probably could happen, it's Football nothing is certain. However, Honduras is always so inconsistant if they were to play well with eachother they could do some damage in the WC. IMO

14. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i think ES can defenitely win but just not in the present situation because they need preparation but in the upcoming days my opinion might change if i see diferences

15. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    yeah and i may change my napoleonic views when honduras make it to its second wc ;)

16. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I can see El Salvador grabbing a tie in Panama at least. But it is going to be hard. If you manage to do that, then having the crowd behind your back on th return leg will almost guarantee your passage.

17. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    El Salvador's chances have just increased because Felipe Baloy will miss the 1st leg and is doubtful for the 2nd leg after getting hurt during the Mexican semifinals.

18. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    what the ******** are you talking about? do you even know what the napoleonic complex is?

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    totally dude bcuz every time El SAL. has gone to the WC they do so much damage;).....anyways yes i think salva can beat panama.

20. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Lol, i like how you diss us but than you believe in us. Gotta love that Central American brotherly love. :rolleyes: jajjajaaj.

21. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    It is not like Honduras has exactly done anything in the World Cup, either.

El Salvador will need to park the bus vs Panama. And from what I hear, one of their most important players got injured in the MFL semifinal so your chances went up.

22. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    yeah yeah... damage or not we've been there twice.

as far as panama, i dont think its been that long when we used to go there and school them panamenos.

it will be a tough one, ill put my money on la selecta though, when it comes to the real deal, El Salvador gets big.

23. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Definately not as of late. Seriously bro, in 98 we got big, and then got real little quick.

24. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Funny that you won't talk about the game where you got waxed 4-0 and it really should have been 7 or 8 to nil ;) Could El Salvador advance over Panama? It's possible, but not likely. You have national team players that are in the US 3rd division. I watch your league on Goltv sometimes. No one really impresses me. No one really seems like they could make an impact in Mexico or MLS. Where is your next Magico?

25. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Our next magico lies in FESA. Many of those kids could become world class players, many of the FESA kids have alot of experience in Europe already. Theres some Salvadoran that would make a impact in the MLS..... Alfredo Pacheco, Shawn Martin, JJ Gomez, Eliseo Quintanilla would make a impact. Salvadorans have been the best country to contribute to the MLS ever, i have hope that our young players will overcome the obstacles and one day play in Europe ...the boys in Sevilla, Cadiz, and River Plate will hopefully continue to grow.