Do you agree to invite Israel back to AFC?

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by +PL+, Oct 31, 2015.

?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. No, maybe later

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

2. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Yes im sure everyone would welcome them with open arms

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I wouldn't mind having Turkey in our confederation...

MVP#3 and +PL+ repped this.
  4. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    Why would they leave UEFA for AFC? With that they'd be giving up exposure to European teams and the opportunity to play against world class opposition. Plus, even if something did possess them to join this confederation, the controversy level would be off the charts, I mean, KSA's NT doesn't even want to fly over Israel, let alone go to Jerusalem to play a qualification match away.

edrees and mdhm repped this.
  5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #5 +PL+, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Getting qualified much much easier for u16, u21, and senior world cups, and Olympics will be a great incentive for them. Australia is using this advantage now. Our Arab brothers need to work harder as well which adds to the overall quality of competition in AFC. This time around we won't let anybody kick them out. We need to invite Kazakhstan, Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan back to our side too.

6. thewitness

thewitness Member

Melbourne Victory, Derby County
    Australia
    Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Australia came to the AFC for greater financial/commercial opportunities and regular competitive games against stronger opposition (including the AFC Champions League). Israel leaving UEFA would be the complete opposite of that, giving up on financial opportunities and reducing the number of competitive opportunities for it's clubs and national teams.

Qualifying teams for all age group WC's for both men and women, except senior men's is now much more difficult for Australia in the AFC then previously when they were in the OFC, where they basically took OFC automatic spot for most tournaments.

7. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Australia is enjoying the benefits, there is no doubt about that. (that is what I wrote)

8. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Whats happening here ? Have they applied ? or is this just an idle attempt to stir up some polarised opinions ? Suspect the latter.

Here's something more relevant (and ultimately more likely) :

Do you agree to invite NEW ZEALAND into the AFC ?
    Yes
    No
    No, maybe later

Valkyrie repped this.
  9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We welcome any good or half decent teams including Israel, Cyprus, New Zealand, Turkey, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Kazakhstan to AFC.

10. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sorry ? Who is "We" ? You are running the AFC now, Mr. +PL+ ??

• teams already in Europe are not going to want to go backwards to the AFC
    • the long term sustainability of OFC, though, is questionable.

Valkyrie repped this.
  11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :D

but for real this :rolleyes:

12. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan will be medium-class teams in Asia

13. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Politically I don't see Israel being "accepted" into the AFC any time soon. Most of Asia wouldn't have a problem, but I can't see Gulf nations accepting the move (or Israel wanting to play them either).

14. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    The Palestine FA was petitioning to get Israel kicked out of FIFA less than six months ago (with a good deal of support within Asia) so I don't think you're posting a serious question but I'll bite anyway...

Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh Korea DPR, Brunei, Bhutan do not have diplomatic relations with Israel.

Throw in Palestine, Jordan, and Maldives (the later two do have relations but public sentiment is at an all-time low) in there and that's 22/46 of Asia's Federations. So I don't think saying "most of Asia wouldn't have a problem" is an accurate response.

It's not like we've reached a breakthrough in resolving the conflict either. If anything, the situation is at an all-time low and until that's resolved in the form of a single bi-national state or two independent states (which is looking increasingly unlikely) this conversation is pretty meaningless.

As other posters have mentioned, no one is going to leave UEFA to join the AFC. UEFA is where the money is and the higher level of competition means teams from "border states" have made a giant leap in quality over the last two decades.

Emperor Adriano repped this.