Dit is mijn club, mijn ideaal. The Ajax thread. ☆☆☆ [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, that's the position he plays for the Mexican NT. In addition to the Gold Cup he was on the Mexico U-23 team that was invited to fill out the field in the recent Copa America in Argentina. He played pretty well down there as well. If he is available at €4M we should pick him up as this is a more than fair price to pay. I think he could slot right in to the right wing with Sulejmani moving back to the left.

2. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I bet you Dos Santos' salary demands are sky-high.

3. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I think de boer wants to play the Ajax philosophy with wingers having chalk under their boots from the sideline like Overmars, Finidi.
    I don't think Dos Santos is that kind of winger, and I don't think he will 'sacrifice' himself to play that way, relatively far away from the goal.

And by that, we have Sulejmani, Özbiliz, Ebecilio, and a youth full with wingers who he'd be blocking.
    A 4 million buy, is at least 6 million, with salary and other things.
    1/10 of the total budget, those days are over in Holland, after the crisis in the league here.
    If he fails you've thrown away 8 million, or more, considering he blocked the breakthrough of youth, in whom are invested big time, since they already play for Ajax since the age of 8-10 most of the time.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe but there don't seem to be many teams lining up for him. It may be that they have to come down otherwise he's picking up pine splinters at Spurs this year.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wouldn't mind to see him here. I always liked to watch his Ronaldinho-esque style.

I think all our current and upcoming wingers are pretty bad. De Sa has some potential but I don't think he's exceptional either. The big prospects are Fischer and Kischna but they are still a few years away from competing for a starting spot in the first team.

€4M for an exceptional talent like Dos Santos is not that expensive I think. Chances are pretty big that you can sell him for more than that if he plays a few games and scores a few goals. Janssen will cost us at least €6M as well, and he's a write-off.

Still prefer Narsingh though.

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    We're linked with Jasper Cillessen. :D

He's a couple of years younger than Vermeer and a couple of inches taller. Already been called up for Oranje, but didn't play. Although it's probably best for his career to stay at NEC, as an Ajax fan I'm greedy enough to love having him around should Kenneth be injured or having a slump.

Will be a lot cheaper than Vorm (who is basicly Vermeer II) and is considerably more talented.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Lovely triangles. I jizzed myself making this.

8. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ahh thank you for that lovely image JC. But seriously, yes please on the formation.

9. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Both the formation and the line-up in perfect balance. I cannot understand how anyone could think the popular modern version of 4-2-3-1 is superior. There is seriously lack of triangles, lack of backup due to players standing in line with each other, the wingers got too much space to defend and attack. And worst of all, there's a ********ing square in the middle!! That's not good for build-up play. That's good for building a wall.

[​IMG]

It gets even worse when guys like De Jong and Ebecilio play. Or Van Bommel and Kuijt in contrast for Oranje.

Thank god Frank de Boer has seen the light. This last formation can only be forgiven when Vertonghen moves forward to connect with the midfield and makes it 3-4-3.

So much for my rant against modern fooball again.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Cruijff seems to be looking for a fistfight btw. He said, "I will not play by the rules. If I don't like the rules, I will ignore them, for the greater good of Ajax." I'm very curious to see where this is heading. He seems to be in conflict with the RvC already.

11. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Like this!:

[​IMG]

:)

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Re: Dit is mijn club, mijn ideaal. The Ajax thread.  [R]

Thank God that Voetbal International is back on TV. Ik ging stuk toen Rene over Ruiz en Adriaanse begon. :p

MeH had talks with Udinese yesterday, but he chased them away with his salary demands. - Johan Derksen *shrugs*

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Re: Dit is mijn club, mijn ideaal. The Ajax thread.

I wrote out a transcript of the post match interview by Frank de Boer in supercup thread but since I can imagine people not being bothered to read the "argument" I had with you-know-who I will post it here as well. I think it gives interesting insight in the way Frank de Boer thinks about football for those who otherwise can't follow his Dutch interviews.

Bad trainers (90% of them) talk in generalities after games: 'we weren't composed enough', 'we were unbalanced', 'it was boys against men', 'we had to be smarter', etc. The usual nonsense. Frank shows exceptional ability to analyze and remember the essential mistakes and is able to convey them directly. Most people aren't even able to do that even after watching a dozen replays.

14. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gotta love Frank. It's not just the players that are growing, either. Frank is growing as a manager as well, imo.

15. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

He's asking for more money than he's making on his current contract. God please let somebody take him off of our hands.

16. Bemma

Bemma Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Edwin training with Ajax 1 today!

17. alexleg

alexleg New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    the farewell match and the list of those who are playing...makes me proud as a Ajax fan.

Will we get another surprise appearance of Van Basten and Johan? like Bergkamp's

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad Jari Litamen isn't coming in for the match but maybe his season has already started in Finland (I think this is his announced last year as an active player).

19. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought he had already retired? may be wrong though.

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Re: Dit is mijn club, mijn ideaal. The Ajax thread. [R]

Roma have posted the financial details on Stekelenburgs transfer.

4 year contract, 6,3m upfront and 1m extra once he extends his contract or gets sold. So basicly 7,3 guaranteed, but we have to wait for the extra 1m. Everytime they reach a CL spot we get 0,5m extra, should they reach the CL in the next 4 years the total transfer amount will be 9,3m.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Re: Dit is mijn club, mijn ideaal. The Ajax thread. [R]

I'm not optimisitic on this money at all. Italy lost their 4th CL spot to Germany starting next season and it's going to be a real dogfight for those 3 spots.

22. Johan should find another whisperer than the Telegraaf as he is writing things about how he is going to behave as "Commissaris" that is going to put him into legal trouble as the role and the behaviour of this board and its members is prescribed by the law. Or he should get a very generous insurance for liability.

23. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Some more pics

[​IMG]

Helden!

[​IMG]

Gotta learn from the best and whoa at the difference in height.

[​IMG]

This picture made me chuckle for some reason lol.

24. Bemma

Bemma Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Still going strong and playing for HJK Helsinki. Fit again and plays in the Europa League tomorrow!

25. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Greg gives away his loser medal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgASsqh72ZE"]‪Johan Cruyff Schaal 2011 Ajax heeft zilver: Gregory van der Wiel geeft medaille weg‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]