Dit is mijn club. - Ajax 2017/2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Frank alledgedly wants to sign him for crystal palace.

2. "Ajacied Daishawn Redan vervolgt zijn loopbaan bij... Chelsea."
    Well, another one heading for the players on loan conveyer belt. Wonder what it is with those guys, predominantly black, that ignore the realities of the EPL syndrome.

3. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It is unfortunate that young players leave the club prematurely. On the other hand, we can say that Ajax does a good job with young people and that there is an incredible depth of talent. We have lost Malen, Peeters, Fosu-Mensah, Dilrosun, Baars, Bergwijn, and now Redan, and yet each year we have two or three players who reveal themselves to the general public.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^Barca always has so much possession time that they seldom defend. Gio also had Puyols at the central defense.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax did try to keep Redan but he wanted big money right away. I can't wait for Brexit to finalize as the English teams could not sign underage players any longer.

6. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Danilo, the new Ajax player, according to Telegraaf

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He needs an H in his name. Danilho sounds so much better

8. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I'm not sure about that. English clubs will find a way to keep poaching young players.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holland should insist that this be prohibited as part of the Brexit negotiations!!:D

10. Better, EPL clubs should pay to play in the CL, but let's start with not being payed at all and the money saved by the UEFA goes to Feyenoord. If they donot, world wide glamour exposure would fall and thus income.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Alblas started today against Bremen.
    Is he any good??

12. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Oh my God, what is wrong with Nouri?

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That looked horrible. No news about his status yet.

14. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

He's stable, got a pulse and is kept asleep. Good news I suppose.

Keko repped this.
  15. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    #116 Adrian Cocot, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    This could be real bad. Reminds me too much of Antonio Puerta. Also don't like the fact that he's being kept asleep (possibly an medically induced coma).

Keeping Nouri and his family in my thoughts and prayers; but even if he gets out of this episode, he might still not play again if it's discovered that he has a heart defect.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  16. Just read the news on teletxt about Nouri. Hope he will recover soon, It drops a dark cloud on his future. Sad thing.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #118 Brilliant Dutch, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Or Rubén de la Red

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Unfortunate course of events today. Thoughts go out to Nouri on his recovery.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow!!! We were on a plane coming back to the US from Ireland and i just saw this. Terrible. Hope for a full recovery!

20. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I am aware that in the present state of affairs, this concern is secondary but can he still exercise a high level sport?
    This would be a big loss for the Dutch foootball. Not only do we no longer have many emerging stars, in addition we are unlucky.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sorry to say, but if he an irregular heartbeat he can never play pro sports again.

Or actually he can, but he probably wouldn't survive more than a year. He would eventually collapse again and probably not wake up this time

22. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah sad news about Nouri. To be honest I had my doubts about him really fulfilling his potential anyway but now the most important thing is his health and at the very least he's going to be needing a lot of time off to recover and get the proper testing done to ensure his future.

Rinus127 repped this.
  23. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Per Ajax today, his heart is functioning normally (now independently) and is not damaged.. hopefully it was heatstroke or fatigue and he can make a full recovery without problem. If there was a heart abnormality then I understand that he might be out a few months and his future as a professional would be in jeopardy. (not totally sure, maybe someone can confirm)

http://www.ajax.nl/streams/ajax-actueel/update-nouri-hart-functioneert-normaal.htm

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think we will know much more until they complete the neurological tests which won't be done until he is wakened. The earliest that this might be according to what I've read is tomorrow. As with all the other players, Nouri had a pre-season physical exam a couple of weeks ago (I might have the timing a little wrong on that) and that there were not any abnormalities. that being said, there are many possibilities for what happened.