News: Disparity in judging posters needs to be addressed.

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Rebaño_Sagrado, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why is it posters who frequent the USA forums can call moderators in the BSMex forums assholes and other vulgar names I will not quote but posters from the BSMex forums can't leave negative reps pointing how some posters are racists pricks after they comment "so and so mexican player was picked up on a flatbed truck to work on a cheerleaders yard"?

What is with the disparity?

We know the USA forum is your favored simply by the number of moderators it has. We would appreciate if you at least made an attempt at appearing even handed.

Personally, I'd like a satisfactory answer to this or I will be filing for a refund with my credit card company.

Thank you.

2. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    piece of shit is the one thing that comes to mind when I see those type of comments from that racist prick bill archer, who foments lies and unfounded accusations in his blog and posts.

prime candidate to work for fox news

3. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There is a subissue here.

I'd really like to know why a person who continually offends Mexicans with his bigoted comments is featured as a blogger.

It would appear his views are official Bigsoccer stances.

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If you're gonna call me out, go ahead and use my name.

5. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont think he was referring to you, but you are admitting to being a racist prick and callling a Mexico mod an asshole?

6. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't know your posting history and don't read your blog.

Why do you feel you are the topic of the discussion sir?

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't forums with more posts have more moderators so that the USA Men moderators don't get overburdened with work?

BigSoccer hosts many blogs and I don't think of them as "official BigSoccer stances," but I could see BigSoccer posting a disclaimer that blogs by users are not "official BigSoccer stances."

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Would it help if I did?

9. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    help who? you?

10. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    1. Generally speaking, moderators should have a thicker skin - but no, it's not okay for posters to call them assholes. Have you seen some of the stuff that posters in the Mexico forum call me and the other US moderators? Do your mods take action on any of those posters?

2. You're so quick with the outrage that you didn't even notice that you barely got a slap on the wrist. Warnings carry no points towards yellow cards, and they do not in any way effect your ability to post on BigSoccer. You can't post personal attacks in posts, personal messages, email, or rep.

3. It has been repeatedly said that Bill Archer does not represent BigSoccer's views any more than John Jagou does. He is not the official opinion of BigSoccer.

4. If you would like a refund, please send an email to helpdesk@bigsoccer.com.

11. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

I have some questions for you:

- Why is it that USA fans can barely say anything in the Mexico forum without being infracted and yellow carded?
    - Why is it that the USA mods let Mexico posters post freely in our forums and send warnings and rarely yellow card or forum ban?

Why the discrepancy?

Why is it that posters in your forum heap all kinds of abuse on me and my mods and one instance of a poster saying something about one of your mods it's a big deal? Why haven't you stood up for us when all those things have been said about us?

Why the discrepancy?

12. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this is not true and you know it, I have been banned several times, for expressing my opinion and I should put it that I usually tone down my rhetoric since I know im in a guest forum and one of our mods got demodded for asking a simple question in the charlie davies thread as to "what was he doing at that time of night"

remember that double standard started with the nad mods from a long time ago, our "frustration" or abuse as we can call it, comes from that itself

how can we stand up for our aggressors?

makes no sense

13. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

You've been banned for trolling, not for giving an opinion. I didn't say we never do it, but it's fairly rare. We let lots of posters post there without caution or infraction. I make this comment mainly to counter the notion that we are all racists and completely biased. I'm okay that Mexico has stricter posting guidelines and have said so many times, but you have to admit that we are less welcome to post there don't you? If we were racists and biased, would we allow Mexico mods to set their policy they way they see fit?

No mod was demodded for asking a simple question or giving condolences. I told the mod in question that, yes, I was upset at the time because it was an insensitive comment at a sensitive moment, but both me and the other US mod on hand when it happened gave him the benefit of the doubt and figured he was more clueless about how upset people were than deliberately trying to upset people. That's not why he is no longer a mod.

I vaguely remember it but I wasn't a supermod or admin back then (not sure I was even a mod) and those were different times - I dont think there were even supermods around then. If that happened now, TTM wouldn't stand for it and I wouldn't stand for it. Any USA mods that went trolling in your forum would not be a mod for long and they might be yellow carded or red carded for some of the over the top stuff that was said. As far as I know, there are no USA mods who are risk of a trolling spree in your forums but if they do, please let me know.

You guys don't see the infractions we hand out on USA posters for some of the stuff they do so perhaps assume that it's only y'all that are getting infracted.

14. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I expected a better reply from you Dark Knight considering you are a Supermod. You can't justify your actions by taking the everybody else does it route.

As to the job of the Mexico mods, bias aside, they try their best to encourage open discussion and we have fans from the opposing teams contribute as well as international members who visit all sections of the Mexico forum.

US fans have repeatedly trolled our threads. In fact I read many of them planning to troll our forum over the Mex-USA match on Aug. 12. This alone should have been card worthy.

What I really want to know is why Bigsoccer continually gives a bigot to voice his opinion as well.

Edit: It is Bill Archer not Dan Loney

15. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201059&page=5

Ok. I take it back. It was Bill Archer not Dan Loney. I find it interesting you know exactly what I am addressing, yet pretend this is somehow all provoked by Mexico forum posters.

If this type of comment was made by a Mexico poster Everybody in our forum would give him shit. In fact there is one individual who is properly on his way to getting banned.

16. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as Americans in the Mexican forums, I am a regular on the Mexico forums and have been treated with nothing but respect. I speak Spanish and have an interest in Mexico so I am welcome there. I have seen racist people post stupid crap about the immigration issue and then cry foul when people get upset. I've also seen US supporters trolling the Mexico forums after a US win. That said I have also seen some Mexican posters taking world rivalry crap into other forums and ruining some good threads. The "hate free" US-Mexico thread in the concacaf forum is a perfect example.

17. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    USMNT fans constantly ask us why we don't support your team and question our patriotism to the USA.

If you took a look from our perspective you would understand why and how.

18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    My response wasn't meant as a "they did it first" - I'm just pointing out that it seems a little hypocritical to bring up the personal attack posted in our forum about one of your mods without mentioning all the abuse that goes on in your forum on the USA mods on a regular basis. I believe the guy who posted that was cautioned and the post deleted whereas not much happens when abuse gets posted on us. That doesn't seem consistent with a USA bias charge does it? At least it's not true that "US fans can call Mexico mods assholes and other vulgar names".

I don't remember seeing any discussions about plans to troll your forum but I would have shut it down and cautioned them that they will be carded for that stuff. I think it's good that your mods don't let trolls ruin your forum - sometimes I think we US mods should consider being a little more strict.

I don't select the bloggers and I can't defend them, but their views don't reflect mine or BigSoccer's views. But speaking personally I don't think either are racists. I don't agree with Archer's politics or the fact that he probably doesn't have much regard for "PC", but not sure that makes him a racist, but I'm a lot more careful about throwing that term around.

19. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fair enough, if you deem my opinion trolling, then I guess theres no room for complaining that Mexico mods are too strict right?

well I dont know if alberto and ctoa are USA mods but they have come to the Mexico forums and trolled. and nothing was done

maybe if infractions can be shown on a user, kinda like reputaion, it might help.

20. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL, you think his statement is political and acceptable?

What a joke.

21. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    heh, I was gonna bring up your name and many others about how this statement is so not true

22. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah - you had me confused by bringing Loney into this.

I'm not pretending this was provoked by Mexico forum posters - I don't mean to be giving that impression.

I don't agree with some USMNT fans who feel this way. I personally think that point of view is ridiculous.

23. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    No - I'm saying I don't agree with his politics. Should we just cut to the chase and agree there's nothing I can say that you will not think is a joke? I guess I'm a racist too then?

24. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'll agree to say you are tip-toeing around the issues.

Not once have I accused you of racism and I am not trying to shut the discussion but it appears you are.

I said there was a disparity and this is true. You have not denied it.

So, you are agreeing he is a racist prick that shouldn't be a blogger ?

25. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I have been told by many including Mexico mods that your forum isn't very welcoming of outsiders - do you disagree?