DirecTV NOW adds Deportes package

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by DeargGerilo, Jun 20, 2018.

1. DeargGerilo

DeargGerilo Member

Mar 16, 2017
    #1 DeargGerilo, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    There are 3 new Spanish-language packages and one is called Deportes for only $5! I believe there are 6 channels but the 4 certain ones are: beIN Sports en español, ESPN Deportes, FOX Deportes, and Univision Deportes.

I'm 99% sure it also includes GOL TV and TyC Sports (it's listed in the promo but not on the website itself when you go to Select A Plan. Multiple DTVN chat agents couldn't solve the discrepancy and although I ordered the add-on, the channels have yet to show up -- I was told there's a technical team working on the issue).

https://www.directvnow.com/blog/bienvenidos-a-todo-y-mas/

No word on whether they're going to add the English-language version of beIN SPORTS or if/when you'll be able to use your DTVN credentials to log-in to beIN CONNECT.

This is clearly a way to compete with fubo and Sling. The Deportes selection looks like all the soccer-centered channels from fubo's Latino plan ($17.99) for a fraction of the price -- so I'll be canceling the latter. Great deal...if they add the other beIN+CONNECT and were capable of, ya know, actually implementing it.

2. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you’ve misunderstood. You can’t get a stand-alone package for $5. You can get the main Spanish package (which includes many English channels and all Spanish channels including the sports channels for $45 per month) or you can add all Spanish channels to an English package (the cheapest if which is $35 per month) for an extra $10 or the Deportes channel for an extra $5. In other words, you can’t pay for the $5 deportes add on without at least the $35 English package. So, at the very least, you’d be paying $40 per month.

4. DeargGerilo

DeargGerilo Member

Mar 16, 2017
    #4 DeargGerilo, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    No, I didn't misunderstand anything. I maybe should have emphasized it better in the first sentence but I referred to it as an "add-on package" in my post. A no strings attached $5 plan with those channels would indeed be too good to be true. But yeah, my comparison to the stand-alone fubo Latino package is from someone who already has both (only current DTVN customers would save $13 by swapping the two).

Update: they fixed whatever the issue was with the Fire TV device and the channels were added. Hopefully they add beIN English and access to CONNECT before the season is underway; perhaps to one of the main packages, if not the Deportes add-on.

Let's begin our pressure campaign. :thumbsup:

5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I misunderstood your post based on your line that it was all of the fubo Latino channels for a fraction of the price.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  6. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is awesome so ready to switch. How’s the quality of TyC and Goltv are they in HD if they are added to the deportes pack?

7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also anyone that has Directv Now is it exactly like regular directv like the same guide? And look of regular Directv? I have directv love it but the pricing is getting insane. Now Deportes added I’m seriously thinking of switching. One other question if Goltv is added is their English language?

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #8 HomietheClown, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    My parents had to switch to crappy cable so I an thinking about taking the plunge and getting both Fubo latino and the Sling Spanish package with the South American add on so they can watch their soccer via their roku.
    This thread will come in handy.