Diogo Jota: Produces more than Felix for Portugal

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by prodigal_mind, Oct 27, 2019.

1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Traore was total garbage last year, he has little football IQ and wanted to run the ball into the net alone every-time he got the ball. This year he's the same except his strength improved so he can actually run through more players alone and has changed his game to be less winger more attacker which works out better for him and wolves. He's had a decent run this year but still has games where he loses the ball needlessly....But you knew that from watching right? lol of course not.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not sure what the self portrait is for, but you are getting closer.

3. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    His strength improved? Lol you just proved how dumb you are. He has a much better output than Jota and has been Wolves best player this season by far. You dont watch any of these games you just look at the stat lines while eating doritos and mountain dew and come up with these nonsense conclusions

4. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If ederson didnt come out like that Walker would have easily caught up. Its embarassing Jota did literally nothing against 10 man city and needed to be taken out in order for Wolves to win. Neto and Vinagre did more against 10 man city than Jota did.

It seems you are still sad about Benfica knocking Braga out of their "world cup"

5. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Jota has a poor game today against Liverpool. Btw, moutinho was excellent . Moutinho should start in euro 2020.

6. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yup complete garbage did nothing. This is why Porto and Atletico got rid of him

7. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I just noticed this comment now.
    It comes across as racist. I dont know if you intended it to be racist, but please be mindful of how it can be interpreted moving forward.

I am tired of black players being stereotyped as having little football IQ and simply being athletic footballers valued for their speed, tackling, and jumping ability.

Traore is much more than that, almost scored at the end of the game today with a brilliant play. Again, Moutinho was excellent.

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Racist? In what f'n way?

You are the worst kind of troll.

9. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lies.

Liverpool is getting the benfica treatment with VAR this season and tell me how many players have stripped Van Dijk of the ball and created a scoring chance. Go lie about more things somewhere else. The nonsense of you being a coach was annoying but now the lies are getting too much.

10. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I can’t believe you don’t see how and why your comment can be considered racist and offensive. Obviously, you need to check your privilege.

And yes I am a coach and black players on my team have told me about how precious white coaches perceived them as having limited football IQ.

11. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #36 prodigal_mind, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Where is the lie? Your response had nothing to do with what he said LOL. Jota did nothing against liverpool. Even Neto did more

Liverpool is clearly the best team, is this league also fake like the portuguese league now?

btw Traore has more goals and assists than Jota

12. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Yes but that was the only good play Diogo jota did. I would still place him behind Ronaldo , Guedes, Paciencia, Andre Silva, Felix, and Eder in the depth chart for forwards.

Liverpool is the best team in the world right now and deserves to lead the premier league by a hefty margin.

13. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Btw I really liked the look of Pedro Neto.
    Perhaps another young PT player to keep a watch on.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What did you expect? The dude is an inbred cvnt of the highest order.

15. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Did you even watch the game? As you said, Liverpool is the best team in the world with several excellent defenders - including the world's best CB. Jota worked his a$$ off and had a great shift against this very team. He also earned the red card against Man City with a great run and touch that completely changed that game. In Liverpool he played hard without the help of the 2 other most important players - Traore and Jimenez - who Nuno rightfully kepf off the starting lineup (playing Man City and Liverpool in 48h is completely bonkers). So he did well given the circumstances. He had at least 1 or 2 runs in the first half where he beat defenders completely by himself by using pace and hustle but he had noone to pass too. Stealing the ball from Van Dijk was pretty remarkable/daring and a sign of his quality. Can you imagine Guedes, Andre Silva, or Eder doing that? Jota may not be a world class player but he is a very decent striker with qualities that we have nowhere else in the lineup.

16. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Lol, what privilege? The privilege of wearing a hard hat? Most Portuguese men and women outside of Portugal are blue color workers. A lot of us get viewed as Hispanics yet most of us are too proud and list themselves as caucasian on the job application.

17. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    No end product. It’s just like one of the boys I had on my team 2 years ago. Whenever I played him he would do fancy moves and tricks but they would never lead to goals or assists. I started benching him and his dad got upset ended up pulling him off the team and throwing a fit.

18. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Because Adama last year played like a selfish idiot turning over the ball taking on the whole team I'm racist?

Oh....because he's black he has low football IQ in YOUR experience? WOW! Who is the racist now?

This is your first and last warning about this shit

19. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol its possible maybe there is some merit to what he said based on how defensive you are getting.

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why have t you banned that cvnt already?

21. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He hasnt broken any rules?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/read-me-before-you-post.234798/

Speaking of rules. Your post here breaks these rules

Would hate to see you get red carded again so soon. I reported you last time, but i believe you have come back a changed man!

22. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I disagree, I know a true racist when I see one.

In my experience coaching youth I coached a young black male and I watched him cry coming off the field, I asked him why he was being such a pussy his response changed my views on the world... He said his team mates would call him stupid because he was black.

From that day forward I swore to battle racists like yourself.

23. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have a daughter who likes playing soccer and also happens to live in Toronto. Was wondering if i could inquire about where abouts you coach and if she can be on one of your teams.

24. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I believe I and Martelo have faced off quite a few times.

25. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    #50 Joe Martelo, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Sure just send me a DM.
    I have coached girls teams before and am considering doing so again next summer with a second team.

Now that I am divorced will have time to coach two teams next year instead of one.

My daughter also plays soccer.