Difference between Indoor and Turf shoes

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by DeathLeprechaun, Nov 11, 2006.

1. DeathLeprechaun

DeathLeprechaun New Member

Jun 17, 2006
  2. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would say that turf shoes are for surfaces like street/cement/sidewalk/etc, and artifical turf like with the tireshavings and grass that looks like it's torn off of a ribbon

While indoors are for gym floors, as well as the 'carpet' sort of turf.

That's just how I perceive it.

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Guys come on and use some logic. Turf shoes are designed for just that turf grass surfaces. They have multiple rubber nubs on the bottom, they are also suitable for very hard natural ground for example dry baked dirt common in the summer months and frozen pitches common in the winter.

Indoor are flat bottom shoes used on court, hardwood, carpet, concrete and astro turf. Sometimes people use them on turf grass but the rubber beads IMO cause too much slippage to use them on that stuff.

Turf Grass- Field Turf, Next Turf, New Turf

Astro Turf_ Green carpet like surface

4. DeathLeprechaun

DeathLeprechaun New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Well, the turf I play on for indoor is kind of weird. It's not that bright green astro turf stuff. However, it's not the new fancy kind that has the tireshavings and stuff. It's like a thick, soft, carpet, I guess. That's why I asked the question because it's sort of a mix between astro turf and grass-imitator turf.

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No your question is logcical and fine, its the other statements like turf for cement that I was saying were a little on the dense side. Anyhow if you have carpet, use flat bottoms, the turfs may catch the carpet and you can do you ankle/knee/leg.

6. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My apologies.. I've seen a lot of people here play pickups on basketball courts + parking lots with turfs on.

7. Echo_

Echo_ New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    I've played on that stuff, get the turf shoes, with indoor shoes you'll slip