Diego Lugano

Discussion in 'Uruguay' started by InterFan76, Feb 7, 2013.

1. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm an Italian American and my favorite team is Inter-Milan. My alltime favorite player is Javier Zanetti. Since the 2010 WC my favorite player has been Diego Lugano. He was awesome in the WC and 2011 Copa America. I think he's one of the best center backs in the world even at 32. He's a hard worker and great on set plays with his head. I follow him wherever he goes. I just want to know what Uruguayans think of him. Do you think his time has passed or he has some life left in him as Uruguay Capt.? I hope he gets one more run at glory in the 2014 WC in Brazil. Also it's nice to see him on a team like Malaga they need him and he'll get some playing time in the CL.

2. CARBONERO25

CARBONERO25 Member

May 12, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He is a great player and captain. He is a true Leader on the field and never has fear. Things didn't workout for him in PSG, but I think Malaga will be a good team for him. As for Uruguay, He is a MUST on the starting line-up. I hope he will be in form by the time 2014 World Cup comes around.

InterFan76 repped this.
  3. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I was just wondering cause he always gets over shadowed by the bigger stars like Suarez,Cavani and Forlan(well,I guess defenders are always overshadowed by strikers.) Also hard to get his name and number on national team jerseys lol. But I do have a replica 2010/2011 home Uruguay jersey with his name and number my prized possession.

4. CARBONERO25

CARBONERO25 Member

May 12, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah probably around the world. But in Uruguay they love him as much as Suarez, Cavani, and Forlan. I bet it is. I think on soccer.com they have Cavani and Suarez only.

Luis Suarez repped this.
  5. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had to get my jersey from a friend in Uruguay. He sells tonz of Uruguary National team merch and uses the same printer that the national team does.

6. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You guys think his best days are behind him? It seems like when he plays for Malaga they loose. I hope it's just a bad spell. I know he isn't getting any younger. You think he'll captain Uruguay at the Confederations Cup and next years WC?

7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just read he's back at PSG but looking for a new club. You think he will go back to South America?

8. youcantseeme

youcantseeme Member

Dec 22, 2005
    England
    Hey guys, we (West Bromwich Albion) are close to signing Lugano. He is obviously a player of great experience and pedigree but since you know more about him than I do, do you think he will be a good fit for us in the premier league?

InterFan76 repped this.
  9. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know much about West Brom and what you guys need as far as center backs but,he is very strong and good in the air with his head on set plays. His last few years he has been slowing down but had a decent Confederations Cup this summer. Hopefully if you guys do sign him he'll be of some help.

10. youcantseeme

youcantseeme Member

Dec 22, 2005
    England
    InterFan76 repped this.
  11. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. youcantseeme

youcantseeme Member

Dec 22, 2005
    England
    Thanks for the great video...certainly seems very good with his head. If only that Alex was a few years younger....he seem to be involved in everything. :D

13. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone have an update on his injury? Hope he's back in time for the WC.