Die Nationalmannschaft: World Cup

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Wotan, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, that happens :)

I've never been a huge fan of Neuville, but there's no denying that he has been quite decent recently.

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    A few notes that I keep around in my head that I have to get off my chest:

1) Ernst should not be in the German NT lineup. I don't think he's good enough. I'd actually take Hitzlsperger and maybe even Boateng over him. The guy just doesn't seem to be at his game ever for the German NT and with his dip in form with Schalke, I just don't think he has what it takes.

2) The more I think about it, Kiessling should be our 4th striker. Brdaric and Neuville don't seem to be the spark that we need off the bench. Kiessling I think is a fresh young face that is worth while. However, this may depend on the fitness and return of form of Asamoah; a functional Asamoah > Kiessling, who's just starting. However, regardless of Asamoah's form, I think Kiessling should get a chance in some friendlies

3) Malik Fathi should definitely get a callup. Maybe not to the WC squad, but, like Kiessling, a callup to friendlies. I agree with Jaison; I think Jansen is more suited for an attacking role. I think Malik would be a great defensive sub at LB when we are ahead. I'd have more faith in him defensively than Lahm.

4) The formation in France where we had

-------------Frings-------Ballack
    -----winger----------------------winger---(don't remember the wingers names)

was a great idea. I think we should scrap the idea of having a defensive mf because frankly we don't have a good one. Maybe replace Frings with Borowski, and have Schweinsteiger and Deisler/Frings/Schneider at wings. If we have the lead, then bring on Kehl for Borowski. I think that would be the optimal midfield solution for our team.

5) Cram the gk talk...Klinsmann pick one now and stick with your horse to the end of the day.