Die Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft News & Discussion Thread - Road to Russia 2018 Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    In terms of passing accuracy, Brant is so much better than Sane. Brant's goal threat is also better than Sane, most importantly, Brant doesn't hold on to the ball too much, which suits Germany's system very well

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would like to see both Sane and Brandt make it final squad, 96 in action which are still youth eligible.

I'm hoping that Havertz performs in the next 2 season even more than the last 2 to the point where we see Draxler dropped. Havertz did a ton better all season and let's not forget 1BL>>>>.>>>>Ligue 1. While only being 18 years old.

could have been fun to have had a very young player make the WC preliminary roster.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    JOACHIM LÖW ABOUT ...
    The day of the nomination is always a bit zwiegespalten. On the one hand, there is great joy in the players who belong to it. On the other side are the disappointed ones who are left behind. My job as a national coach is sometimes to burst dreams. The decision is never against a player, but always in the spirit of the team and the overall success. Nomination finding is complex, we discuss weeks over individual persons and positions. We analyze and discuss this down to the smallest detail, whereby in the end little things decide. The criteria are clear: Which players after a long season physically and psychologically at the World Cup get a top performance? The entire squad was called in the sense of a coherent overall picture. The team has to work not only on but also outside the pitch. A message to the players who are not there: They are very, very good footballers and guys, they were right with us in the A-team, and maybe they are back with us after the World Cup.

... the goals at the World Cup: Of course we want to achieve the maximum. We are world champions, Confed Cup winners and want to defend the finals and the world title. That is what our objective is based on. We have three, four important points that are priorities in the training camp. We want to show the dedication to bring the world title back to Germany.

... the squad scope: In the past we have the experience that there may be one or the other injury shortly before a tournament. That's why it makes perfect sense to do it that way. June 4 is the final deadline. Until then we wanted to take a breath.

... Manuel Neuer: The coaching team was in the last weeks almost every day with Manuel in exchange. We're taking four goalkeepers to South Tyrol, because Manuel is getting into full team training this week at Bayern. This means that he can fully join us as well. We want to get an idea of ourselves and take the chance to see and judge him in the training camp. We and Manuel know about the responsibility towards the team, the health, the fans. Is he in a position to bring the usual top performances? On June 4th we will make a decision. Until then we see day by day. After South Tyrol, we will speak openly and honestly, whether he can play the World Cup. No one can go into such a tournament without match practice - Manuel knows that too. At the moment everything looks fine, his injury has completely healed. Manuel can be fully loaded and he is our captain. We wish he was there.

... Jerome Boateng: Jerome gets back into running training. During the training camp, his injury will be cured. He is a player who is not one-to-one substitute. We do everything to help him.

.. Jonathan Tah: He has made great progress and has shown that he has improved a lot in the game release. Therefore, his provisional nomination is justified.

... Nils Petersen: Nils has scored 15 Bundesliga goals in a team that does not score many chances. He gave me a very, very good and fit impression. He proved that he is a very, very good joker. My feeling tells me that he can grow with the task. I promise a lot from him.

... Marco Reus: We are happy that he played without injuries in the last months. He has a special gift, he is a special weapon. He has a special feeling for the rooms, the game intelligence and is in very good shape. He stands for extraordinary things, I promise a lot of him. Of course we have to dose the training. We hope that he stays healthy, then he can help us crucially at the World Cup.

... Mario Götze: It was not necessarily his season. Of course, he has an insane quality, but this season he just has not been in shape. I hope that he has another start after the summer break in Dortmund. I'm sorry and I'm having a hard time.

... Sandro Wagner: In the end, little things decide. He has made the games with us and in the club with full commitment and a very good character. We had to make a decision that fell in favor of other players. It was a decision for Mario Gomez and Nils Petersen, not against Sandro Wagner.

... Emre Can: He has been out long and was not an issue for us. He has not been burdened since March, so it was too big a stranger to us.

... the change from club to DFB team: The players are in good shape. Of course, we also evaluate what happens in the teams, but also what the player showed us. It's all part of the evaluation. Our players know our philosophy. There are also players who have other tasks in the club. But the conversion always works fast and well.

dips82, Epitome990 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    How come Gnabry wasn't called up. His stats were good this year.

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's injured unfortunately.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    injured, won't be back into shape until the middle of the WC.

sucks for him as he most likely would have been on the provisional squad.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1832 Ger90, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

uh, interesting, so more than half of the squad is playing their 1st WC.

The guys who won Germany the WC in the final.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think its the right move to bring in so much new blood. Relying on old and out of form players would be a recipe for failure.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The 2018 WC should be the last major tournament for guys like Gomez and Khedira.

While for the 2020 Euros, it could be last for Boateng, Hummels, Neuer, Hector, Reus and Özil. Although at age 31-32, not all of the outfield players should be there together. Neuer who turns 34 by then could still be a factor if he maintains good health. But ter Stegen is emerging as a strong #1 option already. Schürrle and Götze will need a really dramatic career turnaround if they want to make it back on the NT stage.

Müller might be able to play for 2022 if he continues to be a productive Raumdeuter. Kroos and Gündogan could probably go until 2022 as well.

For 2020, I hope to see Sane, Brandt and Gnabry establish themselves as starter quality on the NT. Werner, Goretzka and Kimmich should be even better by then.

Hope to see guys like Karius, Henrichs, Philipp Max, Klostermann, Tah, Kempf, Baumgartl, Kehrer, Meyer, Dahoud, Weigl, Max Philipp, Marius Wolf, Selke, Uth, Füllkrug, Volland etc continue making career progression to get into NT consideration.

MatthausSammer, Ger90 and dips82 repped this.
  11. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like the team...having hard time that Gotze and Schurrle won't be there who are still young and won us the last World Cup...but they didn't play well as we all understand...
    hard luck Howedes too

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Low extended until 2022, if Muller scores another 5+ goals at this WC, will be hard to let him go.

another name that's missing on that list is Havertz.

13. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    1.Neuer
    2.Sule
    3.Hector
    4.Ginter
    5.Hummels
    6.Khedira
    7.Draxler
    8.Kroos
    9.Werner
    10.Ozil
    11.Reus
    12.Leno
    13.Muller
    14.Gundogan
    15.Goretzka
    16.Rudiger
    17.Boateng
    18.Kimmich
    19.Sane
    20.Petersen/Brandt
    21.Rudy
    22.Ter Stegen
    23.Gomez

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  14. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Such a shame for him - hope he can get a good run this season

Dage repped this.
  15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos, Rudy, Gundogan, Khedira ...

Midfield is a bit soft and not enough distance coverage, especially if Khedira is injured.

Kroos and Gundogan didn’t form a good CM partnership, saw that recently against Brazil too. Maybe they are a bit too similar?

Goretzka is more of an AM

So Will Ginter play as DM in certain matchup? Or when Khedira isn’t available? His versatility is a big plus in this team

I think Trapp, Tah, Brandt and Petersen will be cut I predict

16. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think that why Rudy is part of the team. he played well in the CC , and he brings a certain stability and defensive quality to the game.

17. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sule played in CM for Bayern a couple of times this season and actually looked really solid.

I think in match-ups where defensive midfield is considered an issue, we will probably see a 3 CB line-up. Otherwise a trio of Kroos, Khedira and 1 other should be good enough.

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Not Oezil tho. I don’t like The way how Oezil plays, his body language

19. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't have a problem with Oezil, but we have not found a replacement for what Schweinsteiger brought to this team. The amount of ground he covered, defense and ability to control the match are sorely needed.

20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't know man.. Schweinsteiger had a mediocre tourney in 2014, really nothing special. I think others can do the same or better.

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Imagine the public outcry

996708620187430912 is not a valid tweet id

22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I am in two minds about this.

I do agree that Schweinsteiger's tournament was rather defined by the final half of extra time. He got cut, got hard, then Goetze won it. Had Germany lost the game, I kind of doubt there would be the same narrative

But also, the german midfield 3 of Schweini, Kroos and Sami K was such a great unit - and its the total package that matters

Shame they didn't have another 2 years of peak play together but it was not to be with injuries and such

Kroos is of course much more an all rounder than 4 years ago, but the rest of midfield is not so clear.

23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I am 100% against what Dawg and Ozil did

I also think it was crazy that Ozil handed over an Arsenal jersey and put the brand in the middle of that

That said, it was an official state visit to the UK where May was also photographed with him - so Hitler is a bit too far

24. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    I really don't understand why people keep saying Brandt will be cut from the last 23. The way Germany nation team plays relies on players can pass the ball accurately to the right position at the right timing, which Brandt has matured in this aspect during this season, while Sane seems still has a long way to reach that maturity in that regard, If I was Low, I will cut Sane instead given the fact that after he was given so many opportunities, Sane still hasn't got used to the national team system. If in the end Low decide to cut Brandt instead of Sane, then he must have seen something on Sane during the close observation of everyday training that we don't normally see during matches.

25. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He did struggle with injuries, but I feel like he brought something to the table that none of the current midfielders have. All of them have some of his attributes, but none have all of them in a single package.