Die Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft News & Discussion Thread - Road to Russia 2018 Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am sure Mario Gomez is an option to Loew. We can have a physical presence in the box n provide some aerial threat to give an some variety up top.

Do we need as many central defenders? i have my doubt.

I am pretty sure Loew would bring three wing backs: Kimmich, Hector n one other.

Howedes shouldnt be used as left back anymore. he is 4 years older, slower, hasnt played there since 2014 n isnt offering anything offensively.
    Maybe Howedes is better at right back, so we can have him as Kimmich's backup, but Hector's side we need someone like Toljan or Plattenhardt.

Im not sure about Henrichs yet, because he doesnt seem to be very good in Leverkusen and isnt a guarantee starter there after winter break.

2. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Henrichs is best German full back and best Bundesliga rightback

He prove everything next season

Im so sad cuz his Move to City this summer is failed

3. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we play with 3CB Loew will at least bring 5 if not 6.......
    I would go with 5 in that case....

4. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    ..................Werner.....................
    Sane.............Ozil..............Muller
    ............Kroos....Gundo...............
    Hector...........................Kimmich
    ............Boa.....Hummels..............

This Would be Our Strongest Line Up with All Fit.

5. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Problem with this line up is the defence, are midfield trio oezil-kroos-gundogan enough to defend against france, spain, brazil, etc?

6. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    ..................Werner.....................
    Sane.............Gundogan..............Muller
    ............Kroos....Khedira..............
    Hector...........................Kimmich
    ............Boa.....Hummels..............

This Would be Our Strongest Line Up with All Fit.[/QUOTE]

Better combo

We win WM with 3 strong midfielders on the pitch ,discluding weak and softy Ozil (Bastian ,Kroos,Khedira)

So : Kroos Khedira Gundogan
    Weigl Kroos Gundogan/Khedira/Goretzka

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #32 Ger90, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    I'm curious I see Sane always there but if Reus was fully healthy. Would you guys still put Sane ahead? I feel like Sane could be the perfect sub, he still has a long way to go and is young. But this could be one of the final tourneys of Reus as he's fast approaching 30. Wouldn't you want his experience. We want to win another WC.

I feel like I would have been more open to Sane in the XI if he had participated at the CC and we see how he deals in a tourney.

bayern is god repped this.
  8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

BorisG repped this.
  9. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    A Fully Fit Reus is a Myth and Hence Sane on the Left.

Having said that,The Way Sane Terrorised PL Defences with his Pace Post Christmas and given Pep Loves the Kid - He Could Just have that Break Out Season with City and that'll make him extremely Hard to Ignore.

I Love Marco.But Sane is going to be twice the Player being the better Athlete.

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man, please don't jinx Reus. Even he seems aware that he keeps missing these International tournaments and seems desperate to make the WC18. It was even in his letter to the fans about the WC being a key objective for him.

I didn't watch much of Man City in the PL. But I did watch Man City in the CL especially the back to back vs Monaco, where he was like the only good player on that team. Scoring 2 and assisting 1 in 2 games. As well as having tons of enthusiasm for more.

even if your right about Sane reaching another level next year. I still want both on the final squad. Heck even if Sane starts ahead, Reus would still make a very fine sub.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm glad we ended our 3 year trophy drought with the CC win. Now we need to win the WC18 to avoid another 3 years drought.:p

BorisG repped this.
  12. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hahahaha , yes three year drought , that is just not on, but have confidence now that the 2018 squad line up has been leaked, that we can take the cup home again with us.... lololololol

13. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If Sane can beat out a fully fit Reus - our attack could be unbelievably strong.

It will be interesting to watch the battles for starting roles in midfield and attack playout I see only a fully fit Mueller and Kroos as guaranteed starters.

Gomez/Werner

Reus/Sane

Ozil/Gundogan

Khedira/ Goretzka

14. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As said ... we are in a most fortunate position at this stage.....
    Just imagine they are all fit at WC18 and in such great form. We will have endless discussion on who should have made the squad and who should be in the starting 11....and if we win the WC all will be good if we loose, then there can only be 1 looser and that will be Jogi.

yeahhhh so at least come maye/june/July next year we will have plenty to say on this forum.

15. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Stindl /Brandt can be Muller's alternative?

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

No Draxler ?

17. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Draxler if healthy will make it.

Personally he does nothing for me. I am more excited about Brandt's potential.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think Draxler's trash, but I'm not sure what everyone else outside this forum seems to see in him that they overrate him. He wasn't even close to player of the tournament, Löw gifted him the captaincy, and he permabenched Brandt, despite the fact that Brandt was really good against Australia.

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    still hope for Gundo, Sane and Reus
    Low told Sport Bild: "Julian Draxler took part in the 2014 and 2016 tournaments, and especially at the Euros showed good performances. Marco, on the other hand, missed them through injuries. Ahead of the Confederations Cup, he told me that the 2018 World Cup is his big goal. I hope he achieves it because Marco Reus is an extraordinary player."

Reus' former Dortmund teammate and current Manchester City midfielder Gundogan also missed tournaments through injury, and Low said that he hopes he "can play a season until the end" and "if that's the case he'd be a great fit for the 2018 World Cup."

Sane underwent surgery on his nose instead of playing in Russia this summer, and while regretting that he was not part of the squad, Low said that "at Manchester City he has that certain pressure I wanted to put on the players at the Confederations Cup."

"Leroy has taken a very good development in the last nine months," he added. "And thus in his case I don't necessarily regard the withdrawal as a disadvantage."

Emre Can, another Premier League player, took part in the Confederations Cup but faces stiff competition from Sami Khedira and Toni Kroos to feature regularly.

Low said: "Emre is a bit like Sami. He's good in the direct duels, has a physical presence on the field. Emre can also join the attack. He hasn't been a central figure in the national team so far, but he's definitely made a step forward in our perception. Independent of Sami, Emre is a player like we want them."

Commenting on Germany's squad depth and a possible selection dilemma ahead of next summer, Low said: "I hope that I will face a difficult decision prior to the World Cup in Russia. But a lot can happen in a year, and I've experienced that often enough."
    http://www.espnfc.co.uk/germany/sto...-hope-for-reus-sane-gundogan-after-confed-cup

sound like if Reus and Gundo are fit, they are in the WC squad.

20. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who should have been captain?

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ter Stegen? Rudy?

MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if it was up to me if you had to choose an experienced NT player.......I would choose Hector every day of the week all year long over Draxler or Mustafi. By the way during the CC Mustafi was vice-captain, not sure I understand the logic in that either.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought that was Kimmich

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no Kimmich only became captain because Mustafi was never on the field. As he was dropped after the 1st Chile game. So for 2 games in a row when Draxler was subbed out, Kimmich took over. But if Mustafi was on the field he would have gotten the armband.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kimmich is a good choice, same with Stindl as the veteran on the pitch. Ter Stegen was another option.