Did the Tevez RIP sign "Sour" YOUR Celebration?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by cigar_city, May 14, 2012.

1. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    According to various English websites I've visited, the City title celebration was "marred," "sullied," and my favorite, "soured" by Tevez holding up a sign some Citizen handed him to hold up.

Even if Tevez had the bulb wattage between the ears to create such a creative, historically significant sign to hoist above his head during the parade - does the fact that he did it mar, sully, or sour the celebration of your title?

Or ... outside of the ridiculous fantasy land that the English media seem to live in ... did you maniacs actually fu(king love it?
    I'm betting the latter ...

MVF repped this.
  2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    About as much as the pitch invasion did... aka not at all! Just a bit of media hyperbole as expected, it'll be forgotten about in a week's time.

I'm sure these people went home saying "God, what a day... but Tevez holding up a tongue-in-cheek sign spoiled it all." :D

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I didn't even care. Not the most classy of things, but it was in response to Fergie saying that City wouldn't win the league in his lifetime.

It's just United fans getting their nose bent out of shape.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know what Fergie said after City won the title? "They're still 100 years behind us"

well, that respectful comment by 70 years old I guess?

5. Appy Addick

Appy Addick Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is Carlos Tevez doing nothing more than being Carlos Tevez. Smashing player when he's at his best, but two bangers short of a barbie when he's off the pitch.

I saw this being bandied about on the news this morning and my first thought was "Oh, come on, fellas.... have you really got nothing else to talk about..?"

But the City PR management did the politically correct thing... They acknowledged it was "bad", gave Tevez the slap on the wrist his naughtiness deserved and let that be the end of it.

Can we get on with talking about football now.... if that's alright with the media thought police......

6. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a f*ckin joke. Honestly who gives a shit aside from the bitters.

7. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States