Did Someone Say Playoffs!!!

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by powerplay13, Mar 4, 2017.

1. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    During the SD/Sonora series, I thought I read/or heard that Franck Tayou was out on a 4 game player suspension. But I also thought that I saw him playing and I then I thought I saw him dressed in street clothes for game 2. They also have Franck Tayou listed on the boxscore. Was his brother, Uzi, playing during the series? Anyone shed any light on this?

2. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that is why almost all of the 2 minute penalties committed by the goalkeeper results in a shootout now.

3. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I have seen GKers commit penalties this season, remain in the game, and have another player sit in the box for them. Maybe a shootout has been awarded for a break away penalty committed by a GK. That would be another good way to do it though, have a shootout awarded for all penalties committed by a GK. Then have another player in the sin bin for 2 min pp if the shootout was not scored upon.

4. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Uzi was suspended 4 games (and has to sit for Game 1 of the finals), not Franck

powerplay13 repped this.
  5. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for the update Dave, I was wondering what was going on. Just another example of how they could use a player status/injury status posting on the MASL website.

the shelts and SteveCo repped this.