Did I Buy A Fake 2008-2009 USMNT Jersey? Badge and Nike Logo NOT Embroidered

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by chrome_vapors, Oct 18, 2011.

1. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I just received a long sleeve USA jersey from 08-09 (the white one with thin red horizontal stripes) that I bought off ebay and unfortunately I'm having some concerns about its authenticity.

I noticed that both the nike logo and US soccer badge are screen printed onto the jersey and NOT embroidered like just about every other replica jersey I've seen.

I'm really hoping it's not fake however I was thinking that there is a possibility that it could just be a player issue jersey? The seller I bought it from is very reputable with 100% feedback and he also does sell a few player issue jerseys. I know player issue jerseys are just about screen printed everything, no embroidery since it's heavier. In addition to the badge and nike logo, all of the tags inside the jersey are screen printed on as well.

I know I'm asking a lot without any pics but if anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I guess I'll consolidate my post into a couple of simple questions until I can get my hands on a camera.

1.) Are the badges and nike logo on standard replica USA jerseys from 2008-2009 embroidered or screen printed?

2.) Were 2008-2009 replicas ever produced in long sleeve versions

3.) If anybody has a player issue USA jersey from those years would you mind checking the production tag on the hip and telling me where it was made? The jersey I have says it was made in Morocco

Thanks in advance.

2. Greggy

Greggy Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's probably a player issue shirt... Is the shirt lighter than your other shirts? Is it ventilated on the sides?

3. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea it's incredibly light. The stitch quality is great but the material is so thin I think I could rip it with my bare hands if I really really tried.

Looking at it now, just about the whole jersey except for one area around the neck is heavily ventilated.

4. kornflake7

kornflake7 Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of these have been popping up at Ross stores and subsequently on eBay. I've seen a few myself, but they're usually at least XXL and above. But they're legit player-issue jerseys. I imagine there's a surplus because there aren't any morbidly obese US players rocking XXXL jerseys.

7. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL yea mine is only an XL, fits much larger than any of my XL adidas jerseys and when first I tried it on my only thought was who besides Gooch could possibly fill out this jersey?

8. lenrick

lenrick New Member

Fcb
    Brazil
    Nov 20, 2017