Diaoyutai Islands or Senkaku Islands?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ludahai, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    oh jeez, i can't believe you're even debating this.

What kind of crap is the Commie government teaching you?

2. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    this shows how much Communist government isolated Tibet from Chinese and manupulated people's mind.
    Tibet has 3 major Uranium mines, along with abundant of Iron, copper and coals mines. (guess who's working on those mines)

My point was, if Chinese government really acknowlege that China is a country with various ethcnics and cultures, they would accept the differences of cultures, ethnics , languages, a way of life and treat them all equal regardless of their ethnic background.

You keep insisting Tibetans are part of Chinese but the reality is that they are not treated as other chinese.

Seizing and destroying cultural and historical Tibetan books and items, closing schools and temples, forcing monks to give up their religion, killing and arresting people prosesting and religious and political leaders, forcing those arrested people to work on mines, dumping industrial wastes on there, destoying natural environment due to reckless exploitation of mineral resources are the way to be Chinese?

3. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    if there's gonna be a war in Korea, both side will lose, there will be no winner.
    the chances N.Korea taking over S.Korea is much slim than S.Korea taking over N.Korea.
    Missiles with chemical weapon is only N.Korea's threat now.

4. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    ......the fact that you are so stupid.

5. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Bingo!!! This threat is lethal, isn't it?

6. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    If there was a war, SK and its 30 million conscripts including high school girls would get flattened in about 10 minutes. How can the dear leader not be armed to the teeth when he has to be neighbors with you lot.

7. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
  8. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I don't have time right now to comment on your Taiwan comments (be sure I will later), but this is one of the few things I can completely agree with you on. I do not join with the comments that North Korea is better than South Korea. North Korea is a paranoid, reclusive regime that is run more like a royal dictatorship than anything like South Korea, Mainland China or Taiwan Province.

9. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    This is blatant right wing Western propaganda. Think of it this way, China, like the US, is a big melting pot of cultures, obviously the most dominant one will get priority over the rest. Do you see true equality in the US?? NO, the fact is white people are still on top. Maybe in your ideal little world things would work out, but it's not the way it is.

10. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shenhua, I think I've only posted it twice and don't plan to post it again. It was much easier than writing a long post.

11. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Its not right wing propaganda or anything, its basic human right. If you cant tell the difference?

Majority rules in Democracy, thats why they have voting system to find out who has the majority support.
    Minorities also can send someone who can represent themselves, so their opinions can be heard and valued.
    Just cuz you are majority, it doesnt give you any power to violate basic human rights.
    Chinese government dont allow any 2nd opinions on their policy, they are the law and also absolute right (which is impossible in politics)

NO US or western countries government force minorities to become someone who they arent.
    also there's no such law to discriminate minorities.
    Any people can freely express their feelings and oppose government's policy.
    There are many minorities in US congress and Senate.
    Have you ever heard Chinese in US were oppressed by US government?

12. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    well you dont have to hurry it up or anything. I dont think I will be able to spare much time into this BS again.
    You probably didnt hear what CCP was claiming before you lived in there(like most other americans), but Ive heard it too many times. its all same over and over like tape recorder.

the thing is I absolutely dont trust CCP, I do really hope they turn power over to their own people peacefuly.
    that government murdered millions of their own people just cuz they had different opinions.

13. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    You obviously don't know much about US history then. There is a long history of Chinese, and Asians in general being discriminated against in the United States.

14. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I think we have both about said what we are going to say on this subject. We are both operating on completely opposite premises (well, except for the fact that North Korea is a disaster). I think at this point, let's just agree to disagree and move on. You are not going to change my mind, nor will I change yours.