DI College Players in the US Open Cup

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by soccersubjectively, May 15, 2013.

1. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve Neumann of Georgetown scored a goal for Reading.

Any others of note?

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccersubjectively repped this.
  3. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Manolo Sanchez of Clemson had a good first half on the right side of midfield for Reading United, Ben Sweat of USF came forward from the back well at times, I like Mario Pinto quite a bit but he's a D-II player (I know this thread is for D-I players).

soccersubjectively repped this.
  4. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some goalie I found...

- John McCarthy of La Salle University / Reading United kept the shutout against Lehigh Valley United
    - Rafael Diaz of St. John's / Brooklyn Italians gave up four goals, including Duka's hatrick.
    - Tomas Gomez of Georgetown / Orlando City U23s lost in PKs after a 1-1 draw.

5. should be working

Apr 9, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Tucson's starting eleven are almost all D1 players:

Connor Bevans just finished his freshman year at Gonzaga. In the Open Cup, he scored two goals in ten minutes as a sub to beat USL Pro Phoenix in the first round, and he assisted in a go-ahead goal against NASL San Antonio in the second round.

Dallas Jaye, keeper, University of South Florida, has come up with several heroic saves in the Cup.

Three FC Tucson players are between seasons at U of San Diego (which reached Elite 8 in NCAA play last year): keeper Michael D'Arrigo, midfielders Eli Galbraith-Knapp and Connor Brandt. Striker Stephen Posa finished his eligibility with USD in fall 2011.

Travis Campbell, New Mexico
    Brandon Zimmerman, Santa Clara
    David Clemens, Virginia Tech
    Tim Harbison, Liberty University (VA)

Tucson went out tonight in the third round, losing to Houston 2-0. They won $15,ooo for advancing the furthest of all PDL teams (all the PDL teams went out in the third round, and Tucson won the award because they had beaten two professional teams to get there).

Zamphyr and soccersubjectively repped this.