DFB Pokal 2018/2019

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by LuckyStriker, Aug 19, 2018.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a hockey guy by birth, so...........if 3 or more guys get a hat trick for your team in a game..........can I call it a hat rack? :whistling:

Poor team was outclassed, nice to see them score 1. Retired guy came back to make it his last game, got MotM.

Biggest takeaway for me (Beside 1-11) was that the new striker is figuring out his new teammates a bit better. Much more comfortable with his runs and positioning. Still needs more time in finishing school before I can relax.

There will no doubt need to be another adjustment when the Captain returns.......meanwhile-I just hope they saved a few tallies for the Aspirin in a week.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and kgilbert78 repped this.
  2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad we weren't Frankfurt...:ROFLMAO::D

LuckyStriker repped this.
  3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Asspirin will go down against the strong and agile "PUMA" this time around...anything but a victoruy at Borussia Park against those chumps is not acceptable.
    :thumbsup::cautious::eek::ninja::alien::devilish:

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have a feeling we are only a couple of steps away from becoming the Buli's fav opponent for other teams....right back at it in typical Gladbach fashion...all that fuss about hecking,his new system,the tean's depth and great signings..and how they have finally managed to get the major problems out of the way as a unit...all too good to be true.
    Getting hammered at home by 5 gates!!!!?????:confused::confused::speechless::speechless::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

5. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Next match is at home against hapless Fortuna...so Gladbach will find back their form...the team is good...5:0 can happen in bad days...Leverkusen front four has lot of talent and ruthless

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fortuna's quality is not what you see in Buli table...so are the rest of the Buli teams,on a good day any of the 18 in that table can creat massive results.On paper what you say is true..we should be able to brush them aside with ease...but in reality they are a well coached team and whats at stake for them is much important with their backs against the wall..the only edge i give my beloved Fohlen's is that we will be hosting at Borussia Park.As for Neverkusen and their quality...ill i can say is that they had an extremly good day...just like the one we had against Hollywood@ AA.The first couple of goals where absolutely unnecesarry...but then thats the beauty of football.What is alarming is the fact that i can see the same problem we have been dealing with in the past coupe of decades ( even under favre) is creeping slowly back and taking over..and thats the simple fact that we cant keep a certain amount of min performance quality..even when we have the momentum and right result's under our wings.We suddenly fall from an 8 to a 2 and get caught in the hedlights like a deer from Nebraska . There has been much praise for our new D-system but ever since Veste left we are missing a part in the middle and there is a void and it is growing.We also cant score on set pieces and CK's...Plea gave us some spark there but he got injured of course.Last time we had some weight in that dept was when Juan Arango was still a Borusse.
    Anyways am very worried about the Fortuna game...ive been around the blocks many times and since i was only 5-6 years old....and ive seen stranger things happen than loosing to Fortuna.Like what happened in Euro finals against Liverpool or even worse..lossing to Real in Spain after crushing them at Dusseldorf 5-1 under Heynckes.Of course in that game in Spain Uefa and its corrupt officials kept their eyes entirly closed on the reverse fixture in Madrid!

;);):eek::eek:o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::ninja::ninja::alien::alien::devilish::devilish: