Dexter - Season 6 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Felixx219, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so sad with this season. It's so damned predictable.

It's lost its surprise.

The only thing truly interesting has been the posing of the victims.

2. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Agreed. I even kind of miss last season. Especially since the Lumen-Dexter almost getting caught by Deb scene was one of the most suspenseful scenes in the whole series. Well, to me, anyway.

And now? It's kind of a yawn fest.

Although there hasn't been any Cody-Aster scenes. So, I guess that's a plus ...

3. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Predictable? Really? Neither of you were surprised to learn that Gellar was dead and Travis was acting alone? Seriously?

I was completely floored by that.

4. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predicted that a couple episodes ago. Too many Sixth Sense moments. We only ever saw him talking to Travis. Every time Dexter turns around, he's gone, sneaking behind a pillar or something else. Travis, in the last episode says, "There's Gellar" and they get out of the car to go chase him.

And Gellar always makes Travis do things. "Go get her." "Get them both." And I'm expected to believe that Gellar is always able to club Travis over the head so that he's conveniently found unconscious when Dexter comes? I think they did that twice.

Yup... predictable.

One thing.... I forgot above. I have found Deb at LT kind of interesting. It's probably the only thing from the books that has stuck with me though. Deb wasn't that good a detective in the books. She needs Dexter all the time to figure things out for her... so I do like that she has some brains.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't know.....this season is starting to lose me.

6. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was predicted by a lot of people by the 3rd or 4th epi of the season. I was kind of against it but as the season went on, I was more and more open to it being true. It definitely was not a surprise considering no one else had seen or talked to Gellar the entire season.

7. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Doomsday Killer storyline has been dull. However, with them having Bautista and them potentially attacking the police station, it may get a lot better in the last couple of episodes.

But, I think the Deb with her shrink storyline and Masuska's intern storylines are intriguing. That shrink is going to open Deb up to the real Dexter and something is up with the intern. I kind of wonder if he knows what Dexter really is.

8. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This show really whirls. Dexter needs to pull off a major move to re-conceal his true identity and aspirations. He has open himself up to others at least 6 times. Hes done in 2 innocent individuals and one last night. Although the one last night was a pop up bad guy. He did break open Dexter's physics games. And the show as taken on a multitude of government branches which are in the game of control. I understand. Miami is a rich town but Black Op military with shadow government miosis. A potential political candidness with law enforcement family members and the regular FBI and CIA connections. There is a whole lot of unknowns in there that could pull perception back in order of his original intentions. Still 3 Girlfriends and many unbelievable latter. He finally gives in to weaknesses. They said this was the season of all seasons and he seems trapped right now. It will be difficult guidelines but Dexter should keep us entertain'd...

9. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Maybe you're pregnant.

First of all, ******** you.

And second of all, that would be the immaculate conception ...

And lastly, ******** you.

FYI: If Deb is in fact pregnant, I'm done with this show. I've already got Mary from In Plain Sight pregnant and about to become a mom. The last thing I need is for Deb to follow suit. It's getting old.

===

Most of this episode was pretty meh, but the ending was good, and the set up looks very, very good for the next two episodes. Just wish they could have taken some of the suspense for the rest of the season.

-- Batista in trouble because Joey's losing it. Of course, it's as much Batista's fault as Quinn's, since he wouldn't make him get help, or report him. Yeah, I know, partners and all that ... but seriously, he's also the one who's got your back. Or not, as the case may be. I wonder if this is going to be one of those, 'I screwed up and put your life on the line, now I'm going to make it up to you by finding/rescuing you, but I'm going to die in the process,' type scenarios with Quinn.

-- Batista should have kept walking once he saw the books and then called for backup of some kind. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

-- Matthews name on the account that sent the flowers. They didn't think to do that when they first found the girl? That's kind of sloppy. In fact, the whole dead hooker thing has been unnecessary. Unless this is what leads to Deb getting demoted/stepping down as lieutenant.

-- Dexter's been so sloppy and so one-step-behind. Very curious.

Previews:

-- If Deb dies, I'm going to punch something. Repeatedly. And possibly not come back to the series. Especially if the new seasons aren't any better.

-- I wondered when Dexter's face would appear on a tableau. I'm guessing he finds some paint thinner and splashes it down when the time comes.

-- Anyone else think computer game guy is a serial killer in the making that Dexter will have to deal with in a future season?

10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    When Raza(?) here made his comment, I was all like, 'No, no way.' But ever since then, I kept looking and waiting and thinking and then it was obvious. So, I cheated a bit. :D

11. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile

Do people really post videos of themselves online expressing approval and admiration of serial killers? Is that a thing? Either way, I don’t want to know.

I’m blame Quinn for what happened to his partner. He needs to take a leave of absence or something and get it together. He’s been drunk or hungover most of the season. Batista’s disappearance (assuming Travis locks him up somewhere and doesn’t kill him) will hopefully snap Quinn out of his self loathing and make him realize he’s being a knob. Up until this point Quinn was being pathetic but his absence tonight added to what happened to Batista crosses a line and (EDIT: I hope) he’ll redeem himself by saving his partner.

12. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    The intern is all over Dexter for some reason. Each time Dexter is on the computer, either the intern is there. The last episode Dexter has been on and off his computer, each time the computer screen is shown as Dex "logs" off.

You gotta believe the intern is all over Dexter's computer. Lewis can also digitally track his moves. Feeling brushed off by Dexter, this guy is going to show his true self. In his game, you can be the serial killer.

13. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    BTW if such a huge lead, a 911 call, comes around, you know the team working the case will listen to the recording. They have to recognize Dexter's voice.

Quinn kicking a door down of a burning home to save his partner. Too neat.

14. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They cannot kill her. This whole series is a lead up to her finding out what Dexter is. Without that, this show might as well have never ran.

15. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    From the last episode talking about Travis's psych eval and his sister.

Deb: It's so odd, his sister said she was such a nice guy.
    Dex: Maybe she didn't know.
    Deb: Anything's possible.

16. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    From the last episode talking about Travis's psych eval and his sister.

Deb: It's so odd, his sister said she was such a nice guy.
    Dex: Maybe she didn't know.
    Deb: Anything's possible.

It's a slowly building ahead of steam to Deb finding out what Dexter is. The Psychiatrist is helping a lot.

I am going to take a stab in the dark but what if the intern is part of an FBI sting? I know it's a longshot though ut he is way too smart to be just an intern.

Intern: You have you choice of being the detective or the serial killer.
    Dex; What?
    Intern: You have a choice to be Jeffrey Dahmer, Jack the Ripper or the Bay Harbour Butcher.
    Dex (internal thought process): I AM THE BAY HARBOUR BUTCHER

I laughed at that bit.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    By not calling police, Dexter indirectly killed the "whore."

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I'm really disappointed the writers have basically completely ignored this aspect of the show this season. He has done about 50 things to get caught at this point. How full is that hotel room of his and Travis' prints? Isn't there a security camera somewhere that'd show them together? Isn't someone going to wonder why he keeps accessing police files on people that disappear shortly thereafter?
    Either the show is brilliantly demonstrating how little Dexter cares about getting caught (and all this is basically a desire to finally get caught and stop the lying) or they've gotten incredibly sloppy this season, which is a major turn-off.

Sadly, I'm guessing it's the latter.

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    To be fair, his Serial Killer Code isn't exactly "First Do No Harm" :p

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Unfortunately, it seems 98% of all great shows go through this funk. You can only be excellent for so many seasons. Either way, just knowing (or hoping) that Deborah will one day find out who is Dexter will make me continue watching this show. When that day comes, it will be (or should be) one of the best scenes ever.

21. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I'm going for the former. I think this is being done deliberately.....not that he cares little about being caught but he is not covering his tracks as he should.

The conversations with Harry, telling Jonah he killed his father and letting JOnah live, shooting at the billboard, killing Brother Sam's killer on impulse, the pen from the Kearny motel.

The writers (IMHO) are showing that Dex is getting sloppy. He's going to get caught.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, for starters we know there is a security camera at the marina where the dead girl is, which the cops will obviously look at in the next episode and see Dexter in. If that doesn't happen next, it would seem to be a major flaw in the show.

But with regards to your 3rd question, I find it hard to believe that the police would be able to make that link in real life. If Dexter was a suspect they might be able to put 2 & 2 together, but you have to know what you're looking for before you can see that sort of pattern IMO.

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I thought about that as well. Of course, they're unlikely to look at Dexter wandering around hours after the boat was gone - what does it matter? Dexter could also have, in theory, erased the previous 5 minutes of footage, though now we're getting into pretty extensive ifs and buts.
    Using his own cell phone though, that's a dead giveaway. Can't believe the police won't pick up on that!

Oh, not to find him now, but if they're investigating who may have helped Travis subsequently? They well may.

24. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    The dude is interning for the sole purpose of creating the game. He is rather successful in his IT work.

If he and Dex don't have some sort of final confrontation, the intern is gone at the end of this season, I am guessing that Dex may end up teaching the intern the code. Dexter was harsh to the guy, telling to do something else.

In some sort of twist of fate, Dexter is killed. Maybe even Deb ends up killing him, but the show can always return (as the writers have mentioned) with Dexter being the intern's dark passenger.

The key to the story this season is all about Harrison.

Dexter is having a midlife serial killer crisis of some sort. Seeing what the Tooth Fairy had become, looking for a higher power to guide him in giving Harrison a choice, not making him a serial killer or the fatalistic thinking that he was destined to be one.

Either way, even being the star of the show and only killing killers, Dexter is a bad man and by most standards evil and a monster. He can't be a chair when he is a table.

25. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    OK

Last night was weird. That dream was just gross. Considering that the lead character murders people, that’s saying something.

I'm glad Wormwood was a bust though. That lady was en epic FAIL. Once again, Dexter’s prepared kill-room when unused. But I'm glad he survivid the Lake of Fire. Maybe it's just the kid in me but when I heard Lake of Fire, Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire got stuck in my head. I was whistling it to work this morning.

EDIT: I'm not having Chinese food for a while.