Dexter - Season 6 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Felixx219, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's her. She was also on Friday Night Lights for a few episodes.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Next episode looks insane.

3. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Yep. One and the same.

I don't see the Brother Sam character staying on for more that 1 season. He is either going to die by the hands of Dexter or the Geller/Marshall duo. My money is on the dynamic death duo since Brother Def's stance on helping his flock and not being afraid to die. Having Brother Sam's death by the hands of the Marshall and Geller would motivate Dexter by killing a "friend". Anyway he hasn't given Dexter many reasons to be on the table. Either way, so long Mos Def.

I'm slowly warming up to Detective Matthews.

Oh and Bonnie Lass- the Apocalypse/Horsemen bit was religous in overtone but visually was top notch. There is a lot of it coming from the newer characters.

I'm glad this season is shaping up to be better than season 5, which was a letdown for me personally. Season 5 was a letdown because Season 4 was such a highwater mark, but Dexter seemed off the mark in Season 5 with Lumen as a sidekick. Also the pseudo-love story arc with Lumen didn't help. The Group in Season 5 didn't do it for me as well.

EDIT - I just thought of something....the same way Dexter talks to Harry, Marshall talks to Professor Gellar. That could be an interesting plotline.

I also found this --> http://tvdonewright.com/2011/10/dexter-spoiler-season-6-twist-that-could-change-it-all/

Anyone have a favorite kill or anything to share?

4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The chat with Quinn about being dark or bad, the way she took the arm with the nails, how she's sucking up to Masuka ... A potential CopyCat killer maybe?

5. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    This season starts one year after the end of the previous season. Looks like writters wanted distance themselves from the entire direction.

Religion is a part of the overall theme. In part, it makes religion, how so called religious types really act, look like they are living a lie. They lie to themselves.

With the death of the tooth fairy and when drops his little box, it is real soul searching time. His son has forced him to look at his life and where and what he wants to be. The dark passenger never leaves you, but is dexter willing to fight him everyday or scratch that itch everytime?

6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They said they wanted a fresh start and made the season out a way so that the Rita/Lumen storylines would be something of the past.

7. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There is something up with her but I dont know what it is. I am not sure she could be a killer, she seems to bubbly. But, Dexter seems to be able to sense other killers and we havent seen them interact yet.

8. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone else read the books? I am reading the first one right now.

9. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I thought I'd wait until the series ended first, then get into the books.

10. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished the first one and is pretty much on par with the first season but obviously much shorter. However, the synopsis of the rest of the books do not come close to it and they seem kind of cheesy so I dont know if I will read them.

11. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    That's pretty much why I figured I'd wait until the series was done first. They had some interesting parts not in the series that I'm looking forward to reading, but I don't want them messing with my overall series experience. If that makes sense.

12. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Makes perfect sense. I saw The Beach with Leonardo DiCaprio and thought it was good (of course I was in HS and thought punk red hair and getting my lip pierced was a good idea too). I read the book and it was marked better.

If I read a book before I see the movie I end up being more critical. WH is this new character, they forgot this subplot, etc etc.

My brother in-law is a HUGE X-Men fan. I have only watched 1 movie with him...and not even all of it. :(

13. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is a case where what has been put on film is much better than what is on paper.

14. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I think she is a fan of the Ice Truck Killer. As a result, she may put together that Dexter was his brother or that Dexter killed the Ice Truck Killer.

I think that is where she may come in this season.

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Quinn and Angel getting high was funny :D The waitresses death was off the hook, it's really starting to heat up.

16. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or maybe she just wanted some money for rent. Is this a red herring or is there more too it.

17. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so happy the books were made into a series. Unfortunately, the books are lacking. I read the first two, but the writing of the first is mediocre. I noticed it when I read them long before the series began. A friend recommended them to me, and I was pretty disappointed. The storyline was ok. I liked the second better.

But, the series! I can't get enough. As a teacher, it drives me crazy having to tell students over and over that the books are so much better than the movies/mini-series/etc., but in this case it is absolutely true.

I sincerely believe they're not worth reading if you have seen the show.

Well... maybe the second should be read. Sure was a lot more interesting.

18. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Your the first person I have seen say that. I have been told by many people not to even read the books because they are crap and I have not seen a single person say that they prefer the books to the show. I have read the synopsis' of the other books and they just seem a little far-fetched and cheesy. Astor and Cody both having a dark passenger and Dexter teaching them the way? That just seems a little ridiculous.

19. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He changed his name to Yasiin Bey earlier this year and that's what they're running in the credits.

20. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    The artist formerly known as Mos Def. Nah....he'll always be Mos Def to me.

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He also stars in a great movie called Something The Lord Has Made. He is a helluva of an actor. Definitely worth checking out based on a true story concerning the first cardio surgery.

22. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dexter showed some real emotion in this episode, probably the most ever except for maybe the first episode of last season when he lost it and killed the guy in the swamp over his loss of Rita.

The relationship between Brother Sam and Dexter is interesting; he may end up being Dexter's first real friend in his life other than his sister developed in a normal situation (unlike Lumen and Jimmy Schmidt's character who became friends in unconventional ways). You could, of course, include his co-workers but those are more professional, forced friendships rather than a real friendship that is developed over time through real life interactions and Sam was a target for his table not once, but twice. I like the character but I have to wonder if Sam ends up making a mistake and killing again and finally ends up on Dexter's table.

They can end this series in one of three ways: Dexter decides to quit his extra curricular activities, Dexter gets busted, or someone Dexter is hunting finally gets the best of him instead of Dexter winning the battle. If they are going to go the route of the first one, maybe Brother Sam is that missing link that leads him down a different bath. But, I think that first choice is a chicken shit way to end things. I really want Deb to find things out and have to be town between the choice of taking him in or letting him continue. If the series ends any other way, I will be disappointed. I think Dexter saying that when Deb took her promotion that she could lead the headhunt for him someday was a little foreshadowing towards the second option.

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    That waitress's death was so like Saw movies.

24. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    It was with Alan Rickman, who he also was in the newer "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Not as good as the BBC series.

EDIT: I am really dropping the ball this season. I have not seen one episode on time, kept up with previews or anything.

25. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Emotionally, Dexter's first reaching out was when he killed his brother. Dexter said something to the effect that he wasn't supposed to wake up when he was on the table and offered some more drugs to knock him out. That, imo, was one of the first times I remember him actually being somewhat human and compassionate. It wasn't as severe as him breaking down, killing the redneck and crying like a newborn babe after Rita was killed.

I think that Brother Sam is going to die at the hands of the antagonists. I know he won't make it to Season 7.

Or to throw another theory out there. Dexter mistakenly kills Brother Sam based on false evidence. These things happen in real life, so why not on TV? That will throw Dexter's belief on the Code all to hell. I mean he made up his mind earlier to kill Brother Sam when he thought Brother Sam had killed an employee. Why not again? Everyone Dexter has put down deserved it (minus Prado's brother and I don't remember if that was ever justified). What happens if Dexter kills an innocent person?

Of course you are talking to someone who has seen snippets of this season. ;):D