Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by juventino13, Aug 21, 2011.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    been playing it for a few days now (since Friday i think) awesome so far. keeps in the same format as the old deus ex but with a few new weapons and features. the graphics arent that great but that doesnt take away from the fun of the game. Just got out of the thai yong medical center and im about to start the mission in montreal. so far the story is good. cant wait to beat it, but i assume i still have a long ways to go. good stuff, i recommend it.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Has anyone else played this? If it is even 10% as good as the original then I am in.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    its gonna bring back a lot of memories from the old one. pick it up, its real good. what pisses me off is the long loading times and what i find as pointless boss fights, but the story is solid, gameplay is solid as well even though enemy AI could be better. overall its a fun game and im just getting started so i still dont have the full story to tell

4. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The thing I hate about stealth games? Hiding bodies. To paraphrase Snatch, I create the bodies, I don't erase the bodies.

5. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    The boss fights suck and don't add or fit in with the story. The last level and all endings suck as well. I don't know how they managed to make such a good game but totally balls up such major areas.

6. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The one great thing about the boss battles was being able to finally bust some decent caps in asses.

See, that's the one thing that baffles me about Deus Ex: HR - why the game has so many damn guns and so many modifications for said guns, and then goes and makes the use of them not only unnecessary but actually counter-productive in 95% of the game (since you get more experience for non-lethal takedowns). In fact, if you really want to min/max, you can literally play through the entire game with just two weapons - a combat rifle for bosses, a tranq rifle for everything else - and skip the inventory space upgrades.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not familiar with this game, how many have there been before this new one? Are they all connected story wise?

8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe this is the 3rd installment, but it's actually a prequel to the first game which was released in 2000 (?).

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i know exactly what you mean, and that definitely does hurt the game. but at least it doesnt take away from the experience of what the game is supposed to be

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    If you take-down a guard, does the fraction of a second where he knows you're there count as being spotted? Does it mean you lose your Ghost rating for that mission?

Or does taking down anyone lose you your Ghost rating?

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Okay, figured it out myself.

Is it just me or are there precious few side-quests? Or am I just missing a lot of them? :confused:

12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just started delving into this yesterday. I've only just upgraded my first augmentation, so I'm way early into the game it seems, but so far me likey.

Similar to a lot of the reviews I've read, it seems far less RPG-ish than games like Mass Effect, etc. And that's a good thing, at least for me, because I feel like those other games had too much extraneous "stuff" that took away from the game/story immersion.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Is there a way to save Malik - you know what mission I'm talking about - and still earn the Ghost rating?

14. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i never played the 1st one

but i say that this game is just so so

maybe i am just not into the Futuristic theme

because i am, after all a Fantasy lover guy, so, maybe the setting turns me off

the only thing i like about this game is the cover system

15. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It's an alright stealth game but I very much doubt I will replay it soon after finishing my first play-through.

16. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll tell ya, Barrett sure is one big, mean, tough cookie to take down.

Still trying ...

[result]I mean, I come up against him with a couple EMPs, which seem to slow him down temporarily, but it's so early in the game that I don't have any dermal armor augs and he mows me down when I try to move from cover.[/result]

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Barrett is the easiest of the three boss battles I've encountered so far. [result]You can significantly shorten the battle by throwing some of the explosive barrels and cannisters at him.[/result]

18. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man, if that's the case then I can't wait until the latter ones. :eek:

[result]Damn, I forget about picking up and throwing stuff. I usually just move crates/boxes to access vent ducts, etc.

One question ... does he stay in the central area of the room, or does he wander into the outer "ring"?[/result]

Thanks for the tip.

19. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's supposedly doable, but at that point I had so many augs that I didn't really feel the need to exp-whore anymore and just started blowing shit up.

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Finished it yesterday. I enjoyed the play-through, but I'm not sure if it has great re-playability value. With Dragon Age I'd jump in for an immediate replay, but I don't feel like doing that with this game...

21. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Played through the original, am now in the middle of Invisible War. I'll tackle a replay of HR after I finish IW.

22. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Missing Link DLC was released today and should be available on XBL, PSN, and Steam. I haven't had a chance to play it yet and plot-related spoilers are few and far between, but if I had to hazard a guess, chances are that the title refers to either a link between previous mechano-augs and Adam (some explanation as to why they require neuropozyne and he doesn't) or between Adam and the Denton brothers.

23. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'm close to finishing this. Just "landed" in Shanghai - more like shot down by a SAM - and am on the lam. Don't know if I should've stayed to rescue Malik, but I can't go back now.

24. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I replayed that part several times until I managed to save her.

25. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so I don't want to post spoilers or anything, and I've looked at some walkthroughs online because I am stuck. I'm supposed to be finding the GPL, but when I follow the map marker I end up coming through a door where there's a harvester standing with his back to me, and about 4 or 5 more within a small radius. But, from the walkthroughs I've read, it seems like I'm supposed to come to this door from the "outside", i.e. having to deal with the harvesters before I hack/enter the door.

Anyone know where I'm at and/or help me figure out what I'm supposed to do? I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.