Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, Mar 28, 2017.

1. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew deep down you were going to go over to PS4, I was looking out for my future....

NORML and Dills repped this.
  2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Up to what I believe is the final campaign mission, some of those late game missions are fantastic, especially on The Almighty. I ended up scoring a sparrow through an engram too last night. Listening to a podcast talk about the Raid and they were saying it took about 15 hours over 5 days to complete, that is crazy, really hope to try and do a Raid run this time around.

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's probably because they were going in blind, trying to figure out the mechanics, etc. People are cruising through them in a couple hours now, thanks to all the guides out there.

My Warlock currently sits at 265+, and I'm slowly working through all the locations, mainly adventures, finding the lost sectors, Cayde's stashes, regional chests, and whatnot. So far, only the EDZ and Titan have been "completed". Started doing some on Nessus. Haven't even touched Io outside the campaign missions.

General Disarray repped this.
  4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question, is the cut scene after the credits a foreshadowing of future DLC or for the Raid?

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the Raid, but perhaps future DLC or maybe even Destiny 3. Or maybe it's the Nine.

NORML repped this.
  6. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda hope it isn't for Destiny 3. My hope is that by the end of all the DLC for Destiny 2 the Humans and Guardians have begun to branch out beyond this solar system.

7. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    farmed Io this weekend, trying to get all the gear from there. managed to get the helmet and chest piece.

8. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I truly enjoyed the campaign this time around, I find it incredibly hard to take my other characters through it now that I have the end game unlocked.

What faction is everyone gonna sign up to tonight? Dead Orbit for me. Bummer that there aren't any new ones.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, I've done it on all 3 players so far and it's been a struggle. Thankfully I did two characters with my kid so that was cool, but half the time I was just like, let's end this already.

Since I have all 3 characters at level 20 and finished the campaign, my Hunter will be FWC, Titan DO and Warlock NM.

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The definition of "hedging your bets". :cool:

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely, why not. That's how I did it in D1, only time my Hunter or Titan was a different faction was when I needed to reach Rank 25 to get the Exotic Class item.

Dills repped this.
  12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @NORML ... did I see right, you're doing D2 on PS4 now?

13. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I started up a character on my ps4. Haven't gotten very far though, at the 2nd mission on Titan with a level 4 Hunter.

14. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

NORML repped this.
  15. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leveled up a few times with DO, got several shaders, a couple of hand cannons and the helmet.

16. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do I have this right, weapons in the second slot can be just as strong as those in the first slot but have a potential to have elemental damage to them?

17. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First slot - kinetic
    Second slot - energy, kinetic equivalents with elemental damage
    Third slot - power (snipers, shotguns, RLs, fusion, all w/ elemental)

So, basically, you can have the game gun type (hand cannon, for example) in the first and second slot.

NORML repped this.
  18. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I infused a scout rifle from my 2nd slot into my Haunted Earth and was surprised I could. After that I started experimenting around with assaults and pulse rifles between the two and noticed some in the second slot were dealing out more damage from range. I just always assumed the second slot was for more close range combat.

19. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also keep an eye out on those +5 damage mods. They do not infuse from one weapon to another.

20. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feel like I am just getting high enough with my weapons and gear that I am gonna start playing around with the mods. Is there a place to purchase purple mods? Also do the mods increase your base power level on stuff. I mean say I have a 265 chest, if I equip a 5 defense mod on it does that mean it is a 270 chest?

21. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you can purchase purple (legendary) mods from the gunsmith. And, after you reach level 280, I read that you can turn in 3 (?) of the same blue (rare) mod to make a purple version.

Some, not all, mods do increase by +5. So, an item with base level of 265 with that mod would give you 270. HOWEVER, that +5 mod does not carry over if that item is infused into another. But, on the flip side, if you take that 270 (265+5), and infuse into it something higher than 265, the base level increases PLUS the 5 extra. In other words, 265+5, use a 268 item as infusion fuel, power level then becomes 273 (268+5).

22. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like I am definitely gonna need to use those mods, seems every drop you get now out in the field is only 260.

Also there are too damn few strikes!

23. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure you complete the weekly milestones which have a chance at dropping higher power-level gear. The other vendors will reward higher level stuff, too. Cayde's chests can contain legendary/exotic engrams. Heroic public events, too. Ikora's meditations - replaying 3 campaign missions each week - can drop good stuff, too (the opening mission's armor, mainly). Have you taken advantage of the clan reward engrams?

Not having strike scoring and/or strike-specific rewards is hindering them.

24. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, I know about the vendors and clan reward engrams but everything else not so sure about.

I'd feel happier rerunning strikes if I knew it increased my chance of having a better drop at the end. That isn't the case is it? Even if that was the case these strikes just don't feel as fun or intense as the strikes from Destiny 1.

25. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got the Rat King over the weekend...:)

Dills repped this.