Desperate BSSM Assault Continues

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Bill Archer, Apr 13, 2004.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Actually I was moderator of N&A for probably close to a year. Thanks for noticing. I think Lastort and I proved that it does work, just that you need to rotate the moderators every so often.

I assume the first statement is sarcasm, so thanks for reading the entire thread where I repeatedly mention what a thankless job moderating is and that I think it's probably as good as it can be. I've been in your shoes. I couldn't measure up to "my standards." I quit because the public crap I was getting bothered my girlfriend, and I was busy trying to start a soccer magazine and didn't want the "conflict of interest" stuff (though that was mostly B&M and not US N&A).

And I agree that US Mens N&A has improved over the last year, but I suspect that has more to do to the gap between the WC and WCQ than anything else. The fun is about to start all over again!

Basically we're in agreement.

2. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer DK's.

3. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    if you have other funny rep ideas, we'll use em

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not that's comedy! :D

5. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does that include ones for negative rep? :D

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Are you sure about that year? I figured I was exaggerating, but I didn't think I was off by that much. Unfortunately, we can't go back and check. My memory of how successful hard ass moderating was may also be different. Maybe nancyb has some memory of those days.

I don't mean to sound like I'm taking your comments personally - given that I'm always asking your opinion on various boards, I think it's clear that I value your input. But I still think that people tend to exaggerate how bad things are.

My problem with N&A is that during and after games -- it's just too crowded so that we have 100 people expressing a two or three line opinion, without much debate. But you just learn that the interesting debates usually occur a few days after games when the dust settles and people rewatch games, etc.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why my platform includes advocating a mandatory 24-hour waiting period after US Nats games and all tennis overruns into MLS programming before anyone can post. :)

8. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh ye of little faith. We can bottle that hate up for 24 hours and hit you with hurricane force stupidity :D

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then, back to my other idea: shoot morons.

10. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hey, don't lump me in with people who feel at all bad about this sort of thing. I have literally nothing better to do with my life than to troll other trolls, and even if I did have something better to do I would still make time for it.

Addiction doesn't always enter into it. There are some people who smoke crack because they enjoy its bold, refreshing flavor, you know.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my first-ever Quick Reply: There's Loney for you. Hey, he's honest. I wish I could rep you for that one.

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    How the hell did an Archer thread turn into a proper discussion? So not fun any more.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not helping. :)

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, it was closer to a year. And if I recall Mike and I were made moderators - neither of us asked for the job. Nancy was added later. To be honest, I don't know why I lasted as long as I did. Maybe I just wanted to see if I could beat the jacknuts down. I couldn't. :(
    This is true.

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I remember going after Axis Alex. Then there was the magic period of time when the two of us tag-teamed while beating him. Then I faded away and you continued to thrash his corpse for what? Going on four years now? :)

16. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, this is what I'm saying.

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Shut up, you!

18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Fixed your post.

19. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't recall it as being an entire year. I do recall being enraged by what I considered arbitrary closings, mergings and movings. I also recall that I'd offered to mod Fans and Travel and the ended up with the whole kit and caboodle. I'm pretty sure I can even find the date on which this happened due to a certain news event that was deemed non-news on N&A.

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny the first time.

21. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It was all pre-crash. You are, and always were, the very definition of "moderator" in my estimation.