Derby Sevillano

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Pichi, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well it couldn't have come any sooner after a two year hiatus for reasons I will not mention, the first Derby Sevillano in the 2011-12 season is scheduled for week one of the liga yes week 1. 20/21 August in Heliopolis, I guess they couldn't have picked a better time for this match since half if not all of Sevilla will be on vacation at the beach or somewhere else so I guess that means lot's of Beticos will be travelling back to Sevilla for the match then heading back to the playa.

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    The Best of Seville will come & show their true colors...Los VerdiBlancos!!!

3. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Tickets for the public for both matches are set at 40 Euros as agreed to by both clubs for cheapest seats, and in Betis case go up to 90 Euros for the most expensive seats.

Ese Beti Oe!!

4. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting article on the mindset at Betis. Some would say defeatist, I say realist.

Jeffersen Montoro Is Safe

(ROOTERS) Betis forward J. Montoro will not be considered for punishment by Betis Balompie, according to officials. Montoro was spotted by reporters completing his Quintella with Sevilla winning on all bet lines. When asked why he would bet against against his own team, he dryly stated, "What do you think, I'm stupid? Of course I will pick Sevilla, we know we have no chance against them."

When asked about Montoro betting for Sevilla, Betis goalie Fabricia simply stated he didn't see it as an issue. "That is not a bet, it's a sure thing," Fabricia said. I know I can't stop that team, and we know we can't score on them in their house. This is going to be a slaughter, and Betis is playing the roll of the steer."

Betis trainer Jose Melt was even more blunt, "There is no issue, he would be a fool not to pick Sevilla. To be honest, I'm more concerned on how we can possibly stay in La Liga next year. We're just lucky to be in the same league with Sevilla."