Deportivo vs Real Madrid | La Liga - Matchday 1 | 20.08.2017 | 21:15 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, Aug 19, 2017.

1. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]
    Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid
    2017/18 Spanish LaLiga
    Date: Sunday, 20th August 2017
    Kick off at 21:15 UK/ 22:15 CET
    Venue: Estadio Municipal de Riazor.

Real Madrid head to Deportivo La Coruna this weekend as Zinedine Zidane takes charge of his second full season at Los Vikingos, having already won back-to-back Champions League titles and La Liga last term.

The league's opening weekend will also provide a chance for La Coruna to cause an upset on home soil, as Pepe Mel's men aim to build on their relegation escape at the back-end of the 2016-17 campaign.

Mel's charges come into the new campaign aiming to put some distances between themselves and what has been a testing few years for the Galicia-based club.

La Coruna were able to fend off relegation from the Spanish top-flight last season, having finished in 16th place in the league standings.

Following a string of troubling showings during the middle of the 2016-17 term, Deportivo were able to showcase the necessary fight towards the end of the campaign, as they produced positive results against the likes of Barcelona, Malaga and Las Palmas in order to push towards safety.

Mel will have his work cut out this season, though, given that the club have been rather quiet in the current transfer window, while frontman Joselu has now left following the conclusion of his loan. The club have done one promising piece of business, however, following the acquisition of centre-back Fabian Schar from Hoffenheim.

One further option that might please Deportivo fans is the possible return of Lucas Perez, although no deal has been reached with Arsenal for the frontman, who could potentially prove vital should La Coruna want to retain their La Liga status come the end of next spring.

The new La Liga season arrives with Madrid finding themselves in much of the same fluent form in which Zidane's charges finished last term. Since the club's memorable Champions League win over Juventus, Real have gone on to claim both the UEFA Super Cup and Supercopa de Espana with consummate ease.

Madrid's return to dominance in Spain has come partly as a result of Zidane's stewardship, and the French coach now enters only his second full season in charge having already won two Champions League titles in a row, as well as leading the club to La Liga glory just a couple of months ago.

Much of Zidane's success has been built on a trusting relationship with his players, especially Cristiano Ronaldo, and that partnership with his charges has seen the Frenchman assemble a squad that now includes a number of experienced veterans alongside a crop of youngsters who are playing with enough confidence to shine.

The summer departures of both Alvaro Morata and James Rodriguez might have caused issues for other coaches, although Zidane has already shown enough faith in the likes of Marco Asensio and Casemiro to suggest that Real have the necessary talent within their own ranks without having to dip too much into the summer market.

Madrid make the trip to Deportivo with the confidence of nine away wins on the bounce in the league, while also knowing that their past nine fixtures against Deportivo have all ended in victories.

The obvious challenge for Zidane heading into La Liga's opening weekend will be the one facing Ronaldo, who will be serving the start of his five-match ban after pushing an official during the club's recent first-leg win over Barcelona in the Supercopa.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...eportivo-la-coruna-vs-real-madrid_305139.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

temesgen, Deep Pal, Tobias19 and 6 others repped this.
  2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "19.08.2017 | 16:15 CET ???"
    Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing.. Correct the title.

3. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry mate that's my own time zone. My bad :sleep:

4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not about the timezone, you missed the date. It's not 19th, it's 20th. It's also not 16:15 CET but 21:15 CET.

9Qui repped this.
  5. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So most likely CL final line-up with Bale in for the sanctioned Cristiano it seems.

6. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :eek:

done . This damn night shifts I hate it

7. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So important to win. We should keep our winning rythme.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Starting game threads in RMBS is a form of art. Next crap thread he makes mods should give him a yellow :D.

9. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It's such a shame your fingers are broken. :D

S1na, RMSocrates and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zizou left Kova out, Not sure if he is injured or god forbid he's on "to sell "list

12. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has a hip problem, he isn't getting sold.

Deep Pal, RM or None and Fuera del Juego repped this.
  14. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Yep. The graphic you posted, Real or None, has him listed as injured.

RM or None repped this.
  15. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I'm eager to see how this goes. We had a good run in the cup games, but I'm still not totally convinced about our goal scoring. We dominated a lot of those games without much end product at times. We were fairly reliant on wonder strikes from distance and I don't think we can consistently count on those.

Hopefully Benz and Bale step up their movement around the box.

Açores57, meringues and natenate101 repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why the hell would we be selling him?

The shit I read on here sometimes..

Deep Pal, ahnaf, RMSocrates and 3 others repped this.
  17. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    .I know I know , With Madrid you never know . I'm being paranoid :alien:

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Poor Isco, will have to do the work upfront all alone..

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That depends on if this is one of the five matches Benzema shows up in the league this year

20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I SO EXCITE

RMSocrates repped this.
  21. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Doesn't the game start at 22:15 CET?

22. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema doesn't do consecutive performances .. not part of his contract

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco disco will shine.

p.s. still waiting for new contract. seriously, when??

24. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale shoe horned back into the side i guess

25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ah come on guys. We defended the Champions League for the first time in the history.
    I'm calling a good Benzema performance tonight.