Deportivo la Coruña 2008-2009 Results Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Aug 19, 2008.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Okay our UEFA Cup tie didn't start off too well, so we'll have to do the business on the road where hopefully we can pull through. Then we start the season with the Champions at the Riazor only a few days later.

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Players who have joined

Aranzubía (Athletic), Ze Castro* (Atlético de Madrid), Mista (Atlético), Bravo (Chivas de México); Pablo Álvarez* (Racing de Santander); Adrián* y Jairo* (Alavés); Rodri* (Poli Ejido)

Players who have left

Coloccini (Newcastle), Momo, Aythami y Alex Bergantiños (Xerez), Rubén Castro (Huesca)*, Adrián López* (Málaga)

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Two awesome matches in a row :D. We get through the next round in the UEFA Cup and start of by beating Madrid.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well Villarreal sent us back down to earth. I really didn't think we attacked that well and thank goodness for our keeper.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow that was disappointing yeterday....

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    This team is regressing :(.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I honestly wasn't expecting yesterday's result, but I can't imagine us doing too well in the group stages, but at least we made it there.

8. MARUNE7701

MARUNE7701 New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    i hope Depor improves i really enjoy them

9. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Welcome! It's nice to have another Depor supporter around here. As you can tell it's been really quiet around here. Sadly I can't remember the last time I watched them play though.

10. MARUNE7701

MARUNE7701 New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes thank you i really enjoy them they just had a few tough seasons im hoping they can get at least a uefa cup spot or as its called next year a europa league spot or even an entry into the intertoto cup that is if they even want to enter into the intertoto cup. Oh and nice Anime girl

11. MARUNE7701

MARUNE7701 New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    *sigh* Deportivo loses 3-0 in Denmark to Aalborg not good...................

12. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah looks like we'll be crashing out of this competition.....

13. MARUNE7701

MARUNE7701 New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Well you never know remember the Champions League tie with AC Milan in early 2004 when Depor lost 4-1 in Milan and then at the Riazor won 4-0. Maybe Depor can try for that amazing comeback as they did in 2004.

14. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    That was a really special team though. I don't think this version has the fire power to make a comeback.

15. MARUNE7701

MARUNE7701 New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Well Deportivo gets a 1-1 draw with Valencia i dont know how to approach this result but its great that its not a loss. Im hoping they can get a result at Numancia next week im sure they can go for a win there.

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    First match I've watched in a long time, but I was disappointed with our finishing. I know a lot of people are hurt, but we weren't making good runs into the box and even though we had a lot of shots, I didn't think any of them were that great other than the goal. We're also lucky the ref must not like Valencia because they got a ton of yellows, then that red.