Deportivo la Coruña 2007-2008 Results Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow what a win today. I can't say I was expecting that.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't believe we beat Madrid today :eek:.

3. ljubiana

ljubiana New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Victoria, Canada
    Deportivo have been one of the hottest teams in Spain over the past few weeks. Looks like they might drop points today against Mallorca though. Too bad, but they seem to have a light schedule ahead of them over the next few weeks at least.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    That hurts right there. Hopefully this isn't a deterrent and we play hard and avoid relegation.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I honestly thought we lost last weekend. I'm getting cautiously optimistic about our chances to stay up.

6. ljubiana

ljubiana New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Victoria, Canada
    stay up? I think Depor are poised for a top-half finish the way they've been playing. Knock on wood.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Don't jinx us! I'm happy with 16th place or better :p.

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So is Depor staying up?
    It would be rather sad if
    the entire region of Galicia
    was not represented in La Liga.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

9. ljubiana

ljubiana New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Victoria, Canada
    Are they staying up? barring a major catastrophe, yeah. The better question would be can they keep this tremendous run of form up and qualify for Europe. They're level on points with Bilbao for 8th, 2 behind 7th Almeria, and 5 behind 6th placed Sevilla.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WOW! My bad, I miss nearly a month of
    La Liga and the whole world changes.

Well done, Depor...go for European footie.

11. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    From what I can tell, Depor doesn't play the most attractive football anymore, so it's probably best we don't make it into European competition right now. Sure the money would be nice, but I think we'd just bore everyone to death. That being said, I'm still not counting out possible relegation :p. Big match against Barca this weekend.

12. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I don't know what you're talking about? Depor are playing a wonderfull type of collective football, a 5-4-1 that turns into a 3-4-3 when they're in possession. Attackers who know how to help out in defense and defenders who know how to help out in attack.

If you ask me, right now, Depor is playing the best fooball in Spain.

13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I was watching them yesterday and found them to be utterly dull. I guess I should give up my hopes of the quick one touch passing with Valeron pulling the strings and Pandiani and Tristan finishing.

14. deporik

deporik New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Southampton, England
    Dull???

The first half was fairly even with Barca taking most of the posession, which meant we couldn't be too exciting without the ball. Even then though, we had the better chances.
    The second half saw some really good stuff from us I thought.

It'll be ages before we get back to the kind of football we played in the true SuperDepor days but we're not overloaded with the type of players we had then. Considering the difference in the squads, we should be amazed and greatful that our present squad is doing so well.

BTW DSC, Will you be at the RCDLC.COM Forum meeting next year? We could arrange to go watch a winter game, so the flight prices will be cheaper :)

15. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Hey you found my secret life :p. Welcome!

I am very grateful for how well we are doing, especially since I expected the worst for most of the season :eek:. It was exciting watching us beat Barca, but I don't like the defensive shell we went into. That being said, that's how you have to play Barca right now, especially since they can't score.

As for the trip next year, I'd love to do it. I just need a more advance notice than everyone else, because of how expensive it would be. But it sounds like it would be a great time.

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well we lost our last two matches, but we still qualified for the Intertoto Cup at least. Looks like we are about to sign Omar Bravo as well. I'm not sure how much I like him though.....I guess I dealt with Guardado, so I can live with Bravo, but I hope this doesn't become a trend :eek:.

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Good news, just two more players on loan to keep now.