Denmark - Sweden at Parken

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by johlind, May 23, 2007.

1. johlind

johlind New Member

May 7, 2007
    Well, just 10 days 'till the big qualifying game. Both teams need some points desperately. Denmark is 4th in the group at the moment and another lose would make their situation very complicated. On the other hand, Sweden needs at least a draw, coz after a game against N.Ireland we can't lose another crucial game (if we want to avoid fighting for a top-2 position 'till the very end). We all still remember our EURO 2004 game but this time there is no score that would make both Swedes & Danes equally happy. Next Saturday all eyes will be on Köpenhamn. Who's gonna make one more step to Austria/Switzerland? I won't post my prediction here but I promise to do it before the first whistle. As I said before I'd be satisfied with a draw but secretly I believe we can even win this one

Swedish squad against Denmark:
    Keepers: Andreas Isaksson, Rami Shaaban
    Defenders: Peter Hansson, Daniel Majstorovic, Olof Mellberg, Mikael Nilsson,
    Max von Schlebrügge, Fredrik Stenman
    Midfielders & Strikers: Niclas Alexandersson, Marcus Allbäck, Daniel Andersson, Kennedy Bakircioglü, Johan Elmander, Samuel Holmén, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Tobias Linderoth, Fredrik Ljungberg, Rade Prica, Markus Rosenberg, Anders Svensson, Christian Wilhelmsson

It's sad we won't be able to use Källström this time. Imo he's the most talented player & our midfield would look stronger with him. Personally, i'd give a chance to IFK's Marcus Berg as well. Maybe Allsvenskan is a crappy league for some of you (not for me) but Marcus is a solid player and is doing his best this season. Maybe his star will shine in the main tournament in Austria/Switzerland.

2. Gendarn

Gendarn New Member

May 3, 2006
    You are right that all eyes will be on Copenhagen!

I hope Lagerbäck puts his favouritism aside and gives Rosenberg a chance. In my opinion he is way better than Allbäck (who probably will get to start alongside Elmander). Rosenberg has proved that he can perform in one of the top leagues in Europe and has outperformed Klose in recent games.
    I seriously doubt that Zlatan will play, he might get subbed on if Sweden are losing but otherwise not.

Playing Denmark in footie is like playing Finland in ice hockey, the difference is that we rarely get to play Denmark and important game like this is bound to make the players perform well.

Go Sweden!

3. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    It hurts me to say this, but Rosenberg has been absolute rubbish whenever he's been given the chance to prove himself on the national team. Allbäck on the other hand has proven to be an reliable goalscorer for Sweden.

4. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    This is allmost a win or die situation for denmark but i will put my faith in Jon Dahl as allways.

2-1 for denmark
    3min elmander
    41min tommason
    92min tommason

Zlatan and Allbäck starts fighting with eachother

Morten Olsen to be expelled from the stadium

So it is written, so it shall be done

5. ThunderZtorm

ThunderZtorm New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Denmark

Uhm, how is that supposed to happen, seeing that Olsen is already banned for this game?

6. Jesper

Jesper New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Copenhagen and NY.
    As already mentioned, this game is massive for both countries and particularly for Denmark. If we lose it's pretty much over, a draw makes it tough but not a complete disaster, and obviously a win will be great:D .

In Copenhagen and a packed "Parken" stadium will definitely give the players the support they need - and I believe we will win, even though I have great respect for the Swedish team who have some outstanding players. I think the Swedes will be quite happy with a draw so I expect them to be solid in midfield and try to break down the Danish attack and hit us on counter attacks. We must especially keep a close eye on Ellmander who seems to be in good shape and has had a great season in France. It will also be interesting to follow the battle - and will be a battle - between the two FC Copenhagen team mates, Allbäck and Gravgaard.

I think a lot will depend on the opening 20-30 minutes. Denmark will most likely come out will all guns blazing in an aggressive 4-3-3 formation. If we can get an early goal we might be able to unsettle Sweden and get the win.

The atmosphere is going to be fantastic and I was wish I was going, nothing better than "The battle of Scandinavia" to get people pumped up.

Prediction: 2-0, goals from Tomasson and Bendtner.

KOM SÅ DANMARK!

7. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    '

he is only banned to the stands where the ref will show him another red card

8. HJKfan

HJKfan New Member

May 28, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I think Denmark will win. Maybe 2-1 or 1-0...

9. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Sweden
    A question to the Danes here: Do you think it is easier for a Dane to understand a Swede than vice versa? :eek: Gravgaard said something about difficulties...

And do you hear the difference between Swedish and Norwegian?

10. Jesper

Jesper New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Copenhagen and NY.

I'm not sure whether it is easier for a Dane or a Swede to understand each other's language. There are still regional differences in Denmark when it comes to Swedish. People from Copenhagen and Zealand are more exposed to Swedish because of proximity, TV, tourists and workers. I am originally from Vejle in Jutland but have lived in Copenhagen for 7 years and I was more exposed to German than Swedish when I was growing up, but I think that is also changing mainly because Swedish television is now available in all of Denmark.

In my own experience I understand Norwegian better than Swedish and written Norwegian is very similar to Danish(at least bokmål not Ny Norsk). I have a good understanding of Swedish but sometimes a certain dialect is pretty much impossible to understand. After having lived in Copenhagen for a while and also working in the hotel business I speak to Swedes practically everyday and there are no problems. Sometimes things have to be repeated or spoken a bit slower, or we confirm dates and numbers in English. Other than that - no problem.

In terms of Swedish and Norwegian you can usually hear the difference, again because Norwegian words are more similar to Danish but I'm sure other Danes may find Swedish easier to understand.

11. johlind

johlind New Member

May 7, 2007
    The Swedish lineup for the game: 1 Andreas Isaksson - 5 Niclas Alexandersson, 3 Olof Mellberg, 4 Petter Hansson, 2 Mikael Nilsson - 6 Tobias Linderoth - 7 Christian Wilhelmsson, 8 Anders Svensson, 9 Fredrik Ljungberg (K) - 10 Marcus Allbäck, 11 Johan Elmander

Bench players:
    12 Rami Shaaban - 13 Max von Schlebrügge, 14 Daniel Majstorovic, 15 Daniel Andersson, 16 Kennedy Bakircioglü, 17 Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 18 Markus Rosenberg

My prediction is either a scoreless draw or our 1-0 victory, after a second-half goal scored by
    Elmander (Svensson)

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sweden scores after 7 mins of play!! Its the ligue1 whizkid Elmander to open up the scoring!

13. johlind

johlind New Member

May 7, 2007
    WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was hard to believe that it really was 3-0! The Danish defence is really mediocre tonight and we just took advantage of that. However, Hansson's freekick was amazing. Imo, the result is totally deserved but Denmark is still dangerous though! During the last 10 mins Danes controlled the game and apart from the Allbäck-Ljungberg counterattack dominated the game. Well, i believe in 3 points tonight but the game will be tough. The only thing i regret is that i couldn't watch it together with my Danish cousin. We're always having a lot of fun during such games & she always looks so sweet when she's disappointed with their national team. Coz of her i secretly support Danmark in all other qualifying games but the chance of seeing both Scandinavian teams in Austria/Switzerland is not very big.

Second half is about to begin, so - go Sweden, heja Sverige!!!

14. Hansadyret

Hansadyret Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Bergen, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Wow!!!!
    3-3:d

15. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Sweden
    The Danish FA or whatever should invest in some guards that actually try to get the aggressive supporters running onto the pitch. Penalty for Sweden now, I say

16. DrunkWithGun

DrunkWithGun New Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Disgraceful Danish security, how can they stand and watch that wanker run into the pitch? I hope they get severly punished.
    I hope they start the game again so Sweden can score from the spot and Poulsen'll be executed.

17. DrunkWithGun

DrunkWithGun New Member

Nov 13, 2005
    3-0 to Sweden! That's the final score.

18. Hansadyret

Hansadyret Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Bergen, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    What the hell happened i just heard there was some fighting and the game was stopped????

19. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    What happened?

20. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    it was 3-3, referee had called pentalty for sweden after a swede was punched in the penalty box, a danish supporter ran into the pitch and attacked the referee. game called off

21. toonboy

toonboy Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Newcastle
    Someone watching it tell me what the ******** happened, got a treble on us TO DRAW with Brazil, Spain and Sweden. What's going on?

22. toonboy

toonboy Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Newcastle
    What do you mean game called off??? For ******** sake. What abouut my bet?

23. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Sweden
    Good decision by the ref (or UEFA?) 3-0 to Sweden it is!

24. toonboy

toonboy Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Newcastle
    Some ******** tell me exactly what's happened!

25. Hansadyret

Hansadyret Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Bergen, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    I bet this will get a high youtube count