Denilson of Arsenal, England

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by DutchCane, Feb 24, 2007.

1. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Beautiful player. Can someone tell me more? I know he was captain of the U-20 team. He gave a beautiful performance against Bolton last week, and looks as though he will be playing tomorrow for Arsenal against Chelsea. He reminds me of a stronger Alex of Cruzeiro.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lucas was the captain of the U-20 team..

3. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Sorry he was the Captain of the U-21's, my mistake. Can anyone tell me a bit more about him, what is the opinion of him in Brasil?

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He really didn't play much in Brasil when he was at São Paulo. He was considered a prospect, but he really never saw the field much.

5. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Thanks Mengao. He's been a revelation for Arsenal and played today, I haven't watched the match yet I will be watching it in an hour on replay. I was really impressed by his ability and his adaptation to the physical style of the EPL. Very impressive.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's good to hear. Gilberto Silva was able to find success there so it looks like Denilson will be following his footsteps. I am sure Gilberto gave some tips to him to speed up his adaption to the style of play in England.

7. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he has played some games in the Carling Cup (6) and the FA Cup(1) ..and he did very well

8. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm very impressed by his performances, but today he showed that he needs more experience before really fighting for a starting spot.
    He couldn't handle his job very well against a tough midfield like Chelsea.
    But give the guy one more season and he might turn out just as well as Fabregas.

9. 5446

5446 New Member

Nov 23, 1998
    Brooklyn, NY
    for me, far and away the least impressive of Arsenal's young boys today. We shall see, but he looked overwhelmed and lost at points.

10. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    He was a bit off today, but that's what it means to be young. Give him another year and he'll be just fine. I think his pairing with Diaby will be the new fulcrum for Arsenal along with Denilson. Good stuff, alas we lost but he acquited himself well and was bound to have an off game. Plus Makelele, Lampard and Essien were very physical today and I think that he felt a bit off form.

11. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    He didnt impress me in the few matches he played with São Paulo. Not even with the youth National Team. Thats why the transfer to Arsenal seemed like it came from heaven when it happened.

But he is just a boy, nonetheless. I hope he can improve in England.

12. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i finally saw the game today and the kid looked pretty good, had great passes and crosses, of course there were times he lost the ball or didnt do well enough trying to get it but overall good game. For an 18 year old, he looks very good i cant wait to see him mature and play on the national team

13. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's a real good young player .. I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting lots of games for Arsenal next season .. He's got great strength, tackles hard, passes well, good long shots .. He's a midfielder with DM+CM attributes ..

14. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Denilson played 2day the whole match against Reading(2-1 win) ..he did very well one of his best games so far..he playes so mature for an 18 year old..taking every corner and most freekicks,he has also a great pass..im very impressed so far:)

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    He played very well against Reading yesterday - far better than Julio Baptista who, despite scoring his goal, can't seem to see the right pass and when he does, makes an inaccurate pass.

16. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i've got to handle it to arsenal's youth scouting, which has to be considered the best in the world. denilson was just a mediocre youngster for sao paulo and they let him go without much of a fight. im sure they regret the decision now, especially since mineiro has since left them for germany.

17. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    I'm slightly miffed that the cross between Didi and Dunga wasn't recognised...he gets props for playing his way into the squad so quickly though I think he's playing intelligently rather than freely. Personally I'm more interested in his offensive capabilities and expect a 'Dry leaf' soon.

18. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  20. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Denilson scored his 1st goal for Arsenal (Carling Cup, 2-0 win against Newcastle United ...he played full 90 mins )

21. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil