PBP: Dempsey: Europa Cup Final; Fulham vs Atletico Madrid 05/12/10

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by jcsd, May 11, 2010.

1. tubby_butter

tubby_butter Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Providence
    Look at it this way, all your teams made it to the finals. If you can go ahead and stay intact until the US makes it to the final, then that would be great.

2. petezuke17

petezuke17 Member

May 7, 2003
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sad thing was this goal was eerily foreshadowed in stoppage time in the first half when Hangeland almost got called for the PK. Same exact play almost - cross from the flank with an Athletico player (I don't think it was Forlan in this case) darting past Hangland from directly behind him just as the ball got there. Very good timing on both plays by Athletico and its hard to fault Hangeland as he had to be wary of any ball over the top as well - a very tough situation for a defender not being able to see the attacking player make the run.

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United

Dude, that's not funny. If you're seriously thinking that, please go get some help.

4. FC Funkotron

FC Funkotron Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Austin, El Paso, New York
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm never serious. But I probably do need to get some help regardless. Not even a chuckle though? At least humor me, it's been a bad year.

5. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I laughed. Only someone who continues to go through these finals losses can understand.

6. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I just move the goal posts in order to not be disappointed.

Instead of expecting the U.S. to win a game at the World Cup I'm just waiting for Mike Bradley to injure an Englishman with a straight-red tackle.

7. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Me too so that in the next match we can see a proper USMNT line-up.

**Sorry have to edit this, MB has never received a red card before. Gold cup, Confed Cup, these were not actual events as they did not happen this year.

8. JAVez1983

JAVez1983 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Tampa
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Torres won the CONCACAF Champions League...that has to count for something!

9. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheer up mate - at least your'e not in Cleveland:D

10. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Hey, there were exactly 2 mornings in my lifetime that I woke up knowing that the team (baseball, that is) that I've followed since age 4 could win the championship that day. They lost them both (the first one, painfully, in the late innings even). If I was a bandwagoner I don't think I could ever have handled following the US men's national soccer team. Of course I hope for success and believe we'll see more of it as time goes on, but I do wonder if one day I'll yearn for the days when only the fans who really cared followed this sport and this team, as tends to be the case now.