Democrats In The Wilderness

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Nov 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, in the both side do it issues, the Republicans get graded on a curve, their version is usually much bigger and scarier.

Deadtigers repped this.
  2. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Amazing, a guy who'd be considered a centrist in most countries is the most left wing politician in mainstream US politics.

totti fan repped this.
  3. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  4. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Lmao, Cloobeck is responding to tweets within the thread

5. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This apparatus stop Obama? Nope. Did the apparatus force Bernard to have a message that was ignorant of the plight of Black Americans and civil rights Justice? Did the apparatus suddenly Chang the primary schedule so that Southern states were first?

Go cry in your beer in a corner!! Again explain to me why it was OK for Bernie to not respect Gentleman's agreements or just you know run as an independent.

Your guy has co-opted a party he is not part of and has never helped with one phone call/fundraiser/or cent!!

sitruc repped this.
  6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2131 Boandlkramer, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    That’s rich...”your girl” bought the party. They couldn’t even do press releases without running it by her...they’ve literally sold superdelegates.

I wonder what you’re going to say about Donna Brazile’s revelations about laundering money and Clinton pretty much f**cking over down ticket candidates. But keep in with that narrative. Such a principled committee they are.

“My guy” is so 2016, and yes there are people trying to CO-opt the party. I hope they succeed.

Justice Dems, We will Replace you, our Revolution and Wolfpack are working pretty hard at changing the party from within. They are Dems bro...

I #DemEnter(ed)just to disrupt the establishment Dems in my state/local elections. Many are

stanger repped this.
  7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This piece explains the money. Not that facts matter to people like Bo

8. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't read threads on Twitter. She should either compose her thoughts like an adult human or STFU.

Moishe and Boloni86 repped this.
  9. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    So it is her fault she didn't let the party go broke. How many fundraisers did Bernie have for the party? How many times did he crisscross the nation to help candidates out. I will wait for you to give me a number.

So superdelegates are inclined to support a longtime party member and fundraiser over a Johnny come lately that bites the hand shits in your house. I am shocked I tell you.

No surprise people won't go and start their own party. that is too much work.

read this piece
    http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2017/11/dnc-clinton-separating-signal-noise

sitruc repped this.
  10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neat. What do you suggest happen? Because this is the new normal. How do you leverage it?

11. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Swallowing Brazile's account wholesale might potentially come with some attendant risks.

The amount Clinton allocated to her own campaign:
    [​IMG]

The total amount raised:
    [​IMG]

Where the rest of it went-

The source for all of the above: https://www.opensecrets.org/jfc/summary.php?id=C00586537[/quote]

But Bernistas will say fudge your facts and logic. The gut instinct says she is a bitch and dirty.

sitruc repped this.
  12. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Can you expand on your point. Your question confuses me.

13. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2138 Boandlkramer, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Fascinating.....“Bitch and dirty.”

I never said it

Fracking
    TPP
    Interventionist Foreign policy (this one personally affected me for over two decades)
    Mocks Universal Health Care
    Mocks Affordable/Free College
    Opposes Publicly Funded Elections

That’s just a few of my issues.

The days of extortion politics (“or trump”) are over.

It’s policies, and if you call it a litmus test, then f**k it, IDGAF.

14. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rather than berating and dismissing a large demographic, how do you leverage them towards whatever winning?

I’m interested. Because browbeating doesn’t work.

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_6476.JPG

16. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...he said on a social media platform.

sitruc and ElJefe repped this.
  17. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you please tell Bernie Sanders this? Because that seems to be his entire agenda right now.

Deadtigers repped this.
  18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    That's a pretty awful retort given the rather obvious differences in the two communities and platforms.

Moishe and MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    “But...but HE ISNT A DEMOCRAT”

Have you read the threads here since November 16!?

[emoji23][emoji28]

20. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I myself prefer the message board but whatevs.

I think it's dumb to dismiss someone's point of view based on your own social media preferences. YMMV.

21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I dunno. There's something to the objection, as Twitter's default mode discourages depth, even if the person Tweets in the form of a multi-message "storm". I mean, there's an awful lot of sturm und drang currently over supposedly credible adult-like people falling for sensationalistic bullshit and in many cases being generators of same. One only need to look at certain threads here for examples.

It's not often I agree with Q*bert, but here is one of those times.

Moishe, MatthausSammer and Boloni86 repped this.
  22. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Bernie Sanders is a Democrat insomuch as that's the only party he could successfully run in. He knew that running as an independent wouldn't garner him a damn thing, and running as a conservative would've flown in the face of his ideals, (despite being someone who could've probably won the Republican nomination) so he latched on to the only party that would accept him. He doesn't care about the Democratic party. He doesn't care about other Democrats. Bernie is a good man in the respect that he wanted to use the office of the President to do great things, and that's laudable, but let's not pretend that he even remotely gives a shit about anyone but himself vis-a-vis the DNC. His fundraising was for him and him alone. His message wasn't "Donate to me, so I can become President, help make a better Democratic party, and help other Dems like myself get elected, so we can turn this country around." His message was "Donate to me, so I can become President." Hillary wanted to be President, too, but it didn't stop her from trying to get other Democrats elected. Hillary was doing her best to help others get elected because if those Dems get elected, then she could further her agenda.

This shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

23. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That IS a problem...but then you acknowledge that it happens here on BigSoccer as well. I'm saying it's a social media problem, not a Twitter problem.

I've also read some thoughtful threads on Twitter, and found it to be a great source for professional & academic updates as well as following politics and current events.

24. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    What I acknowledge happening on BS is using Twitter as a substitute for an argument, or as a link dump, or as a source of "breaking news" - about half of which turns out to be partial or total bullshit. That's on the user, not the platform (though BS giving priority of ease to "sharing" Twitter IS on them).

I'm happy for you that you appear to have found a way to sort wheat from chaff, but when you're using it, by admission, for purposes other than political news and "insight" (professional and academic updates), that's a very different use case than the one under discussion.

It's like someone arguing on behalf of Derpbook that "well it helps me keep in touch with family!" when the discussion is the vapidity of political memes posted also on that platform.

25. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Get back to you on this. Been busy.

Boandlkramer repped this.