Democrats In The Wilderness

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Nov 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is the HC bill with this potential amendment banning States from providing universal HC? These hypocrites and their focking States Rights narrative....they sh*t all over it when it suits them.

2. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You really have Clinton derangement syndrome. luckily your not alone. It is the biggest cross she and Bill have had to bare.

Do you believe in post game interviews of a coach after a loss? Is them saying anything other that they caused the team to lose and they should be flogged in public a cop-out? Just curious?

sitruc repped this.
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't you know she's Cersei? She said it herself.[emoji849]

4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Bernie Sanders cares about Bernie Sanders, how the ******** is that not clear to you by now!?! He is above reproach and questioning him and him minions just makes you a corporate pig.

sitruc repped this.
  5. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who has derangement syndrome here? Your frothing at the mouth vehement dislike for him...it's embarrassing

Boloni86 repped this.
  6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Just read the piece. Parties going for a third term have it tough, usually they don't have one of their own cutting them at their knees. Sanders is another Perot, Coldwater, etc

7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Somehow the movement he empowered isn't going away...gawd you hate him! [emoji23][emoji23]

He doesn't matter anymore, he has activated a generation of activist.

8. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I know about their hypocrisy. I just don't get how Boloni can say it is not being talked about in the media. Mind you this same poster has no complaints about the media's lopsided coverage of Clinton’s emails versus Trump because HRC sucks.

9. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    It is the hypocrisy. His flaws are beyond reproach but hers are full game to this day. To attack him is to attack the progressive wing of the party. I have long believed in single payer, but I also believe Bernie Sanders is a selfish dick. I can hold two separate ideas in my head.

if he doesn't matter anymore, why won't he get of the stage!?! literally he has not gotten of the campaign stage, attacking the Dem party and playing victim to anyone challenging him. Maybe just as the centrist wing of the party need a new leader, same can be said for the progressive wing.

10. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I never said anything about flogging. I'd appreciate if the Clinton camp would engage in the real issues that caused her problems. If they're incapable of doing that, they should move out of the way. No flogging necessary. The stakes are too high for long drawn out stupidity that only hurts the party.

I sympathize that suddenly Clinton is "worried for the country". Welcome to the party. Some of us have been worried sick about this country long before Trump showed up. That was kind of the point of the 2016 campaign season. That's why there is a sense of urgency, and people that saw the Democratic train wreck approaching were (and still are) pulling their hair out over this. My personal sense of urgency comes from the fact that I've seen this movie play out already in several European countries. The rise of the far right is an inescapable fact. Left wing incompetence is their biggest recruitment tool, which is why I have little patience for it.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  11. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    OK, you totally lost the plot here with this post. First of all that 'media' post you're so outraged about was a week ago. The day after the first media reports started coming out regarding Cassidy-Graham. Which IMO is too late. If the media actually did their job ... uncovering stories ... they would have been on to this Cassidy-Graham business several days before it came out. And if you would have actually comprehended that post, you would have seen that it was a critique of Bernie Sanders (and the other co signers of that bill). Which I thought you'd be thrilled about ...

Second of all, I have no idea what you're talking about regarding Clinton emails vs. Trump. Please show me where I've defended the media's coverage of either of those things. And the fact that HRC sucks is not my fault. I'm not the one that came up with the brilliant idea of running for president while under FBI investigation.

12. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You might as well have said flogging. You talk about left wing incompetence but do not seem to go after the progressive wing of the party with the same vigor. It seems it is impossible for Clinton too have had made internal mistakes while dealing with external matters beyond her control hampering her chances. Any mention of the external issues seems to mean she absolved herself of the internal issues. What is really funny is most political analyst say the book is a solid sober account however as with everything with the Clintons the press can't cover it that way so it has to be built up as this thing where she is out for everybody. An as per usual people that didn't fancy her as a person have lapped it up.

Furthermore, do you not think it was left win incompetence to let Sanders into the party. Do you think it was not left wing incompetence to push a purity test or for people to believe there is no difference between HRC and Trump and or to chose "to be right" than to win? our own poster here Boand has proudly posted how he is sad Trump won but smiles that Hillary lost. Is that not left wing incompetence?

13. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You say purity test like it's a bad thing. Its policies that aren't debatable anymore.

Pick a "populist" priority and go with it, there is a cake and it here.

14. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    So by that logic the GOP can manufacture any scandal require an FBI investigation and take out all potential threats the Dems have. That is your solution?

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isn't that what you and the pundits are advocating for in regards to Sanders? You're focusing on one individual and not the real problem for the party.

16. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Mate you and me are married to each other as citizens of this country. We both want what is best for this party but we will never get anywhere unless we both yield a little ground. That goes for both wings of the party and Dems, GOP etc. Why is comprise so bad?

17. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I was responding to Boloni saying it was stupid to run while under investigation. The GOP ginned up that investigation so by that logic we should let them create an FBI case against any leading Dem candidate and that candidate should then not run, which is what they want.

sitruc repped this.
  18. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Actually I have been, especially lately.
    See ... now you get it. This is my point exactly. If you dislike Sanders being in the party, you too should be frustrated at the party's incompetence. This is what happens when the party field clears itself for her highness. No other contender willing to enter the arena. How is it that a party striving to lead cannot inspire one single candidate to run, other than the one that happens to be under FBI investigation. Ever ask yourself that question? A shocking lack of ambition by the party's bench. This was a self inflicted wound. If you're not going to run credible candidates, you open the door for fringe elements like Sanders.

And that's just the political/tactical part of the story. Let's not even get started on the issues. Remember the big Schumer/Pelosi/DNC press conference with the new party vision and platform? No? Don't feel bad ... Nobody else remembers that either.

19. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Now ... now ... I know some on the left like to flip flop on the FBI/Comey. He's a Republican operative when he investigates Clinton. But he's a hero when he investigates Trump.

I've been consistent on Comey/FBI since day 1. I won't call Comey a hero, but I think the guy was just doing his job. I don't think the FBI was operating for the GOP. Especially under Obama's DOJ ... it makes no sense. I pretty much agreed with how the Clinton investigation was handled all the way through. It did catch government with its pants down, because it highlighted how there are double standards in handling classified info for people at the top and everyone else. Most people that did what Clinton did would have had their security clearances revoked at a minimum. But it's more work to go after someone powerful like Clinton for what seems to be more a case of bad judgement than malicious intent.

Anyways, the point is that FBI investigations don't get ginned up. They either happen or they don't. Never give it a reason to happen. That's why you have to be squeaky clean to run as a Democrat. You have to be five moves ahead and don't expose any vulnerabilities. You can complain that it's unfair, or you can just do it. Moral victories are worthless when the stakes are this high.

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    FFS. ******** party talk. What is Sanders proposing that can pass anything or even get to a vote? What is his full agenda moving forward? If he has a full agenda, why should people follow it?

21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Forget Sanders....there's a laundry list of progressive values that the E-Dems could pick from...

22. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    GHW Bush was the only person to win his party a 3rd term in office since 1950. It was an incredibly tough task. HW was anointed and went unchallenged and it worked but third term is tough and the Dems hoped that by sorting out who was going to run early, they would have a head start.

That press conference did suck. I have said several times the DNC needs to hire the GOP marketing director and a top marketing firm.

23. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Your memory needs to extend further to the fact that it all began because of Benghazi. A less than nothing situation drummed up to be bigger than 9/11, 8 investigations to 1. The GOP used it as a fishing expedition and to bring down her numbers as stated by Kevin McCarthy. You think they wouldn't use it with great effect again if they knew a weapon like it would clear the Dem primary field of all real threats.

24. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    A lot of those the Dems already support. Let's not forget HRC proposed a 15 dollar min wage in major cities and 12.50 in smaller places and she was still attacked for it not being 15 out right. That list is an all or nothing list. Also those issues would be in far less peril, if we had a Dem president because you can't do much when you are out of power. Maybe these E-Dems need to learn to hold their nose a bit more and stop their all or nothing way of politics.

25. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ironic?
    upload_2017-9-20_19-48-29.jpeg

Boandlkramer repped this.