Democrats In The Wilderness

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Nov 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So were circled back to “don’t know much” and “Russians?”

So you have nothing but as hominem. Here’s some. Verpisst dich. It’s about as constructive as your drivel

CHANGE OUR MINDS. That’s on you and your ilk

totti fan repped this.
  2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not Blacksburg. I grew up on the east coast (NOVA). Haven’t lived there since the early 90s. Never going back.

I’m also not sure how where Tottifan is from matters. Plenty of you have something to say about Europe as it comes up.

4. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't change your mind. That's the whole point behind me illustrating the No True Scotsman and Anecdotal fallacies. I have shown you evidence that Bernie Sanders is not as liberal as he claims, not very good at his job, and knew all along he would never implement his proposals. Jill Stein is also a con artist, having spent the $10 million in recount money she raised on salaries and travel for herself, friends, and family.

You have chosen not to accept these facts as factual.

How can I change your mind if you cannot see and accept reality?

5. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have your truth. I’ve said this before...whatever blue slag is delivered to us by the DNC/DCCC in November, we will vote for. Same with 2020. The horror of 2016-2020 will (I’m sure the DNC is banking on) make it so. “Progressives” will continue to take money from corporations and continue to support token progressive causes while still compromised by their corporate masters...everything will be back to its natural order.....

6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, did I ask the wrong question? You haven't bothered to answer mine.

If you are presented with evidence that Bernie Sanders is a con artist and refuse to believe it, how can I convince you to believe that Bernie Sanders is a con artist? What would make you change your mind, if not the facts?

7. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Australia. Add 14 hours to when he posts, and it'll make sense.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not true, Trump won due to identity politics.

Telling black and gay people their problems do not matter as much as the economy is not a good deal is not a good idea.

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/20...al-justice-democratic-party-lilla-traub-trump

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...y-politics-class-race-debate#comment-88007420

The counter.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ould-use-this-to-its-benefit#comment-87706924

9. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2559 totti fan, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/390898-dem-leaders-embrace-pay-go

Not particularly progressive by Nancy Pelosi.

Is it any wonder progressives like Bernie have to fight so hard to get things done when he's being undermined by Dem's like NP.

10. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a lot of racist northern counties that formerly voted for Obama.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ump-win/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dc982ad3c959
    [​IMG]

11. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure, read the exit polls and their economic anxiety.

That is the problem to white dudes like you, downplaying the wants of blacks and gays is a worth price to pay to win, but it is not for blacks and gays.

That is the liberal dilemma, more rights for minorities and gays means more white people voting against them.

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/31/democrats-black-voters-granted-abandoned-them

"after electing the first black president failed to ameliorate the plight of black America in any meaningful structural way, I suspect the jig is up that the Democrat party (as presently constituted) is going to help black Americans.

When the persistence of racial gaps in wealth, education, incarceration and employment remain unchanged by the Democrats – not to mention the way the Democrats facilitate the outright theft of black wealth by Wall Street – it’s not hard to see why fewer voters are turning up."

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White guys have been ********ing up for the 500 years since we arrived on these shores, but if the first black president doesn't fulfill everyone's hopes and dreams...

Deadtigers, song219 and sitruc repped this.
  15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, I was looking for a polling result from 2016 for black voters, I google failed.

I did find this on why people like you should care about justice reform and not just chuck it up to useless identity politics.

https://www.thenation.com/article/how-democrats-can-mobilize-millions-of-non-voters/

16. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    where did I say I don't care?

Tackling class problems is the most efficient way to alleviate problems associated with "identity politics".

Liberals by and large (certainly those is power) don't really want to help the poor with jobs, education, healthcare to reduce crime (who are disproportionately AA) because donors. Its just "look we're different from the other team" politics.

Also class perspective has the advantage of unifying 99% of us vs amplifying our differences which hypocritically is what liberals often castigate the right for doing. And it will get out the black vote.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  17. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree he sucked just as hard as a lot of those other white guys

18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Still think the US should cut welfare? Oh but the US is different.
    [​IMG]

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You see that is what Sanders got initially wrong, he was a one trick pony against wall street, that did not win him over minorities.

It was when he talked more about being in favor of black lives matter and immigration that he got track with minorities.

totti fan repped this.
  20. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Gillibrand also just submitted the Postal Office bank bill. It won't go anywhere but it aims to but govt banks in Post offices so everybody has access.

American Brummie repped this.
  21. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Also let's not forget the racism in attacking the 3 most prominent Black Dems that there are.

22. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You didn't see that con coming? This questions your ability to see a con as a con.

23. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Why is it Brumbie goes to sites that track voting record and Macedonian Frank goes sites that are just fancy blogs and makes claims with no basis, charts or lists. Then post memes of if we really wanted to, we could have peace on earth.

Thanks @American Brummie for your patience. I will use your info to smit other politophiles. If you are wondering what that word is, it is from the Atlantic article of how US politics became so messed up.

24. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Do you understand the difference between the house and the Senate? let's start at that basic question?

25. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Con? I threw my vote at her only to try and help them reach the threshold for election funds. Am I a green? Nah bruh. But no way was I going to not participate or give my vote to either of the two party candidates selected for us.

Con? My state went blue....didn’t I say that already?

I’m not the one you want to blame, blame the 7% of Dems that voted for trump or the 47% that didn’t even participate.

crazypete13 repped this.