Demerit Watford vs. Swansea (R) 02/17/09

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by mattjo, Feb 17, 2009.

1. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just reporting it is 2-0 Watford in the 80th minute.

2. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-0 is the final... Watford crawl out of the relegation zone.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One point over Norwich City, with 2 games in hand. Big win.

Swansea hadn't lost in 16 games in all competitions going back to November.

4. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a huge win for Watford, as it pulls the Hornets out of the relegation zone. Swansea was on a 16-match unbeaten run entering today's game, and amazingly, hadn't lost a game in any competition since November.

I'm looking forward to seeing highlights of this one as I miffed on recording SSN today. From match reports, it sounds as if both Watford goals were well-taken.

And Jay DeMerit resumed his place in the starting XI after a VERY impressive display against Chelsea in the FA Cup last weekend. He started alongside new signing Mike Williamson in central midfield. Adrian Mariappa was moved to right back and Arsenal loanee Gavin Hoyte was given a seat on the bench.

http://watford.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=144135

5. Wikiality

Wikiality Red Card

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how often Elton John has spanked his monkey while watching Demerit highlights.

I'd never play for Watford unless I was as ugly as a gorilla.

6. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are looking for BigHomophobe.com

7. Wikiality

Wikiality Red Card

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is NOT a valid link.

Damn.

8. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much of a let down do you think Swans not pulling out the win over Fulham was and how much of a boost do you think Watford hanging with Chelsea for such a long period was?

Seems like Jay and Williamson really kept their game up.

9. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha. Don't hate on Elton John. Why does everyone think Watford's kits are so ugly? Obviously I see things through rose colored glasses, but I think our away red kits are as sexy as all get out.

Our home kits looked better when we had the yellow tops and red bottoms back in our Premiership season. I'm not so much a fan of the black shorts.

Yes. The performance against Chelsea was a definite boost to the team's morale.

10. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    come on Watford get the hell out of there....

I was there last season i dont want to see a club like Watford down there, makes me sick to my stomach.

11. Wikiality

Wikiality Red Card

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this Priskin is coming out of nowhere to score a lot it seems lately. I remember him coming to Watford really young, like 19 or something, scoring now and again, but getting the lazy tag, while not seeming to know what offside is? Even though every coach he's had says he's got mad talent and skill--some coach says he's a clone of Ibramovic, just needs a couple years? I am pretty sure it was him, as not that many Watford guys get compared to players of that calibur.

What do you make of this guy? Has he finally learned to hustle and whatnot? Another consistent goal scorer could put Watford in a good place.

12. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Priskin's a solid player, but inconsistent. He has 9 goals in all competitions this season (7 in the league, 1 in each cup) and is our true best striker. The Ibrahimovic comparison is in terms of playing style, not caliber or talent. Priskin, despite looking like a target striker and being fairly tall and lanky, isn't really a target player in the traditional sense and is more comfortable with the ball played to his feet rather than his head. Priskin has decent ball skills and is pretty good at turning and shooting in the box.

Tamas has definitely emerged this year, because he didn't get much of a chance in years past with Marlon King and Darius Henderson around.