dehydration....

Discussion in 'Player' started by KrystianR9, Jun 25, 2004.

1. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    the season just started and when we play a scrimmage at practice i get dehydrated quickly when it is pretty hot out. I dont feel that i need rest or anything, i have good endurace but the dehydration makes me mad. What canido to prevent it? Will drinking a lot of fluids at home help? I dont realy like water unless im dehydrated though. Any tips?

2. sweet action

sweet action New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Oklahoma
    pretty much all you can do is drink. drink lots of gatorade and water at home and during practice.

3. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    ga-tor-ade
    waaaaater sucks, it really really sucks, waaaaater sucks, it really really sucks.

Actually water is the best thing you can drink to rehydrate with you during the period of physical activity.

4. sockacrazy

sockacrazy New Member

May 6, 2004
    My coach says about a gallon of water every day before prac, half a gallon before lunch half a gallon after. But you need to piss so bad before prac. Then your good :D

-Justin

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doesnt sound right to me.
    during track conditioning (in south florida with 90º+ temp and our great humidity) we were supposed to drink a gallon the night before practice and the following day before dont over drink, but get in good fluids like water, or some gatorade.

6. prema

prema New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Czech rep
    I really don't understand how anyone can drink pure water but well...you should get some isotonic drink,like Isostar,or find some cheaper brand,it should be all pretty same,but well,since I changed my usual brand,I experinced cramps much more often,so I recommend to try few and choose what suits you best...and sure you should follow the instructions,like start drinking before activity,than like every 15mins around 1/4 liter and some time after finishing as well..and isotonic drink prevents you from being thirsty,being in need of toilet,prevents cramps,keep minerals in level...

7. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    pretty much if ur peeing clear, ur doing good for yourself...

8. prema

prema New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Czech rep
    what do you mean???I mean,mean by 'clear'?I mean,we were taught at school pee should be slightly yellow!!!vevermind whoever pee whatever you want

9. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    as it comes out, it should be clear, and the final product in the toilet bowl will have a slight yellow tinge to it...

10. prema

prema New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Czech rep
    yes,at least yes,it should be clear to oneself it's coming out to take pants off:-D

11. cubs

cubs New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    You can try and find salt tablets, I have a friend who loses A LOT of fluids during games until he began eating salt tablets right before games and practice. As you might figure, salt helps the body retain water.

You may find them in pharmacies.

12. Lampard123

Lampard123 New Member

May 17, 2004
    Dundee,Scotland
    Salt also helps prevent cramps i think? You could beat both dehydration and cramps with taking salt tablets.

13. senorbuckwheat

senorbuckwheat New Member

Jun 7, 2004
  14. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    DEHYDRATION? ive gone 4 months without water.

15. senorbuckwheat

Jun 7, 2004
    Oh yeah, I am still on my mother's milk. Never had that thing you people call water.

16. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    I've found the best thing is to keep drinking through the workout whether thristy of not. Mostly I've been drinking water, but Gatorade works too. I carry a jug around with me and take a swig every minute or two that I'm not in the game. Once it becomes a habit, you don't need to be thristy to keep drinking.

17. napalm_dave

napalm_dave New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    New Orleans
    Personally, I think it takes a long time to properly hydrate. If you are going to play tomorrow, you need to start drinking lots of water today.

18. senorbuckwheat

Jun 7, 2004
    I have two indoor games tomorrow, so I just downed a few Harviestoun's Bitters. Is that enough or should I keep going?

19. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Are you serious!!!??!