Dear Steve McClaren...

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by gaijin, Dec 26, 2005.

1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Indeedy.

PSG? My french teacher in secondary school was a PSG fan. Plus I've lived in Ile-de-France so I've seen them play.

On the PC. I can't be arse setting up my PS2 online. Its an old one, so you have to buy one of those adapters to plug into the box.

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I seriously think we should Yoann Lachor soon.

He's out of favour at Lens and would do a great job for us.

3. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    he has been training with Newcastle this week

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Deal broke down apparently, and he was sent back to France.

I really like him though....

5. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    does he play on the right ?

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Nah, he's more left-sided but can play there on the right.

Let's try and buy Webster from Hearts and what about Skacel for competition on the left wing?

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    New Keeper (Rob Green?)
    New Central Defender (Andy Webster?)
    New left Winger (Rudi Skacel?)
    New right back
    New Defensive Midfielder

So that's 5 new players we need to sort out this mess...

8. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    You were right about Skacel, just had a look at his stats for this season 22aps 16 goals. Not bad for a midfeilder!. I think Harper would be a decent keeper for us and he has put in a tra request. Ideally i would like to see Cudicini, but cannot see him coming to us in our present situation. I think Downing and Johnson will do okay for us on the left, both hungry young lads with points to prove!. Cant believe WBA beat Wigan thats puts us even closer to the drop.Good job Portsmouth won!. Since youre in Qatur isnt that where J.Job is playing? if so how is he doing?

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    He plays for Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia.

10. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    hows he doing scored many goals? suprised no pl teams came in for him! Bolton would have been right up his street!

11. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    meaning good job Portsmouth lost:eek: what is it with the Boro academy they can turn out decent defenders and enough good young midfeilders to keep half of the pl happy but the homegrown striker remains elusive? Andy Campbell anyone?. Maybe Bernie could do a job afterall.

12. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    Whats the pl coverage like over there

13. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    Did you see ronaldinho when he was at PSG:cool:

14. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    We get all the European League games live on Al-Jazeera sport and various other Saudi channels from across the border. Unlike Saudi Arabia certain channels aren't banned here though. At least the ones with the sexy presenters aren't. :D

I can get BBC too and most English channels which are carried over from Kuwait for the expats.

I'll be back in the UK next month - so I won't miss it that much. Really late nights though, my internal clock is screwed up completely.

15. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Of course.

The goal he scored against Marseille in the Cup still makes me tingle. He took on the entire back-line as he ran 60 yards with it.

16. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    He is the greatest player alive no doubht. Just been on your homepage ,in russian? do you dj

17. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    What even better than Hendries 60 yard run? :rolleyes:

18. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    What was he like? was he always played attack mid or striker?

19. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    lol. No. Its the rather informal Russian society's homepage for the Univeristy of Manchester. Its probably a DJ pic from one of the nights out.

20. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    No not that good. :D

Heh. Both, really. Played just beind the front-man. At Barca he has more creativity because of the bettter players around him. He awesome when he wanted to do. But we really stunk back then, so most of the time he just couldn't make an impression.

21. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    I have to say that Boro were rubbish against us, yes we played very well, but we weren't THAT good.

But you were struggling with injuries, you were up against a team that suddenly found a lot of form, (Pires,Ljungberg etc.) and if you had a few more that had the desire of Cattermole, it might have been a bit different. I guess Southgate would have marshalled the defense a lot better. Your keeper didn't do too many things wrong, apart from charging out at one point and not quite making it...

This season has been poor for you, but surely overall McClaren is a step up from perviously...

22. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    ugh. :(

We are still defending like a 2nd division side.

I mean, conceding two at home to Nuneaton - still terrible. :(

23. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Saw highlights on the internet.

a) Dodgy keepng by Jones.
    b) Murphy dived, wasn't a pen.

24. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Yeah, but you were 5-0 up at that point, you can forgive the players for taking their foot off the gas...

25. boro boy

boro boy New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Republic of Teeside
    if players start taking there foot off the gas at any point then that is where the problem lies we need 100% dedication from the team in the dire position we are in. :eek: