Dear La Norte

Discussion in 'La Norte' started by CyphaPSU, Feb 3, 2010.

1. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To All of La Norte,

Perhaps not too many of you will remember me, but a few years ago I joined your lot for a couple of games at RFK, including a playoff match against Red Bull. I had such a fantastic time meeting you all and standing with you in your section. Each of you were so very gracious and kind to both my friends and me. It was my first experience being in a true supporters section and both games were very memorable for me. Although as an MLS fan I have never been a DC United supporter, I genuinely stood with you and sang in support for United while visiting with your section. That was well before there was any concrete news about MLS expansion in Philadelphia. Three and a half years later, we are only a few short weeks away from commencing our inaugural season. I still get tingles just thinking how I have a club with the name Philadelphia to call my own.

Now, we as Sons of Ben are on the cusp of starting with something we can finally call our very own. But before we embark on this, I just wanted to first thank the ladies and gentlemen who gave me my first taste of what real footy support feels like, looks like, and tastes like. I learned so much regarding fútbol culture that I would not have learned otherwise from the outside looking in—and I will be taking this with me. Thank you La Norte. I look forward to seeing you twice a year, even if we are now to remain on opposite sides of the stadium.

Yours truly,
    T

2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    You're welcome. Now go to hell.

:D

3. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    I{m not in la norte or any where even close to DC

but much you have yet to learn young one.......................................................

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    A "thank you" isn't going to cut it.

Your tuition fee will be to simply hijack your teams bus and drive them to a different stadium the day "your team" is scheduled to play Dc United.

Thank you :D

5. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thanks, no problem and good luck.