DCU vs West Coast Smurfs

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by roadkit, Jun 1, 2019.

1. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the bench is.......................

2. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over the past five weeks who have we been complaining about? Robinson and Pedroso. Both being used to sub for Mora.

What was everyone biggest wish around here in the off season? A striker to backup Rooney. What did we get Amarikwa. Who has only scored in a meaningless friendly.

Was anyone complaining at the start of the season when he had a full lineup of starters?

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing worse than the lethargic I-don't-give-a-shit style United has played the last two games is the new way they are trying to make people walk down Potomac/First on the way out - forcing people to cross to the "wrong" side of the street - causing the mass of people to all go to the smallest, narrowest sidewalk. Which causes them/us to walk in the bike lanes as much as anywhere (there's no real traffic, bicycles can ride in the street so at least it's not totally inconvenient :rolleyes:)

PSURoss, sitruc, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  4. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    This may have been the dumbest move yet. I don't know if it's the FO or the morons in DC Public Safety who are responsible, but it's a cluster******** of biblical proportions. What is dumber yet is that you can approach the stadium on either side of Potomac, the one side only was in effect only when leaving the stadium. I think next time I'm just walking where I want to and force one of these assholes to arrest me for walking in a crosswalk on the sidewalk, Morons.

fatbastard, sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  5. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't notice that you couldn't walk on both sides of Potomac after a match now; due to where my new garage is, I go over to the non-bridge side of Potomac by default after a match anyway. However, I do wonder if that change wasn't done to improve traffic flow, as there's no real way for cars on either side of Potomac to turn on to the bridge over the Anacostia if hundreds of people are crossing South Capitol there every time the light changes.

Winoman repped this.
  6. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Added -- just sent an email to my ticket rep and Chris Hull complaining about this.

shawn12011 and Winoman repped this.
  7. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    A non issue -- they manage it on the entrance to the park by simply having public safety direct traffic by hand. The same issue would occur under the new system for anyone turning left from Potomac going north on Capitol or turning right from Potomac if coming from the Nats Park side. Of course, in the future, when exiting the stadium folks will just loop down a bit from Gate A and then already be on the "right" side -- or will they put public safety in a picket line to prevent this.

Winoman repped this.
  8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    #133 song219, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    This is regular I assume so Half Street doesn't back up so much. Works for me.
    What I saw being done was not preventing people from walking on the south side of Potomac St but preventing people from crossing Half St on the south side.

9. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    It's amazing that before the season, we all thought the offense was set and the defense was going to be a struggle. But United's offense has been absolutely calamitous since about the 5th game and their defense has bailed them out since then.

But now they've lost their best defender and their best DM. (Presumably).

shawn12011 repped this.
  10. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The missing link that affects both defense and offense is Mora.

UnitedBorn repped this.
  11. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it's Half St where they won't let you cross and stay on the S side of Potomac? Basically the same thing :)

I was arguing with the guy on the first night (Wed.) telling him how stupid the new pattern was and my wife was walking away from me thinking I was gonna be taken down by the guy ;) and we found a nice place to cross that street and stay on the south side of Potomac by just walking South a half block up - there is a cross-walk with a signal and you can force a red light to cross :)
    Last game we tried just going to the North side with the rest of the cattle - but that was just horrible, I won't do that again.

Winoman repped this.
  12. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Vytautas Andriuškevičius is being paid in vodka and black market food ration cards in the Lithuanian top flight.