DCU vs Our Farm/pasture team (aka RSL)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Jul 29, 2015.

1. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    I think DC United's 5th goal

[excuse me, make that THE DC United's 5th goal]

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  2. JRHokie

JRHokie Member+

Aug 23, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    Missed the whole game while getting a lapdance from David Koechner...Whammy!!! Seriously that happened. Anyway, not near a tv, is it going to be replayed at all?

Oveki8 repped this.
  3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    You just missed it. 4-6 today on CSN.

Thx,

Jay!

Edit: Scheduled tomorrow night on CSN, subject to any Redskins or Ravens schedule changes.

4. dcjeffc

dcjeffc Member

Jun 4, 2015
    LOL:

I thought it was weak live. In replay, there was a fistful of jersey. Stupid foul by Sandoval.

http://gfycat.com/HopefulYoungCockatiel

sitruc repped this.
  5. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I'm pretty sure I remember Charlie Davies suspended for diving … But who cares about facts …

Winoman repped this.
  6. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of all the weekends to be out of town

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Fined for a dive. Against RSL. Saborio suspended later that season.

Seems like some discipline that worked. MLS players no longer dive in the box. Else there would have been more suspensions.

Thx,

Jay!

DangSkippy repped this.
  8. Murr

Murr Member+

Apr 14, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    DC United
    I see the "S" in RSL stands for sour.

Oveki8 repped this.
  9. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or they're getting yellows for it during games.
    Boswell won't get anything for this PK. There was clearly a tug on his shirt.
    Did he exaggerate? Sure. A little bit. Without that little bit, he may not get the call.

10. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Could of sworn it was suspension ...wishful thinking I guess ...

11. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between the club and their fans, they have been beating this drum really, really hard since the match, and I do not get it. There's just absolutely no question that Sandoval had a handful of jersey and pulled. It couldn't be more visible on the TV screen. Did Boswell go down easy? Sure, but it doesn't matter: regardless of whether the player goes down or not, pulling the jersey is an explicitly-described foul. It's like these guys have never read the freaking LotG/AtR.

dadman, shawn12011 and Winoman repped this.
  12. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bootsy said what I was thinking. It's a little more than stupid for the RSL media team to be tweeting about something there really is no question on.

Get over it, RSL. You came to the House of Pain and got what you deserved. Like all the other DC tourists, we just want you to go home.

dadman, song219, Oveki8 and 5 others repped this.
  13. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took the time to send a reminder tweet to @RealSaltLake after I had a chance to review the DVR that it was indeed a penalty.

Winoman repped this.
  14. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    They're clearly butt hurt that their team coughed up a 2 goal lead and was outscored 5-2 in the second half. If they should be mad at anybody, they should direct their anger at Cassar and the asshat who now owns the team. Outside of Plata and Beckerman (and a 35 year old Javier Morales who has balance issues), that team is thin and a far cry from the RSL teams under Kreis that were among the league leaders. However, when you want to set up the hierarchy of whining babies, just look at the hot mess that is the Seattle fanbase. Their angst is my power breakfast.

dadman, Boloni86, sitruc and 2 others repped this.
  15. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhoh, what did I miss?

16. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    #116 itwasi, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Taylor Kemp posted a photo and I think it may be one of my favorite game photo's ever.

In the foreground is Arnaud and Kemp celebrating his wonder-goal. In the background however is the real greatness. Amos MaGee his right armed raised in an uppercut celebratory manner. Chad Ashton, barely within frame, with a thumb-up saying "Hey I'm still employed". Francisco Tobar losing his ********ing mind. Zack Thorton eating on the bench.

And Ben Olsen. Relaxed. Sitting. Arms resting wide open as if to say "I can't believe these guys scored multiple goals. Again! ********. It's 1-0 wins or nothing."

dadman, Saltenya94, nobletea and 4 others repped this.
  17. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, when Kemp tweeted that pic out I replied with something like "I don't think Ben was impressed".

That is a great photo.

18. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Some quotes from the postgame thread on MLS.com, power up:

That's because we're the worst team in the league. It's actually sort of interesting. I can't remember a time in all my years watching numerous sports that a team so dominant in the early part of a season has so thoroughly and so instantly become the very worst.
    The weekly "power rankings" are a joke. There isn't a team in the league a sane person would bet money on the Sounders beating. I had this odd feeling that it would 2015 when we didn't get to the post season. Now I have some sick fascination with the fact that might be the case.

So true, Roderic. Making it worse is that their entertainment value is the worst in MLS, bar none. They have no business being anywhere near the post-season at all. I'm also rooting for an early exit out of the CONCACAF tourney. They are an embarrassment to MLS, the city of Seattle and the sport of soccer in what they've displayed on the pitch since getting ousted by Portland in the US Open cup tourney, how long ago now?........Time to clean house!!

Kasey Keller is getting more and more annoying everyday. It is painful listening to him analyze the other team's players and how they should score more goals against the Sounders. What are we paying him for? Analyze the team you are working for and give us some thoughts on why the team suck so much.

We are out of answers, ideas, and our tool box is empty. You know you are screwed when you have most of your first choice in, losing 2-0 and the opposing team has three subs of the quality of Morales, Mattocks and Teibert to finish it up. What is our response? F***ing Andy f***ing Rose?! Some college kids?
    This team needs a good house cleaning, top to bottom. The amount of missing starters shouldn't make a team this bad. And to top it off, Ozzie leaves the field with an injury to finish the game with 10? Un-f***ing-believable! Onto f***ing LA, at Stubhub!

asitis, pr0ner and sitruc repped this.
  19. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    With no points.

dadman, roadkit and Winoman repped this.
  20. DC06

DC06 Member+

Oct 9, 2006
    Within amile of home
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dadman, Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you see the sideline view of Kemp's goal, and see the insane amount of bend delivered by picture perfect technique, you'll vote for Kemp.

Winoman repped this.
  22. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's gotta be Kemp, based on degree of difficulty alone. Nick had time to settle the ball, touch it where he wanted it to go, and then shoot. Kemp intercepted a moving ball, took it on the rise with the outside of his outside foot, and bent it home.

dadman and Winoman repped this.
  23. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle invented whining?

24. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They invented everything else, might as well let them have this one, too. ;)

dadman and pr0ner repped this.
  25. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I think that was definitely my 5 year old. Okay, so maybe he re-imagined it.

Winoman and pr0ner repped this.