DCU Fans in Shenandoah Valley?

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by Ourblackandred, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Ourblackandred

Jun 29, 2010
    Athens, Ohio
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! Staunton DCU supporter here. I was wondering if any other fans are in the ShanVal area. I would love to start an 81 carpool.

2. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did you try hitting up our Richmond & Central VA Supporters of DCU page on Facebook? You'd probably have better luck trying there first, that goes for all DCU pages

3. Boda United

Boda United Member

Apr 18, 2003
    No. Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Front Royal and make about 6 games a year with large groups. Do you take I66 at all?

4. Ourblackandred

Jun 29, 2010
    Athens, Ohio
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. 81 over to 66.

5. DCUBayernMunichfan13

Feb 25, 2011
    Strasburg, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep Im from Strasburg, but right now I am in Huntington,WV for school. Are any of you guys going to the Crew match in Columbus on October 2nd?

6. tiweav01

tiweav01 New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm in Harrisonburg and have been looking for other in the valley to watch DC United with for a few years now. I've recently created a facebook group in an attempt to get people together to watch. This thread is a few years old but if you guys are still around check it out. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/338165936367755/

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I drive past there a lot (will be doing so Friday and Saturday) - hope you find some like-minded people.

We have created some fans (niece/nephew) in the Daleville/Roanoke area, but they're in HS so that doesn't help you :)

8. tiweav01

tiweav01 New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Appreciate the feedback. You're welcome to join the group as at some point we may get a small group to go up for a match or matches.

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm ever to be down that way for an away game, @Gittnbizzee and I will definitely PM you to watch it somewhere. The family knows they'll never see us on a home game weekend :)

When/if you guys do head up, look us up - we're involved with setting up the SE tailgates, but we don't usually work them, we bounce around all the groups. But maybe we can hook y'all up with discounted tailgate tix or something, who knows.

I may join the facebook group, I try to avoid that dump but I do go out there :)

10. tiweav01

tiweav01 New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Club:
    DC United

Sounds great. Don't be afraid to hit us up on the group if you got something awesome going on.

fatbastard repped this.
  11. tiweav01

tiweav01 New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Club:
    DC United
  12. tiweav01

tiweav01 New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    We're up to 9 members! Though still struggling to meet consistently. Which is a shame because this season has been a lot of fun. Look up the facebook group!

Winoman repped this.