DCU App thread of electronic everything

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dcchelseafc, Jun 26, 2018.

1. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Use this thread for all App talk.

Well the tickets are now in it...

Winoman repped this.
  2. DC Braveheart

DC Braveheart Member

D.C. United
    Scotland
    Jan 2, 2001
    Oak Hill, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    They are also in Account Manager ... and cannot be printed :-(

Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  3. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I thought I replied to this already ... to get a hard copy ticket, you need to go to the box office with an ID that MATCHES the name on the account.

I looked, it says nothing about FAM or what former freebie you could get with it.

4. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see no FAM reference in the app. MY ticket rep was no help either. Could not answer a simple question. Simple stated the company line.

5. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Its just shocking that the stadium opens in a little over 2 weeks and its all a big fat bowl of meh. Its like they just want to push out the existing STMs and replace us with Wayne Rooney soccer bros.

bigredfutbol, Funkfoot, GumbyG and 3 others repped this.
  6. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Half this app is unusable

shawn12011 repped this.
  7. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    I don't need any hype. I've got my season ticket. And they have't pushed me out. If there are unsold tickets that some people are willing to buy for $150 or $200 a pop, then its smart of the FO to sell them that high.

DecadeOfDCU26 repped this.
  8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They have not pushed me out today but tomorrow is another story........................

PSURoss repped this.
  9. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    better track record than the coaching staff

10. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: the app

Let's try something simple, shall we?

How about getting all the News tab headlines link to the correct story?
    Excellent! (some day)
    :thumbsup:

Winoman repped this.
  11. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know what the "send" button does? I was going to see if it sent the tickets to a printer or my email or something but the "are you sure you really want to do this?" warning screen scared me away from going any further and seeing what it meant.

Winoman and ejs1111 repped this.
  12. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the app it lets you text or email the link to someone

Winoman repped this.
  13. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I can send a link to pictures of tickets to someone else, or I can sell them - but I can't use them myself - this is ********ing brilliant technology :rolleyes:

shawn12011, ejs1111 and dcchelseafc repped this.
  14. ElApacheTevez

ElApacheTevez Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I look at my ticket, it pulls up the QR code, so technically you could just screen capture that and print it. Unless the team says somewhere it won't allow it, the scanner at the gate should work on a piece of paper.

NicktheGreek, John L and ejs1111 repped this.
  15. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I used the app yesterday to text a ticket to my son as an experiment. You have to make sure your DC United account is linked with Ticketbastard's account. (If it's not, you get a prompt to link them.) However to transfer a ticket, the recipient must set up a DC United account through the app as well, without that step, the ticket won't transfer. Once the recipient has an account and is logged in, the ticket will transfer either by text or email. (The message merely provides a link to view the ticket.) Took about 15 minutes start to finish. The process could be frustrating to the less tech savvy.

Winoman and ejs1111 repped this.
  16. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    well - that screws the heck outa me

17. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can also just screenshot your phone with the QR code up and text the picture. never had a problem with that for DCU or Wiz games in the past.

ejs1111 and Winoman repped this.
  18. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    A friend of mine has said this doesn't work for Nats games. When he tries to send a ticket new watermark that says, 'void' shows up superimposed onto the screencap. Just make sure you don't have that watermark. He said the Nats also use ticketmaster.

19. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, I'd never heard about that.

I did just test this though with my DCU ticket and nothing changed.

Eastern Bear repped this.
  20. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't have a flip phone, but it's an older "smart phone" - more of a sub-genius phone. The DCU app is not compatible with it. Can I, from my PC, e-mail the tickets to my phone?

Last night I told my two millennial kids that you need to install an app on your phone to get into a game, and they both groaned. It's not just us old farts who hate this. The idea of cluttering up your phone with an app that you will use maybe once a year - get over yourself, DCU, you are not that important.

song219, dadman and sitruc repped this.
  21. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Nats do NOT use Ticketmaster. They use tickets.com.

22. ejs1111

ejs1111 Member

Aston Villa | DC United
    Mar 1, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    I just did a screen shot and texted via IPhone the pic to my wife. No issues. No watermark, nothing blocking the bar code.

This is how I'll be sending tickets to wife/friends. No need for them to load the DCU app.

23. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, you can access your account manager through ticketmaster, and "send" the tickets to any recipient you want. You'll get a link in your email, which you can open on your phone.

You can also directly access the account manager website and your tickets on the phone through your phone's browser. The app actually is not necessary currently.

Funkfoot, Winoman and usadcu repped this.
  24. usadcu

usadcu Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    #24 usadcu, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    late reply, so you may have already figured out the difference as I did (it took me a while):

If you open account manager on a desktop (idk about a tablet) you get partial functionality.
    You can use "Send" to generate the link to the eTicket, which you can then copy and paste into an email, text, message or whatnot to your friends (or to your customers should you sell on a non-Ticketbastard platform, i.e. Stubhub).
    You can use "Sell" to sell on the Ticketbastard platform.
    But you cannot see a QR or barcode for entry.

However, if using a smartphone, opening the same account manager will give all the options above plus voila - there is a QR code there, ready to be scanned to get you through the turnstyle.

I presume the app works the same way - but I'm not downloading it unless necessary.

Also - as others have noted in this thread - when it comes to distributing tickets to others there is the play to just screen shot that QR while it's on your phone, then send that image to your friends/buyers.

Technology! Progress! Science marches on!

25. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's science, it's behavioral science at best :) and we're the lab rats.

I hope there are enough of us bothering the staff for real tickets that they are overwhelmed and realize the error of their ways - but I'm not sure learning that will matter much. And there may be only 5 of us in the area without fancy expensive phones (or those with them but who still want real tangible tickets anyhow). Which means short lines at the ticket office which will also be nice in its own way. I just hope there is an actual STH window and we're not forced to wait in a longer will-call line or something - should be interesting.
    I'm hoping against expectations that it's a smooth process.

dadman and Winoman repped this.